GO FOR IT! TALK ME OUT OF A COMPARABLE AIRSTREAM. 😉

Voyager

Its also become rather clear to me (although its completely unclear from their current Worksheet), just what costs are likely to be incurred in the way of solar, battery and inverter options?

Excluding the outlandish and largely unnecessary Lithium Battery option, the other battery charges listed there are not insignificant by any means (i.e., $500-$2,500).

"Lagun" table, etc.? More research is obviously necessary. 

O.K., never mind my earlier post. My bad. I get it now! If you opt for the Solar Pro Package ($5k) you get the 340 watt solar panels, the controller, the four 6V AGM batteries, and the 2000 watt inverter included. Cool!

However, I remain a bit confused about what a Lagun table is?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Its also become rather clear to me (although its completely unclear from their current Worksheet), just what costs are likely to be incurred in the way of solar, battery and inverter options?

It sounds like you are just starting your research on an Oliver purchase, price seems to be your major concern and discussion point.  You might also go over to AirForums and ask the same questions there that you are asking here to get a perspective on Airstreams since that is the standard you are using.  

There are less expensive fiberglass options if that would be more palatable.  There are also some other manufacturers that are making some nice trailers that would be less expensive than a fully loaded Oliver.  Check out Nucamp and InTerra.

23 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Excluding the outlandish and largely unnecessary Lithium Battery option, the other battery charges listed there are not insignificant by any means (i.e., $500-$2,500).

I just replaced my four old AGM batteries with two Battle Born Lithium’s as are other Oliver owners. After looking at practicality and running the lifecycle numbers the lithium batteries were the best option.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

25 minutes ago, Voyager said:

However, I remain a bit confused about what a Lagun table is?

It's an adjustable table - you can check out the website here:

https://www.lagunusa.com

I think that Oliver will still only do one with the king bed arrangement, but you can also do one in a twin bed model but as a DIY -

AFB5659F-E194-443D-A4BC-245D820C2856.jpeg

Edited by Overland

As others have said, once you submit your $2,500 initial deposit you lock in 2021 pricing (assuming you get a 2021 slot) so if you are serious, hurry and save yourself $5,000. Contact your sales rep and get that deposit in. No need to finalize options at this time. That will come later and based on 2021 pricing if you get your order in as a 2021

• Like 1

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

I can see the $$$ adding up fast - If I were to purchase my 2018, in 2021, and add the tax - I'm over $80K.... And I would not be an Oliver owner. (we are barely in 2021) So you now wait almost a year for delivery???   A travel trailer - no matter how good - is not worth that to me - I strained (mentally) at what I paid in 2018. Add a nice TV - and your talking real money. 

I would be building my own Earth roamer. 

Seems I'm keeping mine - but any sale will reflect the new values. Rejoice Oliver owners - we made some portion of $5k this year - were you to sell. 

Whew - gold in them thar Oliver's!!!

As a side note - how interesting  - this thread morphed from there to here and around - the deer in my fields - big - small, pretty - ugly - smart, stupid, are selectively added to my freezer. They eat my vegetables - they pay the price.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

O.K., so, reviewing the pricing and the optional feature worksheet, it becomes rather apparent that the base price LE2 (entry level 2022 model), with no more than the Solar Pro Package (+$5,000), would come in at $67,500.

And so, I stand by what I've repeatedly said here earlier . . .  I may have been a bit high at $80,000, but in fairness, for a reasonably (or essentially minimally) equipped LE2, we're easily looking at $70-$75,000.

Keeping in mind the following:

#1) Base price (2022) = $62,500

#2) Solar Pro Package = $5,000+

#3) Twin bed floor plan = $1,600+

#4) Convection microwave = $500+

-------------------------------------------------------

Sum Total: $70,000 +/- 

Our 2021 Elite II Twin configuration:

Upgraded mattresses

Ultrafabric dinette cushions

Fiber granite counters (Midnight Decor)

Lithium Pro Pkg

Cellular Booster

30 amp convenience connection

Basement hatch at base of nightstand (for laundry chute)

Hypervent pads on beds

30# propane tanks

Metallic pinstripe graphics

Water heater, toilet and awning are all standard.

Though it had no effect on price, we opted for the galley storage cabinet in lieu of the microwave and black cabinet doors.

No TV antenna or satellite receiver, LP quick connects, rear camera, wifi booster, keyless door latch, weight distribution hitch, rear bumper receiver, storage basket, lagun table, auto drain valve or shower track

Base Price: $57,500

With options: $71,960

Oh, and we ordered ours in White, no extra charge 😇

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Overland said:

It's an adjustable table - you can check out the website here:

https://www.lagunusa.com

I think that Oliver will still only do one with the king bed arrangement, but you can also do one in a twin bed model but as a DIY -

AFB5659F-E194-443D-A4BC-245D820C2856.jpeg

For 2021, you can get the lagun table in the twin bed floorplan but you can't also have the basement access door.  The picture above is a mod where you can add the lagun mount to one of the beds and still have the basement door in the nightstand.  I don't think this is offered by Oliver.  Know that if you add the lagun table, it will somewhat restrict access to the nightstand drawer.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Just now, Ray and Susan Huff said:

For 2021, you can get the lagun table in the twin bed floorplan but you can't also have the basement access door.  The picture above is a mod where you can add the lagun mount to one of the beds and still have the basement door in the nightstand.  I don't think this is offered by Oliver.  Know that if you add the lagun table, it will somewhat restrict access to the nightstand drawer.

