Confused Again.

Moonlight Mile

Here is a simple mod I made to hold my hitch when I park for any length  of time.  Better than having your shin whacked every time you walk by the rear of the truck and having it roll around in the truck bed. Pictured is a two inch rear bumper hitch for Rvs cost about $25.00 bolt on to the bottom of the storage basket. The lock is keyed to your Tv ignition key no need for extra keys. There are many uses and options you can use this hitch for. I plan on making a work cook table for the grill which will slide into the receiver. Or a seat to be able to work off the tailgate of the truck.

08186B2D-2810-413B-B1E0-43AF1D45191B.jpeg

6757D224-619F-403B-9E6C-6F7A0A7A0812.jpeg

• Like 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

25 minutes ago, Landrover said:

Here is a simple mod I made to hold my hitch when I park for any length  of time. 

6757D224-619F-403B-9E6C-6F7A0A7A0812.jpeg

That is really cool. But IMHO it is a “Steal Me” sign. You make it really easy for somebody to drive away with your trailer. Or just take the hitch.... . That kind of pin lock is very easily defeated with a portable power tool, or the tumblers picked.

OTH I sometimes put my Andersen (with the long Stone Stomper bars bolted to it) in the rear cargo basket with a Python cable lock through it. So maybe I should not be the one to cast stones. 🙄 But I absolutely can’t store it in the back of my Land Cruiser. If I had a pickup it would go in the bed, out of sight.

Will your hitch fit in a milk crate if the pins are removed?

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

3 hours ago, John E Davies said:

That is really cool. But IMHO it is a “Steal Me” sign. You make it really easy for somebody to drive away with your trailer. Or just take the hitch.... . That kind of pin lock is very easily defeated with a portable power tool, or the tumblers picked.

OTH I sometimes put my Andersen (with the long Stone Stomper bars bolted to it) in the rear cargo basket with a Python cable lock through it. So maybe I should not be the one to cast stones. 🙄 But I absolutely can’t store it in the back of my Land Cruiser. If I had a pickup it would go in the bed, out of sight.

John Davies

Spokane WA

When our locking bike rack isn't attached to the hitch, we remove the dual mount receiver and place it on the floorboards of the pickup. When we get a pickup bed tool box, I imagine it will reside there when not in use.

When unhooked from the TV for short periods of time, we don't worry about the receiver "disappearing".  We also carry a single drop hitch and ball (we have several!) if needed.  I suppose we will sometimes use the single hitch when the dual hitch isn't necessary (not carrying the bike rack).  We've yet to tow with the bike rack in place; maybe next week we'll give it a go.

1UP bike rack.jpg

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff
  • Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

40 minutes ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

We've yet to tow with the bike rack in place; maybe next week we'll give it a go.

That is pretty nifty. Did you find a dual receiver that doesn’t limit the tongue weight to 400 pounds? Or do you plan to just ignore the warning sticker? I don’t think your truck will notice, one way or the other. Will the doghouse collide with the rear bike when the trailer is jack-knifed?

This could never work on my truck because I have to have clearance to get in back.... but it would be excellent if it clears the Ollie and you have an open bed or a canopy with side access panels, like my dream Go Fast Camper.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

5 hours ago, John E Davies said:

John Davies

Spokane WA

John 

I get what your saying. But if someone wants to take the time with tumbler pick tools or power cut off tool they are on a mission to steal certain items  if they want it they will get it, I’ve said this on several posts Locks are a deterrent only. There are several ways  if it was me I’d simply unbolt the basket and take the whole  enchilada. 😳 You do the best you can and hope for the best.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

That is pretty nifty. Did you find a dual receiver that doesn’t limit the tongue weight to 400 pounds? Or do you plan to just ignore the warning sticker? I don’t think your truck will notice, one way or the other. Will the doghouse collide with the rear bike when the trailer is jack-knifed?

This could never work on my truck because I have to have clearance to get in back.... but it would be excellent if it clears the Ollie and you have an open bed or a canopy with side access panels, like my dream Go Fast Camper.

