The evolution of dinner conversations, Oliver style

SeaDawg

• Moderators

When we were looking for the perfect "for us" travel trailer, our dinner conversations rambled on about the 30+ brands and models we'd looked at and read about. 

Toward the end of those days, our poor little dog (who happened to be named Oliver ) spent the dinner hour whipping his head back and forth as his "name" came up over and over again. I was afraid he'd get whiplash, frankly.😄

Evolution. Last week, we discussed wiring with Ryan at Blue Sky during dinner on speakerphone.  Tonight, we two solar nerds chatted with each other again about wiring and dual controller setup (master/slave, fixed/portable) and watched a couple videos from the Blue Sky learning center. After dinner, more research.

I  guess it's a good thing that we feel we still have a great trailer to upgrade, and enjoy, 13 seasons later. And, that it's worth the time and effort (and $) to do the upgrades.  

And, that we enjoy it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 10

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Well, it's 16 seasons later, now.

Three years ago, we upgraded our 2 x 100 watt panels to 2 x 200 watt bifacial panels, made in Michigan.

Great upgrade.

Now, I see Renogy has introduced 220 watt bifacial panels, with perc  tech, plus half cut cells.

We're happy with what we have, for now, but I do love the concept of this new product. (No size listed. We have a 2008 elite,so, limited space, even with our custom sidemount.) Think of the watts generated bouncing off that glossy white hull? We think we get extra, but have never tried to measure, with our bifacials.

I'm glad to see manufacturers continue to upgrade the status quo.

https://www.renogy.com/bifacial-220-watt-12-volt-monocrystalline-solar-panel/

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.