Oliver Insurance

dewdev

I am soon to be a new owner to a Oliver (previously only had a pop-up trailers) and I have a insurance question to everyone.

When you insure your Oliver, is it just insurance from your automobile insurance company or do you need to buy insurance like homeowner insurance.

If it is like homeowner insurance, what are the major companies that handle this type of insurance (that are reasonable to work with).
Thanks

Richard

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators

Good on you to ask now. I bought our insurance on the phone, on the way to pick up our Oliver in 2008.

I figured I'd shop later. And I did. But we didn't fid anything better. For us.

Good sams allows us a discount for seasonal layup. SInce we are put of service four to six months most years, it helps.

Others will chime in . Its really not a big expense,  in the grand scheme of things. Just make sure you have the coverage you want.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We just went to our insurance agent and she shopped around for us.  The company we have for auto and homeowners doesn't write RV insurance so she searched for the best deal that she could find from another company.  We may not have gotten the best deal possible, but we got the coverage we wanted and, as SeaDawg said above, it's kind of a small expense after paying for the new tow vehicle and the Oliver.    

I just stayed with Geico, for now, anyway. They're easy to deal with, and got me a binder already for delivery day. I get tons of discounts from them because of multi-lines and long-term customer, whatever. May shop around later but I didn't think it was too bad for a brand-new Ollie, FT, etc.  I did get total replacement cost, made sure they will tow the trailer if that ever comes up, etc. YMMV.

• Like 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png