John Davies

Spokane WA

The hitch we purchased from etrailer is rated for 7,500# - 750# tongue weight.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch-Ball-Mount/Curt/D210.html

There is plenty of clearance for turning radius.  It doesn't look like it in the photo, but with this hitch the tailgate can be opened while the rack is in place and loaded with bikes.  The only problem is me getting into the pickup bed with the tailgate down . . . . but that is always a problem.  We carry a collapsible step stool for this, but usually it's easier to just use the bumper and climb over the tailgate.  A retracting step at one corner of the bumper would be nice.

I am so happy we found a solution for our 1up rack . . . . didn't want to give it up!

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

On 1/13/2021 at 2:20 AM, JRK said:

CT short

Thanks for the picture. I knew nothing about the Andersen, other than Oliver sales told me that I needed it. I said okay. I now know what I need, and don't need, when I pick up my Elite I in March. And have a better idea how to secure the trailer and hitch. 

Thank you very much.

SherMica, I had a similar question about what I was going to need - I am getting the Andersen for my Tacoma and Elite I. I now know that I don't need anything, other than the square thing that the thingy slides into - the receiver, the part that is mounted to the truck. Everything else will be provided by Oliver at delivery, it seems. We won't need to have a ball, or the insert - just the brake controller and seven pin plug. I couldn't ask that question the way you did, because I am a 66 year old male who is supposed to know stuff 🙂 I now understand why I was getting confused answers when I asked what insert height I needed to take with me. I don't take one.

JRK, thank YOU for the post. I think we are having parallel new owner new-to-towing-etc. experiences in a way; OTT definitely recommends the Andersen for the Elite 1. Opinions elsewhere vary, of course but as a newbie I sure got confused a lot (and expect I will again, lol) trying to understand sone stuff here.

It could be just the way we all express ourselves differently in writing, which is a given, nothing “wrong” there.  I am amazed that I went from thinking I had to buy and bring the “ball thingy” and the piece it is on, and measure a “drop?” AND buy/bring a coupler,” AND chocks and levelers, etc. and I’ve had the same  “ohhh, ok, now I get it” moments you had, to where NOW I get that *OTT* is providing the stuff you listed. Whew! Thank you for the confirmation. 

If OTT has a suggestion box, I may respectfully suggest they put a list or two up on the website with titles as simple as “Delivery Day: What You MUST Bring” and “Delivery Day: What You MAY Wish To Purchase Ahead of Time.” Like, the first list would have “chocks, leveling blocks.” (And perhaps helpful photos of what those look like or even an Amazon link.) The second list could have stuff like, “receiver pin lock thingy, Reese yellow coupler lock thing, chain with a keyed lock aka chock lock chain thingy,” etc. etc. With all the correct lingo of course! This is just a rough sketch “concept.” Heh.

Anyone buying an Oliver *luxury* TT certainly might want to know what they can do to deter theft, and what is *not* provided by OTT at delivery day, I mean, especially as a *newbie* (as I sure am!) to all this. 

Edited by SherMica
  • Like 2

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

On 1/11/2021 at 9:24 AM, SherMica said:

I am getting the 2021 Elite 1 (with the Anderson hitch). Already know opinions on the Anderson, so that's not why I am posting.

What I need, if anyone would be so kind as to help, is to know what I need to SECURE the trailer, hitch, etc. so that when I park (truck and trailer hitched together) and go walking or whatever, they are still together (as in "not stolen"), and also so that when I unhitch the truck and drive the truck somewhere leaving the trailer parked (at a site, etc.) no one can swipe the trailer. (I want to do the best I can to secure it all, basically, at least, for now. I will not be staying in "iffy" places. I am new, brand new. And having a helluva time understanding some of this.

I emailed my fabulous sales rep and I am still just confused (it's not the rep's fault!).

So can you guys take a look at this and help me understand in VERY simple YES OR NO answers, a couple quick things?

