Xantrex XCPro 3000 warning code

Ray and Susan Huff

5 hours ago, NCeagle said:

Hi @Ray and Susan Huff, you don't have to disconnect the batteries - use the relay cutoff located under the street side bed - nearest the pantry.  There are two in there and you want the one that is mounted directly under the pantry.  Here's a picture looking down the basement from the rear to the front on the street side.  I've circled the breaker that is in between the batteries and the inverter.  This is the one that you want to "trip" by pushing the top red square button.  When you do that the bar on the side will come out - the picture shows the bar on mine "tripped".  Do this and also cut off shore power.  Then reset this breaker by pushing that bar on the side back in and turn on shore power if you want - then see if you have reset your remote.

Sorry for confusion!!

IMG_2778_LI.thumb.jpg.8d98a1f7ed84258c67dfcecda023f477.jpg

Thanks for the explanation and the great photo.  Would we first install the firmware update before doing the cut-off/reset procedure?

I can see the display panel in the center of the Xantrex "black box", just above the ducting.  It sure isn't in a handy place to see; does a mirror help?  I guess I need to do more looking around in the bowels of our Ollie and see what's there.  After I get our taxes off to the accountant; looking forward to that solar tax credit 😁

What is the duct you have wrapped in rubber mat?

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

6 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

Thanks for the explanation and the great photo.  Would we first install the firmware update before doing the cut-off/reset procedure?

I can see the display panel in the center of the Xantrex "black box", just above the ducting.  It sure isn't in a handy place to see; does a mirror help?  I guess I need to do more looking around in the bowels of our Ollie and see what's there.  After I get our taxes off to the accountant; looking forward to that solar tax credit 😁

What is the duct you have wrapped in rubber mat?

I reset the inverter first and got it working properly with the remote before installing the firmware, although it probably doesn't matter since you have to power cycle the inverter as part of the upgrade process anyhow.  I just haven't been able to figure out why the "power" button on the inverter works sometimes and not others and I suspected the remote [20] error may have had something to do with it so I did a hard reset first.  During the firmware upgrade itself, I was able to use the power button on the inverter to do the power cycle since I had done the hard reset first.  👍

You actually don't need to see the panel on the inverter to do the upgrade.  The USB port (and two other ports) are right below those two white power cords coming out of the back of the unit (and so blocked from view).  I did stick my head in there with a flashlight to "find" the USB.  The flashing lights indicating the firmware is updating are also right under the port, and you just plug in the USB with the firmware on it, the inverter recognizes the firmware and downloads it, then you power cycle and it's done.  You can then check the firmware version on the remote after upgrading - since it will be working for a change!  🙂

The duct is a modification I made to get some ducted warm air from the furnace to the street side.  I have some holes in the ducts to warm some of the components that need to be warmed on that side in the winter - you can see one of the holes on top of the duct where the cell foam matting ends.  The hole looks like it's an accident because I hacked it in there with a screwdriver, but it's on purpose to shoot warm air up towards the battery compartment.  😄

• Thanks 4

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

7 hours ago, NCeagle said:

I reset the inverter first and got it working properly with the remote before installing the firmware, although it probably doesn't matter since you have to power cycle the inverter as part of the upgrade process anyhow.  I just haven't been able to figure out why the "power" button on the inverter works sometimes and not others and I suspected the remote [20] error may have had something to do with it so I did a hard reset first.  During the firmware upgrade itself, I was able to use the power button on the inverter to do the power cycle since I had done the hard reset first.  👍

You actually don't need to see the panel on the inverter to do the upgrade.  The USB port (and two other ports) are right below those two white power cords coming out of the back of the unit (and so blocked from view).  I did stick my head in there with a flashlight to "find" the USB.  The flashing lights indicating the firmware is updating are also right under the port, and you just plug in the USB with the firmware on it, the inverter recognizes the firmware and downloads it, then you power cycle and it's done.  You can then check the firmware version on the remote after upgrading - since it will be working for a change!  🙂

The duct is a modification I made to get some ducted warm air from the furnace to the street side.  I have some holes in the ducts to warm some of the components that need to be warmed on that side in the winter - you can see one of the holes on top of the duct where the cell foam matting ends.  The hole looks like it's an accident because I hacked it in there with a screwdriver, but it's on purpose to shoot warm air up towards the battery compartment.  😄

The upgrade sounds easy . . . . I have been corresponding with Jason but haven't since the bad weather situation.

Did Oliver (or Xantrex) email you the upgrade file or mail you a flash drive with it installed?

Ray and Susan Huff

6 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

The upgrade sounds easy . . . . I have been corresponding with Jason but haven't since the bad weather situation.

