Hello from Seattle!

Sak

Hi,

This is Sak. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. We are new to towing but we have been tent camping for a while. During Thanksgiving, we rented an Airstream and my kids (high schooler & 1st grader) loved it! While Airstream is nice, the Oliver would work better for us in the PNW weather as we plan to use the Oliver year round. So... we just called Phil and ordered our LE II from inside that Airstream 😁 Our delivery is around late July. Can't wait!

Best,

Sak

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #854
2021 Ford Expedition Platinum

• Moderator+

Congrats Sak, from Hull # 050. What do you plan to tow with?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Sak - 

I'm guessing that somewhere in the Airstream handbook there is a rule that states that one should not order an Oliver while sitting inside the Airstream.

However, nice choice and really a nice way to do it!  Welcome aboard.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, ScubaRx said:

Congrats Sak, from Hull # 050. What do you plan to tow with?

Our current choice is Ford Expedition 2019 or newer, with HD tow package. We like to avoid 2018 model year because of reliability based on data from Consumer Reports. We also looked at Ford F150 and Ram 1500 but decided to stick with SUV for a little while longer. Other SUVs that we looked at were Toyota Sequoia and Chevrolet Suburban but so far we like the look of Expedition better.

Congratulations Sak! We are awaiting production now to begin on 12/21/2020. Lots of great information available here on the Forum. 

• Like 2

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

3 hours ago, sak said:

Hi,

This is Sak. Just wanted to drop in and say hi. We are new to towing but we have been tent camping for a while. During Thanksgiving, we rented an Airstream and my kids (high schooler & 1st grader) loved it! While Airstream is nice, the Oliver would work better for us in the PNW weather as we plan to use the Oliver year round. So... we just called Phil and ordered our LE II from inside that Airstream 😁 Our delivery is around late July. Can't wait!

Best,

Sak

I’m a former Airstreaam owner. Now Oliver LE11 owner,  wish I found Oliver before the airstream. Good choice. I’m much happier as a Oliver owner

• Like 2

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Welcome from the Dry Side, there are several Seattle area Ollie owners here. Where do you live? We were in Ballard, Wallingford, Mukilteo, and finally Monroe, we kept moving further and further to get away from all those people, in 2004 we ended up across the state. My son is in Redmond, we used to visit him often, not so much now with Covid. Do you have a decent place to store your new toy?

Where do you plan to bed down your kids? Four people is a crowd in even the biggest Ollie. Some owners with children put them in a tent, to get a little privacy, nudge nudge, wink wink.....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

17 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Welcome from the Dry Side, there are several Seattle area Ollie owners here. Where do you live? We were in Ballard, Wallingford, Mukilteo, and finally Monroe, we kept moving further and further to get away from all those people, in 2004 we ended up across the state. My son is in Redmond, we used to visit him often, not so much now with Covid. Do you have a decent place to store your new toy?

Where do you plan to bed down your kids? Four people is a crowd in even the biggest Ollie. Some owners with children put them in a tent, to get a little privacy, nudge nudge, wink wink.....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Hi John!

I am currently in south Bellevue, used to lived in Redmond for a long time, 12 years or so. I don't have space to store right now and will have to rent, probably someplace near North Bend if I want cover parking (which I do) or Factoria where it's really close to my house but no cover parking. It's my dream to have a big enough garage when I retire to store all my toys 😁

As for bedding, my wife, 6 years old little girl, and I should fit nicely in the big dinette converted bed. My skinny 14 yo son will have to sleep at the small dinette area. A tent is a great idea as we also have one of those hard shell rooftop tent, hopefully the kids are willing to do that. If not, we just need to get by a few more years until he's off to college (but don't tell him I said that 😆)

Speaking of which, is cover parking critical for fiberglass TT? I imagine it isn't since we don't get much sun here but I could be wrong. Probably gonna start a new topic rather than hijacking this one.

-Sak

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Sak - 

See the recent discussion/thread about covers for the Oliver HERE.  This will give you a start on this subject but there is much more that you can read on this Forum via the "search" function.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Sak,

Welcome to the Soon-to-be Oliver Owner's Association of Western, WA.  

In answer to your question re: fiberglass and outside storage - not a problem with normal maintenance.  Witness the hundreds of thousands of fiberglass boats living happily on the Salish Sea.  Untended gelcoat can get chalky and even degrade to a degree but sun induced structural issues will not be a problem in your lifetime or that of your kids.  Your grandkids may want to paint your Oliver sometime late in their lives but the good news is that glass is easy to paint.  The other plastic exterior components however, may become an issue as UV tends to play havoc with many plastics.  For that reason a cover may be useful ... at least in keeping your trailer clean.