1. I bought this.

2. I bought this.

And I already had one of those round keyed locks one uses to lock a storage space in a self-storage facility.

3. Nice rep says I need this.

502075411_SilverThingWithKey.jpeg.bab2b3c0c140e78dc863c5d1898d7491.jpeg

4. Nice rep says I need this.

802161901_YellowThingwithKey.jpeg.dc690e68710a1f7b031f545ef555cfca.jpeg

DO I RETURN the two items I bought (#1 and #2 above), because Amazon WILL still let me as of now?

AND THEN INSTEAD get the two items shown in #3 and #4?

If YES, can someone give me a link to those two items on Amazon, as I don't know the brand, or what goes with my truck or the Andersen, etc. correctly.

Thanks!

Tow Vehicle is Class IV Receiver, if that matters.

If I remember correctly, our Oliver came with #3 . . . . . but I might not have been paying attention . . . . . "Squirrell!" 

We, too, have several of these locking hitch pins; the one I saw at delivery may have been one my husband pulled out of the tool box 😊

I do feel the need for some sort of coupler lock, for peace of mind.  Going off on a hike is not enjoyable if the entire hike you are wondering, "Will the Ollie be there when we return?"

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

8 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

If I remember correctly, our Oliver came with #3 . . . . . but I might not have been paying attention . . . . . "Squirrell!" 

We, too, have several of these locking hitch pins; the one I saw at delivery may have been one my husband pulled out of the tool box 😊

I do feel the need for some sort of coupler lock, for peace of mind.  Going off on a hike is not enjoyable if the entire hike you are wondering, "Will the Ollie be there when we return?"

Exactly. I don’t plan on staying in any “iffy” parks, but dang, a brand new Shiny Elite 1 sitting unhitched for hours and hours while I run errands (“domiciling” or having a root canal, whatever, with my Lab IN the Ollie going, “Huh, we seem to be moving, and SHE did not come into the trailer so I wonder just who is moving me?!”) is what I worry about. Yes it would take a bold thief indeed to defeat all anti-theft measures in broad daylight, but thieves are thieves and don’t operate as we do. I would hope that once “they” got the Ollie (long shot but this is a hypothetical), that, upon entering the Ollie after driving it off — with large displeased dog inside — they would “regret” their interaction with dog and my subsequent (legal) prosecution of their activity once apprehended. 

Edited by SherMica
  • Like 1

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

On 1/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, SherMica said:

“So, you’ve NEVER towed anything, have a new truck that can launch missiles, don’t understand your new truck’s features yet, and don’t know anything about hitches and couplers and receivers and locks. Well played!”

Don't feel too bad! My wife and I were in the same boat, we pick up our Elite II in March. This venture has been an education to say the least, especially in F150 towing packages / capabilities. Thanks to so many helpful members here we are now set and ready to pick up the trailer, just gotta grab up a couple items like locks and such.

Good luck on the pickup!

• Thanks 1

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull 762 | 2018 F150 3.5L Ecoboost V6 w/ Max Tow package

On 1/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, Ray and Susan Huff said:

The hitch we purchased from etrailer is rated for 7,500# - 750# tongue weight.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch-Ball-Mount/Curt/D210.html

There is plenty of clearance for turning radius.  It doesn't look like it in the photo, but with this hitch the tailgate can be opened while the rack is in place and loaded with bikes.  The only problem is me getting into the pickup bed with the tailgate down . . . . but that is always a problem.  We carry a collapsible step stool for this, but usually it's easier to just use the bumper and climb over the tailgate.  A retracting step at one corner of the bumper would be nice.

I am so happy we found a solution for our 1up rack . . . . didn't want to give it up!

If you need to get in the bed of your pickup and don't have the stool handy, just put one foot on the rear tire and swing your other leg over and you're in. I just ordered a 1up bike rack, now I need to order the ebike.

