Hello from Alexandra & Benjamin in Chicago Illinois

alexandra adams

Hi! We are Benjamin & Alexandra from Chicago Illinois, and we just picked up our Legacy Elite about a month ago. So far we've enjoyed just all the nights in our Ollie before we put it to bed for the cold & snowy winter!

We've both been hiking, canoeing, cycling and camping since forever under tarps, in tents and in a pop-up trailer. This is our first foray into a hard-sided camper with creature comforts so that's something of a new experience. Most of our camping has been in the Sunset Lakes Resort, Chillicothe and several other places in southern Illinois. We are expecting to revisit some old favorites and also to begin ranging further afield once spring arrives.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Congratulations!

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

It may seem like a long wait 'till Spring, but now that you have a bit of experience with your Oliver you are in a good position to get those things that you want to make it even better for you.  In addition, you can think about the mods you want to make and the places you can take it.  Have fun over the Winter while your baby sleeps.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome from Maine. You so will enjoy the "hard side". Come in from a hike, soaked and chilled due to a sudden snow squall or thunder monsoon, turn on the heat. Take a hot shower, cook a hot meal, get into a warm bed; no fluttering canvas or water dripping on your nose. Just be prepared, as you are sitting outside, enjoying a fire, to have folks stop by and ask about your camper. (It happens at rest areas too). It is kind of amazing where it will fit, being narrow as your tow vehicle. It is shorter than most pop ups. The sights you will see, as you travel further a field. Take pictures and a log book...

• Like 2

On 12/20/2020 at 7:17 PM, topgun2 said:

It may seem like a long wait 'till Spring, but now that you have a bit of experience with your Oliver you are in a good position to get those things that you want to make it even better for you.  In addition, you can think about the mods you want to make and the places you can take it.  Have fun over the Winter while your baby sleeps.

Bill

Thank you bill 😍

On 12/20/2020 at 8:33 PM, Mainiac said:

Welcome from Maine. You so will enjoy the "hard side". Come in from a hike, soaked and chilled due to a sudden snow squall or thunder monsoon, turn on the heat. Take a hot shower, cook a hot meal, get into a warm bed; no fluttering canvas or water dripping on your nose. Just be prepared, as you are sitting outside, enjoying a fire, to have folks stop by and ask about your camper. (It happens at rest areas too). It is kind of amazing where it will fit, being narrow as your tow vehicle. It is shorter than most pop ups. The sights you will see, as you travel further a field. Take pictures and a log book...

Sure. I will take a lot of pictures and will share them with you guys. I am also planning to write a book about all my experiences. Actually I am really inspired by Jon Krakauer book

Hello Adams family

I kinda liked the water dripping on my nose, fluttering tent material with the rain plopping. I had begun to return to tents  and short hikes (planned long hikes) but my wife decided that she wanted to return to camping, which required a return to a trailer of some sort - her choice rather than a motorhome. Oliver seemed right as a compromise between a 40' 5th wheel and a tent. Pick up ours in March.

Near the beach in southern California - what is winter?  Maaybe see you out there, somewhere.

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited