Smoke/CO detector malfunction

FYI -
We picked up hull #686 Nov 11th. About the third week, of course around 2:30 am, the CO/smoke detector started chirping 3 beats every minute or so.  The MaxFan was running and it was very foggy outside and about 45 degrees so, I figured it was “seeing” the fog or humidity.

Since then, the chirps are more frequent.  The manual is pretty plain - 3 chirps per minute means your unit needs replacing. But, it’s how could that be? It’s new?

I finally gave up and called First Alert.  A new one is in the mail!  Mine was a First Alert model SCO5RVA dated 6 months before our production date. 

I hope no one else goes through having to diagnose early AM alarms!

David and Vicky | Burns, TN | 2020 LEII #686 | 2017 Ford F-250 4x4 6.2L

• Moderators

We had the same thing last year.  I couldn’t get it to stop chirping so I just took it out and ordered a new one.  It was probably 5 years old so I should have expected that.  Less than a year is too soon!  Glad First Alert stepped up to replace it.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Our unit did the same thing after 4.5 years; we purchased a replacement unit and it says on the unit to replace in 5 years after placed in service.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93