Confused Again.

Moonlight Mile

• Moderators

Her experience was one of the most sad that I can remember, here. Much was indeed her "responsibility" but most of it was a poor hand dealt to her by life, and her (hopefully) temporary inability to overcome.

She ordered an elite, sight unseen, after being unable to order an Airstream.   (Several of us recommended against.) In her rush to close out her previous life,with a number of sad events, pretty much leaving her just alone with her and her dog, she couldn't or wouldn't find the time to learn from Oliver University. She was totally inexperienced  as an rver,  plus a brand new truck.. She was insistent that the rv lifestyle, fulltime, was the solution to her problems.  It wasn't. Sadly.

She picked up in a bad winter storm time. Did not leave a time cushion to return to Oliver for minor issues. And did not, and didn't learn or test many systems. One of  our very kind  members  who lived close by even went to Davy Crockett for a day and night to help, but I think exhaustion and personal issues kept her from taking full advantage.  I think she was just having a very rough time with life, in general. A new life change compounded everything. 

Most of us are very lucky to have the support of the forum, support from Oliver, our spouses or partners, and family. She had just us, on the forum, (and some of us, via text, and also Oliver factory) and for whatever reason didn't feel able or willing  to take full advantage.  

I'm definitely not being critical .

I know how devastated my brother was after his divorce, then losing our dad, my brother's bff. Life is not always what we plan, and we all react differently to letdown, life changes, and adversity. Time heals many pains, but not all.

I truly hope she's sorted things out, and that life is better for her, now. I wish her well. In a happier time and place in her life, maybe she could have learned more, and enjoyed more.

• Like 5

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I think most people can learn the skills, but I'm certainly not offended.  You do have to want to,  or be able,  learn, @John E Davies.

I've thought about this a number of times. I have a number of friends (men and women) who single hand boats and rvs. 

As for me, I don't think I'd want to. Or,maybe  I'd get a van camper. Gift the Ollie and boats  to our daughter, if I'm the survivor. 

But, that's after decades of camping with my husband.  I just don't think I could repeat the experience,  without him. It wouldn't be the same, for me. Probably different if it were  a new adventure. There are just too many memories,  after all these years, for me to want to camp the same way, in the same camper,  without him. Might be different for him, and I actually hope so. 

I'm just hoping we have another decade or two together, to enjoy our toys.

• Like 5

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.