Hitches

Dug Trench

Hi Fred, welcome. Maybe you should clarify, what year truck? Does it not already have a factory receiver?

Which Ollie did you buy? with either model you do not need an exotic receiver like that Quick and Easy one. A plain receiver and a simple dead weight ball mount works great with a HD truck and either Ollie.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thanks for the reply John. My truck is a 2010 Ford F-250 that had a DMI Quick and Easy Hitch already on it. And my understanding this hitch is used in the agriculture farm use more then any place else. It seems to be a good hitch.

I bought a 2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II.

Fred

OK, what are your concerns about the DMI receiver on your truck? I would expect it to be fine, it is overkill for your LE2, that is all. Is it intended to dampen banging and crashing while dragging equipment over rough terrain? I don’t know anything about it, but it does look interesting.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderator+

That hitch is fine. It is most certainly overkill for our "little" 6-7K pound trailers. That being said, if you already own it, then use it. I probably would not advise someone to purchase it for this use as I'm reasonably sure it is expensive. Certainly more so than a simpler hitch platform. I'm surprised that your Ford F-250 did not already have a hitch from the factory.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

On 1/10/2021 at 8:38 PM, John E Davies said:

OK, what are your concerns about the DMI receiver on your truck? I would expect it to be fine, it is overkill for your LE2, that is all. Is it intended to dampen banging and crashing while dragging equipment over rough terrain? I don’t know anything about it, but it does look interesting.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Thanks John,  I bought the truck off of a 84 year old farmer who only put 32,000 mile on it in the 10 years he owned it, he ordered it with this hitch but did not have the 2 inch square hitch tube with it it had a 1 inch shank with a pin hole in it for pinning farm trailers to it. I went ahead and ordered the 2 inch square tube for it and it will be installed next week. Thanks for your advice. Fred

On 1/10/2021 at 10:16 PM, ScubaRx said:

That hitch is fine. It is most certainly overkill for our "little" 6-7K pound trailers. That being said, if you already own it, then use it. I probably would not advise someone to purchase it for this use as I'm reasonably sure it is expensive. Certainly more so than a simpler hitch platform. I'm surprised that your Ford F-250 did not already have a hitch from the factory.

The hitch was a concern of mine when I asked about it but feel good about continue using it to pull the camper. Thanks for the word of confidence.

Fred

• Moderator+

After seeing your response to JD about how you acquired this hitch, I completely understand that you want to use it. This should be one hell of a hitch and is probably as strong or stronger than 95% of all the hitches pulling Oliver's. That thing will make pulling your new Oliver smooth as butter. Make sure you select a strong stinger (ball mount) and ball to go into it.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg