Hello from Colorado! Just got our new (to us) Elite II

tallmandan

Hello,

We are Dan and Theresa from Colorado.  Yesterday we brought home our new 2020 Elite II as second owners.  (Hull #627).  After a couple decades of camping with pop-up tent trailers, we have moved up...way up!  We first learned of Oliver just a few months ago as we started researching travel trailers and finding that we were dissapointed with the quality of pretty much everything we saw.   I started reading through the forums several weeks ago as we were considering this purchase.  There seems to be so much great information shared and a sense of family.  I'm sure I will have questions as I get some experience and start to ready the trailer for a trip and would sure appreciate the wisdom of this group!  

The weight and size of the Oliver meant we needed to upgrade our tow vehicle as well.  So --- we pulled the Ollie home with our brand new Silverado 1500 I6 Duramax and it was fantastic.  We are a little (Ha ha) lighter in the wallet now but excited for upcoming adventures as recent "empty nesters."  Already have reservations at Great Sand Dunes NP in Spring, Rocky Mountain NP in June and Mount Rusmore/Custer SP in Fall.  Looking to add more in-between.

Again, appreciate all the great info shared here!

Dan & Theresa

2020 Oliver Elite II, Hull 627,  2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3.0L I6 Duramax

• Like 9

2020 Elite II #627, 2021 Silverado 1500 3.0L Duramax, Colorado

Congratulations and welcome to the Oliver family! This fourm and Oliver University is a wonderful resource of information. 
Happy & Safe Travels,

Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Congratulations,  and welcome,, Dan and Theresa. What a way to start 2021! 

You've already chosen two great parks to explore. We'll look forward to hearing about your adventures.  Lots of folks here to answer any questions. 

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

tallmandan,

Welcome aboard and welcome to the Family.

Pictures are always welcome and don't be shy with the questions as you learn all about your new Oliver.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

@Mountainman198 Hello.  Appreciate that you decided not to buy #627 😊

We live in Parker.  After living 27 years in Washington State raising our family, we moved here in 2019 for a new job opportunity and a new chapter -- in the sunshine of Colorado.

Where do you live?  Have you placed your order for a new Oliver yet?

45 minutes ago, tallmandan said:

@Mountainman198 Hello.  Appreciate that you decided not to buy #627 😊

We live in Parker.  After living 27 years in Washington State raising our family, we moved here in 2019 for a new job opportunity and a new chapter -- in the sunshine of Colorado.

Where do you live?  Have you placed your order for a new Oliver yet?

I live in the foothills above Boulder.  There is a Elite II in Boulder and another near Bailey that I know of (likely a few more).  My order is in and I will join you all in ownership in September.

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

12 hours ago, Mountainman198 said:

I live in the foothills above Boulder.  There is a Elite II in Boulder and another near Bailey that I know of (likely a few more).  My order is in and I will join you all in ownership in September.

We will be joining you in Feb/March. We already have our Oliver. We are moving to Ft. Collins from Arkansas. We have grand kids in Lafayette outside of Boulder. Hoping for a eventual Oliver western rally. 

• Like 2

Bill Thomas 2019 Elite II Hull # 534

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500

Welcome to the family. Don't forget your own backyard - CO National Monument and Dinosaur NM are two of my most favorite spots, but you need to be comfortable boondocking. Both are best visited in the shoulder seasons.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Congratulations and a warm welcome from SW Oregon.  As others have mentioned, it is good to see the westward migration of Oliver Trailers!  They are few and far between here in the Pacific Northwest.

We traveled to Colorado last summer as part of our "Heritage Tour" when we visited locations where my grandparents lived.  I still have cousins in Penrose and Sargents; we actually located them (Penrose isn't a big place) after not having seen them in over 60 years.  Dad was born in Penrose and Grandpa spent most of his adult life there.  Colorado is a beautiful state; if it weren't for the fact that our children (and grandkids) are in Oregon, I would move to Colorado in a heartbeat . . . . . my husband, me and "Pearl" #699 (we picked her up December 7 - Pearl Harbor Day!

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

We'll be in Colorado next fall (October) and maybe we'll see you around.

Craig & Rose

Hull 505 - Galway Girl

Here's our Blog which features write-ups on NW Campgrounds, Some Maintenance Items and an Amazon Oliver Trailer Outfitters list...which includes comments on how the items work for Olivers.

https://4-ever-hitched.com/

• Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

On 1/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, Ray and Susan Huff said:

Congratulations and a warm welcome from SW Oregon.  As others have mentioned, it is good to see the westward migration of Oliver Trailers!  They are few and far between here in the Pacific Northwest.

We traveled to Colorado last summer as part of our "Heritage Tour" when we visited locations where my grandparents lived.  I still have cousins in Penrose and Sargents; we actually located them (Penrose isn't a big place) after not having seen them in over 60 years.  Dad was born in Penrose and Grandpa spent most of his adult life there.  Colorado is a beautiful state; if it weren't for the fact that our children (and grandkids) are in Oregon, I would move to Colorado in a heartbeat . . . . . my husband, me and "Pearl" #699 (we picked her up December 7 - Pearl Harbor Day!

@Ray and Susan Huff  I hear you.  Our kids are in 4 different states now and no grandkids yet.  We moved to Colorado in the summer of 2019 from Vancouver, WA.  I used to travel most all of Oregon on business.  Guessing you probably live in Medford or Grants Pass.  I used to fly fish on the Rogue River.  We enjoyed the PNW and it will always have a place in our hearts but we do love Colorado so far.  It’s not inexpensive and it seems crowded sometimes but the weather is truly great with tons of sunshine.  There is so much to do if you love outdoor adventure.  We were lucky to find hull 627 for sale here in CO and we are looking forward to exploring!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tallmandan said:

@Ray and Susan Huff  I hear you.  Our kids are in 4 different states now and no grandkids yet.  We moved to Colorado in the summer of 2019 from Vancouver, WA.  I used to travel most all of Oregon on business.  Guessing you probably live in Medford or Grants Pass.  I used to fly fish on the Rogue River.  We enjoyed the PNW and it will always have a place in our hearts but we do love Colorado so far.  It’s not inexpensive and it seems crowded sometimes but the weather is truly great with tons of sunshine.  There is so much to do if you love outdoor adventure.  We were lucky to find hull 627 for sale here in CO and we are looking forward to exploring!

Colorado is a much nicer place to live than Portland/Vancouver!  We are actually 50 miles west of Roseburg, just off of Hwy 42 and the Middle Fork of the Coquille River.  Lots of trees and far enough inland to be out of the fog belt.  My husband grew up here; me - I'm a transplant from California, but consider myself an Oregonian as I've live here since 1966.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Good Morning to All,

Just became an Ollie owner of a 2019 LE II, twin setup. Hull 471. It came from the south Florida area and was in great shape. Hope to get it on the road as soon as I get it setup.

I'm in the Florida panhandle.

Sputnik

• Like 1