Ready for next life phase, from California

JRK

Retired again, for last time, for real, I hope. Not going to be full-time trailer traveling, we will be taking long trips. Have stayed in Fort Wilderness twice - with a pop-up Coleman and one daughter, and a 24' 5th wheel and 3 daughters, so have towed before. And living in a 24' 5th wheel with 3 daughters, 18, 10 and 8, makes for an interesting trip. Placed an order for an Elite I that should be ready in March. Decided to splurge, and make it reasonably comfortable. Compromised between a larger trailer and a teardrop that will be towed with my 2014 Tacoma, for now anyway. Will see how the tow home to Camarillo, about 50 miles west and slightly north of Los Angeles, will be. Hope to make it a 2 week trip, making a few notes of what needs to be done. Have enjoyed the forum, learning about the Oliver.

• Like 6

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JRK said:

Retired again, for last time, for real, I hope.

Maybe the camper and trips will keep you busy enough to keep you out if the workforce. 🙂 It's been great for us. 

Planning trips and traveling is a lot more fun than running a business.  At least, for me. 🙂

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Be careful what you wish for - retirement is not as easy as some people think.  All the planning, all the trips, all the hikes, all the fishing, all the country to see, all the ........

But, someone's got to do it.  Welcome!

Bill

• Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"