Jim

• Thanks 1

Welcome. I live in  the unincorporated region between Redmond and  Woodinville, and will  be in possession  of a new Elite 2 in relatively short order. I hear you about the design and the PNW weather - seems like boat-like is not a bad idea for  us!!

• Like 1

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

I have been sitting back mostly watching the posts, getting to know "what's what" with the Forum and attempting to decipher how this works.  I found it is not really hard to upload photos; however, once they are on the Forum, I cannot figure out how to keep from doubling up sending them out to the end users.  Oh, well, I suppose I will learn by doing.  So, here is a little bit about us:

My wife and I are eager for May 17, 2021, which is our delivery day for our OTT LEII Twin Bed model.  I drove to Hohenwald in our bought-it-new, 67,000-mile 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 (yes, we are going to "try" it as our TV before we decide to upgrade to something "more substantial") and toured the factory with Anita while my wife stayed home social distancing.  We live in Central Illinois and had never seen nor heard of an Oliver until I was ready to pull the trigger on an Airstream.  However, with the hailstorms we have here and the potential devastation golf ball-sized stones often deliver, I hesitated...then heard about Oliver on an Airstream Facebook page.  The rest is history.  

We support the theory that it makes more aesthetic and financial sense to buy  superior quality items ONCE and then take excellent care of them, rather than purchasing low-cost, inferior goods with the expectation of replacing them often.  We have pretty much lived our lives in that manner.  Oliver Travel Trailers seemed to match that ideal premise, and after my factory tour, I was solidly convinced.  We are STOKED!

It seems there is a short list of recommended necessities to bring to Hohenwald on delivery day, and that other items can be purchased after we "hit the road."

Well, we may be exceeding that advice...

Let's just say...we will be adequately prepared for serious boondocking on May 17!

HERE IS THE OLIVER FACTORY TOUR WITH ANITA JOHNSTON...Enjoy!

• Thanks 5
  • Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite II  Twin Beds   "R-Villa" ~ Hull #803 

2021 GMC Denali HD, 6.6 L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, 10-speed Allison

ALARILINIAKYMNMSMOMTOHSDTNWIWYsm.jpg

Thanks for sharing this video - it's excellent!  We just picked up our new Ollie last month and we are very impressed with the workmanship and quality.  I will get a lot of value out of the portion between 6 and 7 minutes where you can see the HVAC, plumbing and electrical.  Very handy.

• Like 3

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

• Moderators

Yep - good video.  I really appreciate the time that you took to film this - I always see or learn something that either I didn't know or that has changed over time.  Be sure to keep this video for you records in that in the event you have to or want to repair or change something, your video will possibly help you in identifying where things are in the area you plan to work.

Bill

p.s.  this video took a bit of time to download to my computer - so, don't give up on it if it takes five minutes or so.

Edited by topgun2
added detail
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Great video - thanks for posting!  Anita gave us our first tour almost 6 years ago.  We keep doing tours whenever we’re there because you still pick up knowledge on each one.  Sometimes you don’t know what you’re looking at but after many camping days things become more clear.  Anyway, I like seeing all those shiny new Olivers, yours will be there soon!  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

9 hours ago, IL_Travelers said:

HERE IS THE OLIVER FACTORY TOUR WITH ANITA JOHNSTON...Enjoy!

Thanks for the video! I am having trouble viewing it, it starts and stops. where is it hosted? Can you upload it to YouTube? Consider reposting it in a new “Oliver Tour” thread so others can find it easily. With it buried in this thread it is not very easy to find.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Nice video, thank you for posting. Excellent quality and very useful. 

47 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Thanks for the video! I am having trouble viewing it, it starts and stops. where is it hosted?

John,

I downloaded the file and used Apple's Quicktime for playback.  

3 minutes ago, mjrendon said:

Nice video, thank you for posting. Excellent quality and very useful. 

John,

I downloaded the file and used Apple's Quicktime for playback.  

I am glad that worked, but I don’t see that option on my iPad, only an embedded video that does not stream well. A direct link to the actual file would be better.

John Davies

Spokane WA

22 hours ago, Jairon said:

I still couldn’t get it to play, so I am downloading it at about 2 MBPS. It certainly won’t stream at that slow speed, there is a problem with the server. My normal download speed is around 200 MBPS and my network is working perfectly. Is there any reason this can’t be uploaded to YouTube? That is where I put all mine. They work fine there.

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

Thanks for the kudos on the video!  Boy, do I have a lot to learn about this forum!  I will take your suggestions to heart and attempt to upload this to YouTube or something.  I was not paying attention today as I was busy in my leather studio.  Perhaps will get to this in a day or so.

2021 Legacy Elite II  Twin Beds   "R-Villa" ~ Hull #803 

2021 GMC Denali HD, 6.6 L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, 10-speed Allison

ALARILINIAKYMNMSMOMTOHSDTNWIWYsm.jpg