A little cold in Savannah, Ga.

Nan

Question:  It is going to be 25 degrees tonight and tomorrow night, but warming up to the 40's both days.  Do I need to winterize the Oliver?  Will just running a small heater be OK?  Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas!   Nan

• Moderators

You should be okay with the small heater.  Keep the bathroom door open.  If you have shore power, and if you have the hot water tank turn it on and the refrigerator.  All produce heat.  When it’s in the mid 20’s here I also lift the mattress and remove the cover that is over the water pump.  Merry Christmas!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thanks Mike!  I already have the mattress and the covers up.  I drained the water out of the trailer a couple of weeks ago and pulled the rod out of the hot water heater. It just never stays really cold in Savannah for long so I have never winterized the camper.  I do have power to the camper, but have always left the refrigerator off.  I will turn it on today.  Maybe after this knee replacement surgery I will FINALLY be able to go camping!!

• Moderators

We have similar weather here in San Antonio and I’ve never winterized. We usually camp in January and February so I keep everything ready to go!  I hope your knee heals and 2021 can be a great camping year!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Nan - 

Merry Christmas!

Just do the rehab on that knee and you will be camping in no time.  

Its a shame that your knee is giving you trouble - I remember walking the beach on a cold crisp day.  No one else but me and the waves and a few birds.  Beautiful!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"