New Bathroom Sink! (finally)

Overland

• Moderators

Merry Christmas! That looks amazing!

What tile did you use for the backsplashes?

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

18 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

What tile did you use for the backsplashes?

Smart tiles is the brand, but there are others.  I got mine from Home Depot, and they're available at Amazon and other places.  The color is Murano Metallic.  I thought this one was a little more subtle, but I was outvoted.  I added it to the kitchen as well, as you can see in the last photo.

Getting it to work on the curved bath wall is a bit tricky.  You can't really tell from the photo, but it's fudged to get it to look as straight as possible.  The top is straight, but not the bottom, but that's mostly covered by the sink and faucet so it isn't so noticeable.

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

• Moderators

First class job!

I too insulated all of the water pipes that I could reach and believe that it does make a difference.  Even if it doesn't, the expensive and amount of work involved in wrapping the water lines is very small and I believe that it helps protect those lines from vibrating so much while underway.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Wow, you should go into your own business customizing trailers.  Given the space constraints you had to work around, the plumbing is amazing to me.  The décor and final look are spectacular upgrades.  🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

• Moderators

Overland,  that bath remodel was well worth the wait for me and I’m sure y'all are happy with the results.  It is another example of your out of the box thinking.  Congratulations on a job well thought out and executed.

Now, about the bit of a spaceship vibe.  I looked at all of the pictures first because I couldn’t wait any longer to see what you had come up with and then went back and read the text.  The closet insulation and aluminum tape made me think of an old tv show, from 1965.

Lost in Space

Mossey

AC62D8A6-B138-4861-841C-8F70E2FC1FD8.thumb.jpeg.af8ea5eab518036b370b2d6536654fa2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Yes, those are acoustic panels that I installed with 3M VHB Velcro.  I think they help a little bit to deaden the space but not enough really to recommend the trouble and expense.  But as you said, they do break up the ceiling, which I think looks nice.

One of my wilder ideas for a modification is to install a full length floating "cloud" panel that sits off the ceiling two inches or so.  I'd cover it in acoustic material, add hidden perimeter strip lighting and let the gap around the edges be the vent for the AC and fan.  No one should count on that happening, of course, but it's an idea.  I do think it would look nice, and would also allow you to cut access holes into the ceiling for installing solar, etc.

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The Grohe valve is really beautiful.  Their starlight chrome is some of the best chrome finish I've seen. I  wish I'd used more of it in our house when we built it. Delta's chrome doesn't hold a candle to it, though it's pretty,  too. I'm a chrome finish fan. Timeless. 

• Thanks 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, jordanv said:

image.png.4afcd125a74ef88b97ef552cb430a068.png

Im curious about this addition? Is that something you made, or does the Elite II come with this?

Our 2020 Elite II does not have this.  The stove is also oriented differently so that the splash guard opens up to "protect" the bed from grease splashes.  This must be an older feature - or more likely something Overland added to make us all jealous.  🙂

• Like 1

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, jordanv said:

image.png.4afcd125a74ef88b97ef552cb430a068.png

Im curious about this addition? Is that something you made, or does the Elite II come with this?

He made it.  The Elite II does not come with this.  If you take the surface piece under the pantry, add some hinges and attach it to the side of the kitchen you’ve got it.  I think you can buy an extra one from Oliver.  I’ll leave the rest to Overland on his mod.  Mike

Edited by Mike and Carol
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Lol - yes, it's a mod, but actually a rather easy one.  Mike explained it pretty well - just add hinges to one of the pantry counters.  When we bought ours, Oliver gave you a choice for the cooktop orientation.  I may be wrong, but I think ours is the original orientation, then people started asking for it to be turned so that the glass acted as a barrier to the beds, and then eventually the option became the standard.  

Here's the original thread on it.  FWIW, it's easily one of my favorite mods.  That little bit of extra counter space makes a huge difference.

Edited by Overland
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Yep - Overland's cooktop orientation is/was the original and - probably - the safest in that one does not have to reach across a potentially lit burner in order to get something off the back burner.  A cheaper way to keep the bed from getting "splashed" is to get something like THIS.

However, while this splash guard can be moved around and even folded and put away in a drawer, it does not give the added counter space that Overland's mod gives.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"