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

8 minutes ago, Commanche said:

If you need to get in the bed of your pickup and don't have the stool handy, just put one foot on the rear tire and swing your other leg over and you're in. I just ordered a 1up bike rack, now I need to order the ebike.

Thanks for the tip . . . . I've tried that  . . . . . 4wd is just too far from the ground and swinging my let over is a challenge for my 60+ year old legs!  Much easier with my collapsible stool.

You're going to love the 1up rack.  We've had ours several years.  It is so quick and easy to load/unload and nice that it folds up out of the way when not in use.  Only downside is that it is heavy to install it; best as a two person job. 

Is there still a long wait for them?  A few month ago they were backordered; another pandemic supply chain issue.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

On 1/14/2021 at 6:03 PM, SherMica said:

JRK, thank YOU for the post. I think we are having parallel new owner new-to-towing-etc. experiences in a way; OTT definitely recommends the Andersen for the Elite 1. Opinions elsewhere vary, of course but as a newbie I sure got confused a lot (and expect I will again, lol) trying to understand sone stuff here.

It could be just the way we all express ourselves differently in writing, which is a given, nothing “wrong” there.  I am amazed that I went from thinking I had to buy and bring the “ball thingy” and the piece it is on, and measure a “drop?” AND buy/bring a coupler,” AND chocks and levelers, etc. and I’ve had the same  “ohhh, ok, now I get it” moments you had, to where NOW I get that *OTT* is providing the stuff you listed. Whew! Thank you for the confirmation. 

If OTT has a suggestion box, I may respectfully suggest they put a list or two up on the website with titles as simple as “Delivery Day: What You MUST Bring” and “Delivery Day: What You MAY Wish To Purchase Ahead of Time.” Like, the first list would have “chocks, leveling blocks.” (And perhaps helpful photos of what those look like or even an Amazon link.) The second list could have stuff like, “receiver pin lock thingy, Reese yellow coupler lock thing, chain with a keyed lock aka chock lock chain thingy,” etc. etc. With all the correct lingo of course! This is just a rough sketch “concept.” Heh.

Anyone buying an Oliver *luxury* TT certainly might want to know what they can do to deter theft, and what is *not* provided by OTT at delivery day, I mean, especially as a *newbie* (as I sure am!) to all this. 

If you read the Oliver TT FAQ and scroll down through the page you will see what items you need to bring and what Oliver will provide. We also received a detailed list from our sales person well in advance of our delivery date. We did a lot of reading and research and asked questions on the forum which was extremely helpful.
I seriously doubt your going to see Oliver post Amazon links and or photos to suggested locks & chocks and the mountain of other things you can purchase off Amazon. This forum and Oliver University is a very good resource of information and a great way for you to learn and decide what items will work for you. Continue to read and do your research and you will be much better off than someone handing you a list. If you put the time in and work on a comprehensive list you will reap the rewards later. This approach has served us well as fairly new owners.

A salute to Oliver for providing a mountain of information readily available for its owners and future owners. 👍🏻🇺🇸

here-

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/frequently-asked-questions/

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 1/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, SherMica said:

All: some day I will look back on all this and laugh. I am already laughing at myself. Need a clue bat upside the head, I do. They probably sell clue bats on Amazon. Heh.

I drive to pickup the Elite one in 10 days. The OTT people will be laughing too, I’m sure. “So, you’ve NEVER towed anything, have a new truck that can launch missiles, don’t understand your new truck’s features yet, and don’t know anything about hitches and couplers and receivers and locks. Well played!” Haha

SherMica, 

On your pick-up day, ask whoever gives you your walk thru if you can use their parking lot after your orientation to Maneuver, Backup, Make Turns, just to get a feel on how your entire package handles, especially stopping.  Maybe ask them for a "Backing up lesson...with you as driver", just make sure your copilot is okay with a stranger in the cab with you...

If you have never towed anything before, just take your time when you drive (i.e. no DRIVING FASTER than you can react) have your eyes sweep Straight ahead, Left & Right.  And if no Topper on the TV, then you can have that view also.

As I remember, the roads from Hohenwald to DCSP are not High Speed Interstate Rated. They are somewhat windy and meandering, so you can drive 35-55 or slower.  Make sure you stay on your side of the yellow lines, and at the same time make sure you do not slip off the passenger side of the road.  [When we are born, we cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, it is a learned process; I gave up gum years ago and my walking/driving has not suffered from it…] 

THE BEST THING I LIKE ABOUT TOWING AN OLIVER IS IT IS NOT WIDER THAN MY TOW VEHICLE, so I can see if the ZOMBIES are trying to get in that side access door I forgot to check/lock before I took off.  I believe your "Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4" is about 82" wide, not sure if that includes the mirrors or not.  I believe the LE I is 78" in width, so you should be able to see both sides of #731 (to be named later...) with a quick glance in each mirror.

When making Right-Left turns, drive slow and do not cut them too tight.  Practice your turning in the OTT Parking lot to get a feel for space/distance whilst looking in your mirrors.  In addition, remember, you only get points for CURBIES when skateboarding…

Concerning theft of your Vehicle or #731... Sometimes bad stuff happens to nice people thru no fault of their own.  It is just stuff, as mentioned by others, and that is what insurance is for.  Be SMART, Be AWARE, Be MINDFUL, but do not Be AFRAID.  If you are going to live in fear of theft, then maybe, we should have had the "is this really for me" discussion months ago. 

Finally, “Stuff”, we went thru checklists of others, and made our own, bought some “stuff” before, and some additional “Stuff” after we picked up.  I did order some “Stuff” we ended up not needing/using, but we did okay (Wifey was in charge of the “Stuff” list).  Purchases of “Stuff” were minimal on the 3-week camping trip home, I believe we looked at “Stuff” at a Camping World, but no purchases.  Christmas was a completely different story, Santa has a Workman’s Comp Claim against us for all the “STUFF” he brought us, but hey, we were home.  And Wifey does not know it yet, but she is going to get a bunch more “STUFF” for Valentine’s Day…  The best gift of all was a replacement set of those “Black Hard Rubber Chocks” I drove over and away from at a camp in AL.  At the time, I thought our camping neighbors were being rude by laughing at us as we were driving away.  Which reminds me, there is a “Towing Checklist” for when you are preparing to get underway, it does not hurt to review that each time.  It is cheaper than replacing damaged or left behind “Stuff”.

Enjoy the Adventure,  Bryan (and Maggie),

Edited by SNY SD UP
Salutation
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

15 hours ago, Patriot said:

If you read the Oliver TT FAQ and scroll down through the page you will see what items you need to bring and what Oliver will provide. We also received a detailed list from our sales person well in advance of our delivery date. We did a lot of reading and research and asked questions on the forum which was extremely helpful.
I seriously doubt your going to see Oliver post Amazon links and or photos to suggested locks & chocks and the mountain of other things you can purchase off Amazon. This forum and Oliver University is a very good resource of information and a great way for you to learn and decide what items will work for you. Continue to read and do your research and you will be much better off than someone handing you a list. If you put the time in and work on a comprehensive list you will reap the rewards later. This approach has served us well as fairly new owners.

A salute to Oliver for providing a mountain of information readily available for its owners and future owners. 👍🏻🇺🇸

here-

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/frequently-asked-questions/

No list from rep but me asking qs in email and here. Shrug. Thanks!

• Like 1

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

18 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

On your pick-up day, ask whoever gives you your walk thru if you can use their parking lot after your orientation to Maneuver, Backup, Make Turns, just to get a feel on how your entire package handles, especially stopping. 

Great advice. A friend who  has towed trailers since she was a late teen gave me a few lessons and the first thing we did once we had gone through the  basic of hitching and hooking up and adjusting  the  brake controller  and avoiding colliding with median strips on left turns on our way to  the parking lot was "going straight back" a long ways across the empty parking lot we used. She stressed that this was a) harder  than  it might seem and b) an essential foundational skill that  would help with turning back into sites etc. The way she put it was that being  able to "find center" while backing would be used in all those other  maneuvers. She also stressed that  it takes at least a few months to really get the hang of backing up trailers.  

