Replacement rubber grommets for Dometic D21 Cooktop Grill

BBandJ

One of the small rubber feet supporting our Dometic D21 Drop-in Cooktop Grill needed replacing. I found an option online that works. It's not the exact size/design as the original, but it does the trick. Actually feels like a more durable rubber compared to the original. 

https://www.rubberfeetwarehouse.com/products/5-32-inside-diameter-rubber-grommet-fits-1-4-holes 

20210108_131942.jpg

20210108_131727.jpg

20210108_131704.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

spacer.png

• Moderators

Thanks. I'm missing a few, too!

Dometic,  if they have them, is far more expensive. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Before this, I've been using stickyback silicone bumpers for cabinet doors. They only last a few months.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks for the info, I ordered a bunch. A couple of mine have disappeared down under the grill top, does it lift up to gain access? 

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

In our 2008 , anything lost, is , well, lost. Unless you disassemble a lot of stuff.

I don't know about yours.

You are a long ways ahead of mine, #12 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

I don't know if ours has the same grommet; we have the new Dometic stove with the cast iron grate.  On the new stove there are 4 grommets, one at each corner, with holes where a pin on the corner of the grate fits in.  We were a couple of days out from Hohenwald when I discovered two of these were missing.  I called Oliver and they had some and sent them in the mail.

There are also smaller rubber bumpers that the glass cover rests on when closed.

10 hours ago, BBandJ said:

One of the small rubber feet supporting our Dometic D21 Drop-in Cooktop Grill needed replacing. I found an option online that works. It's not the exact size/design as the original, but it does the trick. Actually feels like a more durable rubber compared to the original. 

https://www.rubberfeetwarehouse.com/products/5-32-inside-diameter-rubber-grommet-fits-1-4-holes 

20210108_131942.jpg

20210108_131727.jpg

20210108_131704.jpg

Is this the new stove Oliver is installing now . . . . the one with the one piece cast iron grate that covers the entire cooktop?  Ours was missing two; Oliver sent new ones.

I think our Ace Hardware has the ones you mentioned.

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

On 1/8/2021 at 11:51 PM, Ray and Susan Huff said:

Is this the new stove Oliver is installing now

. . . . the one with the one piece cast iron grate that covers the entire cooktop? 

Yes, we have the one-piece cast iron grate. Our Oliver manual calls it the D21. The new grommet works with the hole and grate, same way as the original. 

• Thanks 1

spacer.png