Did Oliver (or Xantrex) email you the upgrade file or mail you a flash drive with it installed?

Just the files.  They are pretty small so any small usb / flash drive you have around should work.  @ScubaRxalso posted the links to the exact same files - the firmware and the instructions - earlier in this thread.

• Thanks 1

States Visited Map

3 hours ago, NCeagle said:

Just the files.  They are pretty small so any small usb / flash drive you have around should work.  @ScubaRxalso posted the links to the exact same files - the firmware and the instructions - earlier in this thread.

I need to talk to Jason and get specific instructions . . . . do we install both updates or just the remote panel update? . . . . .

What did you do?  . . . . . . did this fix the problem?

Ray and Susan Huff

5 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

I need to talk to Jason and get specific instructions . . . . do we install both updates or just the remote panel update? . . . . .

What did you do?  . . . . . . did this fix the problem?

There is only one update and one set of instructions that I know of. 

Problem fixed?  So far I have not seen the [20] error code again since I upgraded the firmware but it's only been 2 days now.

• Like 1

States Visited Map

19 hours ago, NCeagle said:

There is only one update and one set of instructions that I know of. 

Problem fixed?  So far I have not seen the [20] error code again since I upgraded the firmware but it's only been 2 days now.

When I look at the Xantrex website there are two upgrades:

1. inverter/charger firmware 818-2010 and 818-3010

2. Bluetooth Remote Panel Firmware 808-0817-02

It looks like one is for the actual inverter and the other for the remote panel.  So we are only concerned with the one for the remote panel? (#2)

• Love 1

Ray and Susan Huff

3 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

When I look at the Xantrex website there are two upgrades:

1. inverter/charger firmware 818-2010 and 818-3010

2. Bluetooth Remote Panel Firmware 808-0817-02

It looks like one is for the actual inverter and the other for the remote panel.  So we are only concerned with the one for the remote panel? (#2)

You want the first one - make sure it's version 1.06.

• Thanks 1

States Visited Map

20 hours ago, NCeagle said:

Well, I would have guessed wrong!  (wouldn't be the first time).  I thought, since it was the remote panel that wasn't working, that the Bluetooth Remote Panel firmware would be what I need.

As soon as I have my tax work compiled (almost there) I'll talk with OTT before attempting the update . . . . . Fingers crossed and all that jazz 😳

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Can anyone confirm if Oliver is installing the Newer Xantrex remote?  New one is the top photo.

John

Freedom Remote 3 6_transparent.png

IMG_2019.jpeg

Edited by Jps190

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

I have the Xantrex remote with Bluetooth in the top photo installed by Oliver in my 2021 Elite II delivered last month.

• Thanks 1

David Smith, Hemphill, Tx

2016 Ford F-150, 3.5l EB, King Ranch

Elite II #736 delivered 3 Feb 2021

50 minutes ago, Dgsmith said:

I have the Xantrex remote with Bluetooth in the top photo installed by Oliver in my 2021 Elite II delivered last month.

Cool.  Thanks Dave.

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 2:15 PM, Jps190 said:

Can anyone confirm if Oliver is installing the Newer Xantrex remote?  New one is the top photo.

John

IMG_2019.jpeg

Our 2021 Elite II has the new (upper image) remote display.  Hull #699 with Lithium Pro/3000W inverter.

Ray and Susan Huff

On 2/22/2021 at 1:08 AM, NCeagle said:

I just checked our inverter main display and it shows the following which doesn't look like what Jason said, which is "U3 01 06".

He is having us do reset the inverter to see if it fixes the problem.

P1000476.JPG

Ray and Susan Huff

NEWER Bluetooth Xantrex Controller in our EII.

Bluetooth app (iOS & android // we-r-ios) is rather handy/powerful. Allowed me check firmware versions of controller and inverter/charger ........... and to set max charging current to a low enough value that running on long small extension cord is possible w/o excessive voltage drop.

Hull#751 , 2021

'There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us,it doesn't behoove any of us to speak evil of the rest of us'

> 2021 OTT EII , TAB Teardrop has good home after 10,000 miles of pleasant learning <

11 hours ago, georgelewisray said:

NEWER Bluetooth Xantrex Controller in our EII.

Bluetooth app (iOS & android // we-r-ios) is rather handy/powerful. Allowed me check firmware versions of controller and inverter/charger ........... and to set max charging current to a low enough value that running on long small extension cord is possible w/o excessive voltage drop.

Hull#751 , 2021

What is the app?  We are still in  the process of getting our remote display to function . . . . don't want to add another variable until we have it working.

Sounds good, though.

