Truma AquaGo error 26

KeysConchs

I have a 2018 Elite II hull and my Truma AquaGo is throwing off an error code 26: "Circulation pump current consumption error -  The current detector at the circulation pump has measured a current outside the permitted limits." As per Oliver support, I disconnected the batteries to reset the unit but no luck.  Truma is saying it probably needs to go to a dealer for diagnostics.  I am many hours from the nearest dealer.  Anyone have any experience with this error code or suggestions for next steps?

Thanks

ALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMSMONENHNJNY

2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. LE2 hull# 344.

Mine used to throw various voltage errors all the time but they’d always clear by just turning the unit off and on again (using the switch at the unit, not the remote).  A circuit board replacement fixed the problem.  

My only guess is that you’ve got a bad pump, which probably does mean taking it in for service. Service availability seems to be a real problem with the Trumas. Where are you located?  I believe that they run a mobile repair service in the southwest - maybe elsewhere too?

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

When the Truma throws a code for a critical component, like this one, does it shut down entirely, or does it have a “limp home” mode with limited heating? Luke warm water would be better than none at all.

Out of warranty, how much would such a repair cost, not including travel etc? Can an owner buy all internal parts to attempt repairs? How does the Oliver factory deal with a faulty unit that is on a trailer brought in for service?

EDIT : I found parts, these are in Australia dollars (AU$1.00 = US$0.75)

Truma AuquaGlo Parts Australia

All I can say is holy cow, I hope yours doesn’t need repairs out of warranty..... a circulation pump is US$213, a burner assembly is US$1175. Plus labor.... Has anyone found a US source for internal parts? A “how to repair” video?

I have been trying hard to accept any long term value in the Truma option, so far I am completely unconvinced. My suspicion is that it is very much like owning a high end BMW car; out of warranty, you should have very deep pockets and a friendly relationship with a local shop.... in contrast:

Suburban HWH Complete

Suburban HWH Parts

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

When my first water heater broke, I was told by Truma that they had no user serviceable parts and my only option was to go back to Oliver or a service center.  Yet, they include schematics and a parts diagram in their manual, and you seem to be able to buy parts in other countries.  Furthermore, this year they had no hesitation in sending me a new control board to install myself.  

So, mixed signals. 

As for any kind of limp home mode, my experience is that it either works or not.  The pump itself isn't technically required for the unit to work, so you'd think that the ECU could just disable the pump related features, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Edited by Overland
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Thanks all for the replies.  I am in the Florida Keys where we live.  The closest Truma dealers are in Ft. Myers (a 4 hr drive) and Port St. Lucie (also a 4 hour drive).  The error occurs on either city or pump water.  The unit does not operate at all when it throws the code.  The unit has not been decalcified since I bought it used this summer.  Not sure about the previous owner.  

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 2018 Truma production run had a bad batch of circuit boards and they were replacing these free of charge to the many people who had issues.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Overland, I noted in one of your previous posts that you replaced your Truma AquaGo circuit board controller under a manufacturer's recall.  Do you have any information on that recall?  I can't seem to find anything online. 

I only found out about it because the Truma rep told me at the last rally after I told him about the problem.  I can't find anything online either, and I don't know if it's something exclusive to the Comfort Plus model that I have.  But when I finally got around to calling them about it, they knew immediately what I was talking about and didn't hesitate to tell me that they'd send out a replacement.  

I'd definitely ask them, but since your unit won't clear the error, I'd have to guess that you actually have something wrong with the pump - a short or it's jammed or something.  

thanks for the rapid response.  That's where I'm at now.  Truma is checking on sending me a new circuit board but waiting on approval from the higher-ups.  I'm not sure the error was not cleared when reset - the error only appeared after 12v was reconnected AND the propane, pump, and AquaGo were turned back on - not right after 12v was reconnected.  Unfortunately the Truma tech I spoke with only started a few weeks ago so he is not up-to-speed on ancient history as per his admission.

Ask for Chantal Hershberger.  She's the person I spoke to, and she knew immediately what I was asking about.  

My errors would clear just by turning the unit off and on.  I never had to disconnect power or anything.  

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

I have hull 313 that was built in early 2018. My Truma was displaying an error code while at the 2018 Oliver Rally. I showed it to the Truma rep that was attending the rally and he said I needed a new board. They sent me one and I put it in and then sent the bad one back to them.

Mine was flashing error code 33

Chantal Hershberger was the person I dealt with also. 

Edited by Townesw

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax