New Bathroom Sink! (finally)

Overland

• Moderators

All the cooktops in the original Elite were oriented the other way. Probably still are, as it's the only way it fits. 

The extension is even more useful in the smaller kitchen of the Elite. Overland did a beautiful job.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Yep - Overland's cooktop orientation is/was the original and - probably - the safest in that one does not have to reach across a potentially lit burner in order to get something off the back burner.  A cheaper way to keep the bed from getting "splashed" is to get something like THIS.

However, while this splash guard can be moved around and even folded and put away in a drawer, it does not give the added counter space that Overland's mod gives.

Bill

Ours is oriented like Overland’s.  We thought about turning it long way but, like Bill says, if both burners are going you have to reach over a lit burner.

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

1884680007_sbplumb4.thumb.jpg.ef058946230e1c1a28a1f46fb4463344.jpg

I add my vote to the "nice job on the mod!" chorus. 

For those thinking of this mod for their Ollies, I will note that mixing PVC and ABS pipe is not allowed by most plumbing codes.  You are generally allowed only one PVC/ABS connection when retrofitting plumbing, and for that joint, you should use "green" glue, which is designed to weld PVC to ABS, not regular PVC or ABS glue.

Since it is doubtful that such mods will be seen by a plumbing inspector, and since none of the above PVC and ABS piping in under pressure, I expect there will be no issues.  But for any future mods, I would recommend matching whichever pipe Oliver used for the original, even if it has to be ordered online, and using the glue appropriate for that type of pipe.

• Thanks 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Thanks, and I agree on the PVC.  It was a debate when I was doing it (can't remember if it was here or with the guy at the Fergusons counter - possibly both), but ABS wasn't available and the advice I got was to not worry about it.  

And of course I had it inspected.  Electrical, too.  Promise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If ABS was not available at Ferguson Supply, you must be in the East somewhere.   I cannot explain the reasons, but it is my observation that PVC is used for drain/waste/vent plumbing in the East, while ABS is universally used for drain/waste/vent plumbing in the West.

I prefer ABS, not only because I am in the Western US, but because no primer is required.  I have heard that some plumbing inspectors will fail a PVC installation if purple primer is not visible at each joint.

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Yes, I'm in the east.  One of the guys at Ferguson here didn't even know what it was.  I assume that Oliver uses it because of some RVA requirement.  That, or it's just a preference of theirs for some reason.  It does seem more flexible, which may be the reason.  Ah, well, I always try to do my projects at least twice, so next time maybe I'll be patient enough to order the ABS.

Edited by Overland
  • Like 2