Ray and Susan Huff

On 2/19/2021 at 2:13 AM, NCeagle said:

@Ray and Susan Huff, this might be worth a try as it works for me.  I am able to clear the [20] error code by disconnecting the shore power AND battery from the inverter for a few minutes.  When you do that and restart it by putting it back on either shore power, battery or both it apparently does a hard reset.

Even if you can't get the [20] error code cleared using the hard reset, you should put the new firmware on.  It's easy and very quick once you get it on the thumb drive.  You don't need the remote to do this and it also requires a power off / power on sequence, so either way you are doing a "hard reset" along with the upgrade.

Like I said in the post above, according to Xantrex that may fix what's causing your [20] error code since you are apparently getting the code for a reason different than mine.

I received the firmware update U3 01 06 today from OTT.  I installed the files on a thumb drive and ran through the sequence to update the firmware as per Xantrex instructions.  When I plug the thumb drive in, the inverter reads the drive and does the green/amber flash thing . . . . for just a few seconds.  When the flashing stopped I powered the inverter off and on, but the light didn't flash, indicating the firmware hadn't updated.  Checking the display confirmed the old version is still there.

After trying a few times, OTT suggested I contact Xantrex customer support.  Had to wait for a call back, then our connections crossed, so I am still waiting to hear from Shaun at Xantrex.

Will share any new information as it comes in.  I don't expect to hear anything till Monday, since it's now after business hours, CDT.

In the meantime, I guess we'll just go camping 😕

Update 4/14 - I finally got in touch with Xantrex support.  They connected me with Shaun, the "Go-to Guy" for this issue.  He reviewed everything I've done and has concluded that our's is one of a few cases where the inverter appears to not be applying the ver 1.06 firmware update.  Since our remote panel is now functioning, he says it is possible that the firmware did update, but it just isn't displaying the new version (and it might, sometime later).  His best guess is it's some sort of "blip" in the memory.   At any rate, the 1.06 firmware is supposed to remedy the BT communication issue.  Until they have more cases like ours, they can't begin to figure out why ours isn't showing the update as applied; they don't have enough information to begin to trace the problem.  He did say they are working on another firmware update, since programming is never "finished" (his words).  

Until they have more than just a few isolated cases like ours, or another firmware update, Shaun is asking us to let the situation ride - as long as the BT panel continues to function.  Despite the fact that the inverter is saying it still has the old firmware, he's guessing the update has been applied and the remote panel will continue to function; we are to let him know if the problem recurs (and ideally what the circumstances were when the failure occurred), so they can maybe determine the cause of our inverter's odd behavior.  

In summary:

1. A hard reset cleared the remote panel "20" code and it has been functioning properly for a couple of days, even after multiple disconnect/reconnects to shore power. 

2. After multiple attempts to update the firmware from v.1.04 to v.1.06, both displays still show the older version.

3. During the update process, the inverter USB port flashes several times (amber/green) indicating that the firmware has been downloaded.  However, after powering off and on again (step 6 in the instructions) the light does not flash to indicated the firmware has been applied.  

4. Xantrex (Shaun) suspects that the firmware updated; but, for some unknown reason, neither display is indicating the new version.  I will periodically check this to see if it changes.

5. Still showing ver 01.04.  After a few days, the remote display went code "20".

Ray and Susan Huff

I still haven't had the opportunity to speak with Xantrex . . . . . yesterday my call went directly to voicemail and the mailbox was full.  I also emailed Xantrex support, but they have yet to respond.  Will try again today.

Despite attempting to upgrade the firmware to ver 1.06, the inverter still shows ver 1.04.  Shore power has been connected and disconnected multiple times, like half a dozen or more, and the remote panel is still working. 

1. Has anyone with the XC Pro 3000 inverter had an issue with downloading and applying the ver 1.06 firmware update? 

2. Could the hard reset have resolved the "20" error code?

3. Can we expect the remote panel to continue function with ver 1.04 firmware or will it, randomly, repeat the "20" error?

I realize the inverter is functioning as it should; it's only the remote panel that sometimes does not.  The problem is the hassle to get under the bed to access the inverter panel - whether it be to turn on/off or see the status of the inverter/charge controller.  I just want it to work as it should.

I know there is an App for the inverter, but is it dependent on the remote panel functioning?

We are still experiencing below freezing temps at night, here in Oregon.  But the weatherman is predicting daytime temps in upper 70's to mid 80's by this weekend.  Summer's not here yet, but the swallows have returned!

Ray and Susan Huff

• Moderator+
On 4/9/2021 at 5:34 PM, Ray and Susan Huff said:

I received the firmware update U3 01 06 today from OTT.  I installed the files on a thumb drive and ran through the sequence to update the firmware as per Xantrex instructions.  When I plug the thumb drive in, the inverter reads the drive and does the green/amber flash thing . . . . for just a few seconds.  When the flashing stopped I powered the inverter off and on, but the light didn't flash, indicating the firmware hadn't updated.  Checking the display confirmed the old version is still there.