Edited by Jim_Oker
  • Like 2

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

I found these videos somewhat helpful - they are focused on the Elite II, but the generic information is good. What to expect at delivery answers some of the questions.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/videos/

The University location has some info up to 2020 trailers, but not for the 2021, yet. However, the 2020 info should be mostly applicable to the 2021 models.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/oliver-university/

SherMica - when is your delivery date?

I would like comment from others on my perceptions of where to buy stuff. I do not normally like WalMart, for now dumb reasons, but they used to have a great RV equipment supply area. Usual reasonable WalMart prices. Everything from water filters, grounding adapter plugs, fake grass floor mats for under the awning. Camping World of course has stuff, but they tend to be higher priced - but you know that you will probably find stuff there. Harbor Freight will have some items. You can get a basic tool kit there, if you need one. They have varying levels of tools. I use them for tools that I use in the field that I may lose or forget. Their bags and cases (like Pelican) are pretty inexpensive and durable. Tractor Supply, one of my favorite stores, has a trailer supply section (not RV specific), and my favorite clothing store, Cabela's/Bass Pro Shops has an RV section. 

Keep a notepad nearby as you drive and sit about the campground. Make a list of what you think about that you wish you had, or actually need. I have accepted that I forget stuff, so keep notes. I learned that many years ago from fiction writers who keep a notepad on their nightstand to remember brilliant ideas when they wake. 

John

• Like 2

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

• Moderators

I think Oliver should add something like this to the list of things to bring. Or add it to the starter kit. Rv parks are somewhat notorious for poorly or incorrectly wired electrical posts.

These are available everywhere, if you don't own one already. Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, etc., etc., 

Screenshot_20210118-195043_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderator+

If you don’t already own one, buy and LEARN TO USE a good multimeter. Don’t leave home without it. 

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderator+

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderator+
On 1/13/2021 at 8:58 AM, Landrover said:

Better than having your shin whacked every time you walk by the rear of the truck...

I have massive Curt Hitches on either end of our Silverado.

Front = 45900

Rear = 45902

My philosophy on shins vs ball mounts:

First time...Inevitable

Second time...Crap!

Third time...You're just not paying attention

Fourth time...Really? No, Really? As Jeff Foxworthy says, you may not be smart enough.........

Moonlight Mile sold her trailer not long after she took delivery (this thread is over a year old).  She had many issues with the trailer and her initial camping experiences, some self inflicted, some not.  Made for some interesting reading and lessons learned. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Frank C said:

Moonlight Mile sold her trailer not long after she took delivery (this thread is over a year old).  She had many issues with the trailer and her initial camping experiences, some self inflicted, some not.  Made for some interesting reading and lessons learned. 

She did have a number of issues, the ones that were not of her doing were actually easily addressed.  We camped with her at a state park over by Houston and stopped by her trailer and had a nice discussion.  Very interesting person, she certainly prompted a lot of conversations here.  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

24 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

She did have a number of issues, the ones that were not of her doing were actually easily addressed. 

I am not at all afraid to say this, I do not believe for a second that “everybody can learn how”; there are a few people who are just not cut out to “fly solo” with a brand new Ollie. There have been several members who had horrible problems adapting, essentially panicked, and they sold their trailers not long after. It is ALWAYS prudent to learn to tow, hitch and unhitch, and back a trailer, and rent a travel trailer for a week or two, to see if you are one of these (very few) scatterbrained “RV Handicapped Persons”….😬 before you commit to such a serious financial and emotional investment.

Do NOT schedule delivery in the dead of winter if you are an RV newbie!! Frigid temps make adapting so very much harder!

I hope I haven’t offended anyone. If so, I apologise.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 4