I messed up

TexasGuy

So my Oliver isn’t coming until May and as I continue to look at build sheet I’m pretty sure I am going to get Elite II versus small Elite.   It just works better as I thought about how I plan to use trailer.

My mistake was looking at F250 this weekend.   I have 21 F150 on order but with delays it won’t be ready by end of year which is when I need it.   So off to dealer to look at F250.  I think I have been watching too many YouTube videos on towing as the thing I got most excited about was the payload sticker at about 2,850 lbs. 😂  The F150 would work just fine and I can stay within numbers with Elite II but I love the mountain west and long term think a diesel HD truck will make trips easier.  

Plus living in Texas a F250 is really just a normal sized family vehicle.   

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, TexasGuy said:

Plus living in Texas a F250 is really just a normal sized family vehicle.   

Everything really is bigger in Texas, right?

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I want an F250 too but I just bought a 2020 Tundra.  I'm looking at the new 7.3L in the F250 instead of the diesel.  Still pondering my options as I think I'll have issues with payload with my Tundra based on the recreational stuff we'd like to take along (kayaks, grill, generator, etc).  Lots of research still to be done.  Good luck with your swap if you decide to do it.

• Like 1

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

26 minutes ago, Jairon said:

The F-250 is rumored to have an interior overhaul for the next model year. 🤪

Yeah.  I heard the same.  Guessing they may get new big screen from F150 and maybe other tech updates like the self drive stuff.   Not sure I want F250 on self drive mode.  🤣

2 minutes ago, Cool Ghoul said:

F150 hybrid is intriguing... I was surprised at the towing capacity which is higher than most of the other F150s.  Also, the ability to use it as a generator is a major bonus.

But the payload hit may make it a nonstarter.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Everything really is bigger in Texas, right?

We rented a class C RV in Alaska in 1999.  We spent 20 days touring state and even though it rained 19 of those days, we still had a great time.  My brother had worked on the Trans-Alaska pipeline, so seeing the pipeline was a little special for me.  We toured the oil storage facility in Valdez which is where the pipeline ended.  While on the bus tour, the guide told a story about the inspection of the pipeline before it went into service.  As the story goes, they used a mechanical device called a pig to inspect the welding on the inside of the pipeline.  During the inspection, they found an anomaly on the inside wall of the pipe.  So they sent a more sophisticated pig, capable of high quality pictures through the pipe.  And when they reviewed the pictures, they found that someone had welded the outline of the state of Texas on the inside of the pipe.  Now this caused the Texans on the bus to roar their approval.  And then the tour guide noted that they could cut Alaska in half and make Texas the third largest state in America.

So if everything is bigger in Texas, I guess everything is biggest in Alaska.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Mossey

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Yeah, payload capacity is what convinced me to move to an F-250.  We haul a lot of “stuff” when camping and I didn’t want to have to worry about payload limits.  Just the loaded Elite II tongue weight (tanks full, etc.) and a driver and passenger will use up 1,000 lbs. of your payload.  And I have a bed liner, the Rock Tamer mudflaps (which are really heavy), a rigid bed cover, an over the bed cover bike rack, plus bikes, camp chairs, portable solar panel, portable gas grill, folding tables, toolboxes, water filtration system, etc, etc, etc.  My F-250 is optioned with the HD package and has a 3,334 lb. payload limit.  

A67EEA41-90F5-4A1D-8249-BFA3A983D28D.jpeg

875C7A6F-F01F-4A87-B19B-7FC217EBE0C1.jpeg

Edited by FrankC
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I'll add - I really love my 2500 diesel -however - Ford and GM have new large displacement gas engines out this year - Ram can't be far off. Give them a few years - I may look at the gas powerplant - GM still mates it to a 6 speed - due to availability-  About 450 hp and torque - at 5k rpm vs 2k for diesels. 

Why- initial upfront $$ of diesel (ok I've eaten that,,,) is a bummer - gas is mo better $$

Less $$ operating - between oil changes, fuel filters, DEF, the gas engine is more economical - fuel mileage a little less, but fuel is cheaper.... 

And when the world opens up again - diesel is a little less available north and south of the US. 

BUT - my current TV is really perfect, and it paid for  so.... 

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

16 minutes ago, BackofBeyond said:

I'll add - I really love my 2500 diesel -however - Ford and GM have new large displacement gas engines out this year - Ram can't be far off. Give them a few years - I may look at the gas powerplant - GM still mates it to a 6 speed - due to availability-  About 450 hp and torque - at 5k rpm vs 2k for diesels. 

Why- initial upfront $$ of diesel (ok I've eaten that,,,) is a bummer - gas is mo better $$

Less $$ operating - between oil changes, fuel filters, DEF, the gas engine is more economical - fuel mileage a little less, but fuel is cheaper.... 

And when the world opens up again - diesel is a little less available north and south of the US. 

BUT - my current TV is really perfect, and it paid for  so.... 

Interestingly, as I have searched local dealers inventory the 7.3 is hard to find especially when you get to Lariat or above trims.  

• Like 1