After trying a few times, OTT suggested I contact Xantrex customer support.  Had to wait for a call back, then our connections crossed, so I am still waiting to hear from Shaun at Xantrex.

In the meantime, I looked at the files that OTT sent me and see the file names all look like this: FX-(a bunch of numbers) followed by _2000-06-18_70-577-28.  The instructions for the upgrade procedure list the firmware as 818-2010 and 818-3010.  I am wondering if the files OTT sent are for the 2000W inverter (ours is 3000W) and this is why it won't update?

Will share any new information as it comes in.  I don't expect to hear anything till Monday, since it's now after business hours, CDT.

In the meantime, I guess we'll just go camping 😕

Susan you can download the firmware update directly from Xantrex here.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

On 3/2/2021 at 2:15 PM, Jps190 said:

John

IMG_2019.jpeg

In my Elite I, XC 2000, I have teh remote with the red Xwhich I think is the older one. Should I have that upgraded/will it be upgraded? Following the instructions at the Xantrex website, I can't connect the app/phone to the remote - no bluetooth in this remote. Trailer delivered 4 weeks ago.

Edited by JRK

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

20 hours ago, JRK said:

In my Elite I, XC 2000, I have teh remote with the red Xwhich I think is the older one. Should I have that upgraded/will it be upgraded? Following the instructions at the Xantrex website, I can't connect the app/phone to the remote - no bluetooth in this remote. Trailer delivered 4 weeks ago.

When I talked to Xantrex, I asked if the app would work if the BT remote display isn't functioning.  Shaun told me, the app is dependent on the BT remote panel being operable, as I expected the answer would be. Thus, if you don't have the new BT remote, the app will not work.

Ray and Susan Huff

On 4/13/2021 at 10:48 AM, ScubaRx said:

Susan you can download the firmware update directly from Xantrex here.

Thanks.

Jason, at OTT, sent me the files he received from Xantrex. 

Ray and Susan Huff

On 4/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, Ray and Susan Huff said:

I just checked our inverter main display and it shows the following which doesn't look like what Jason said, which is "U3 01 06".

He is having us do reset the inverter to see if it fixes the problem.

P1000476.JPG

This is wrong . . . . there is more than 1 firmware screen; I didn't scroll to the final screen, which reads, "U3 01 04"

Ray and Susan Huff

On 2/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, SeaDawg said:

I'm also curious  as to the firmware release number forwarded to Oliver, and forwarded to mcb and nceagle. The latest release number on the xantrex website is 1.06. This looks to be a 30 to 45 minute process, even if your trailer is at he house, if all steps are followed, properly. 

As Jairon noted, it would be interesting to see serial numbers on the inverters . And helpful,  to both Oliver and Xantrex.

We chose Xantrex for the boat for a number of reasons, including the size, lighter weight, dual function, and Xantrex history of reliability. 

The xcpro is pretty much cutting edge. And, also pretty new, with many programming options to accommodate all charging situations and battery types. 

I was excited to see Oliver adopt newer tech. Hopefully,  it will all work out shortly. 

I asked Shaun, at Xantrex, where to find the serial number on the inverter.  He said it is a sticker on the left side of the box (when looking at the end of the inverter, where the cables come out).  In our 2021 Elite II installation, the side with the serial number sticker is facing the outer hull.  I haven't yet, but plan to take a mirror and locate the sticker.  Hopefully, it's in a place where I can get a picture with my phone.

I didn't ask about where the serial number is on the remote panel.

Regarding serial numbers, shouldn't Oliver have a record of the model and serial number of all components installed?  When we purchased our previous RV, we were given a list of these for every component.  I would think this information would be needed for warranty.

Ray and Susan Huff

On 4/14/2021 at 3:06 PM, Ray and Susan Huff said:

I asked Shaun, at Xantrex, where to find the serial number on the inverter.  He said it is a sticker on the left side of the box (when looking at the end of the inverter, where the cables come out).  In our 2021 Elite II installation, the side with the serial number sticker is facing the outer hull.  I haven't yet, but plan to take a mirror and locate the sticker.  Hopefully, it's in a place where I can get a picture with my phone.

I didn't ask about where the serial number is on the remote panel.

Regarding serial numbers, shouldn't Oliver have a record of the model and serial number of all components installed?  When we purchased our previous RV, we were given a list of these for every component.  I would think this information would be needed for warranty.

I heard from Jason at OTT; they do not keep a record of serial numbers of installed components.  Not sure what you do if you need one and the associated installed component is not accessible.

Ray and Susan Huff