Easy to add later if you decide you want it, but know that the lagun table is not cheap - just for the hardware alone.

Ray and Susan Huff

16 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

Our 2021 Elite II Twin configuration:

Upgraded mattresses

Ultrafabric dinette cushions

Fiber granite counters (Midnight Decor)

Lithium Pro Pkg

Cellular Booster

30 amp convenience connection

Basement hatch at base of nightstand (for laundry chute)

Hypervent pads on beds

30# propane tanks

Metallic pinstripe graphics

Water heater, toilet and awning are all standard.

Though it had no effect on price, we opted for the galley storage cabinet in lieu of the microwave and black cabinet doors.

No TV antenna or satellite receiver, LP quick connects, rear camera, wifi booster, keyless door latch, weight distribution hitch, rear bumper receiver, storage basket, lagun table, auto drain valve or shower track

Base Price: $57,500

With options: $71,960

Oh, and we ordered ours in White, no extra charge 😇

Well, I had to go back to the BOS to remember what we paid - what my wife had written on the file was incorrect - my bad.

2018 twin bed EII base (with couch cushions)  = $54,100  ---  2022  = $62500 ??

Options = $11,792 - Solar, AGM's, inverter, 30LB, access door, Truma, Natures head ,fiber granite, quick disconnects, sto basket, shower track, easy start, omni antenna, elec door lock. and rear rack assembly (self installed)

$call it $66k pre tax.

Some what mixed apples to oranges if 2022 includes some options that are now standard - 

Base to base -+ $8400 for the comparison.

I was off a bit - 😬😬😬

Edited by BackofBeyond
correction
  • Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Russell,

Thanks for the update and no worries. Safe to say, the overall equation for a 2022 doesn't really change by much. Those same options, at today's pricing, on a 2022, would put me very near or over the $80k mark, and that just is, what it is.

As for the options for 2022, their cost(s), and which if any might become "standard", I want to be clear here that the factory didn't indicate any of the options on their current list as becoming standard for 2022. You'll still pay for every one of them. The only real change mentioned was the sealed axle bearings (which will be standard), and the newly consolidated WiFi/4G cell booster unit (which will still have an added price).

Anyway, thanks again.

Edited by Voyager
  • Like 1

All I can add is this:  A good and trusted friend of mine owns an RV repair and service business and has been doing it for  many, many years.  When I came to him asking about our first purchase, I explained and showed him the literature on the Olivers.  

He was in fact at the time working on an Airstream.  He HATES them.  He said that the beauty of an Airstream is "skin deep" and even that's questionable.  He showed me the interior of the walls construction which was abysmal.

When I finally took delivery of our Oliver, I had him come over and inspect it and to say he was impressed is an understatement.  He crawled all over it and took pictures stating what a "serious" trailer the Oliver is.  Even the battery tray surprised him how good it was laid out.

Having a guy who works on all manner of RVs tell me that he's never seen anything that compares to what he saw in our Oliver is quite a testament. 

• Like 8

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

36 minutes ago, Landrover said:

Wonder what would happen if these posts went on the airstream forum.

A lot of used Airstreams on the market?

I kid. Airstreams are great, but different. They offer a classic style, comfort, great finishes, larger size, and floor plan options. I’d be proud to own one.

An Oliver, on the other hand, offers a style and comfort of its own; but more importantly, it offers practicality. It was our choice, and we’re just as proud.  It’s up to each buyer to decide which one meets her or his wants and needs the best.

Frankly, it’s pretty amazing that a little startup from Hohenwald, TN is even given consideration as an equal to an absolute giant like Airstream.  I suppose they must be doing something right.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Overland said:

Oliver, on the other hand, offers a style and comfort of its own; but more importantly, it offers practicality. It was our choice, and we’re just as proud.  It’s up to each buyer to decide which one meets her or his wants and needs the best.

Frankly, it’s pretty amazing that a little startup from Hohenwald, TN is even given consideration as an equal to an absolute giant like Airstream.  I suppose they must be doing something right.

I'm with you, there.

13 seasons in, still happy with our choice. 

Looking forward to the next decade of camping.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I just finished reading all these posts.
All I have to say in response is that I am so very, very happy we made our $2,500 down payment back in September!
Our LE II is scheduled for delivery on May 17. So thankful I found Oliver TTs before pulling the trigger on the Airstream with which I was temporarily & insanely enamored.
I would have been devastated to discover Oliver AFTER buying an Airstream!

• Like 8

2021 Legacy Elite II  Twin Beds   "R-Villa" ~ Hull #803 

2021 GMC Denali HD, 6.6 L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, 10-speed Allison

ALARILINIAKYMNMSMOMTOHSDTNWIWYsm.jpg

On 1/12/2021 at 9:05 PM, Mountainman198 said:

I feel your pain. Airstream was one of the trailers I was considering before I placed my order for a LEII.  I am 6’6” tall and it was important for me to be able to stand upright in a new trailer so there were only a few makes and models that both appealed to me and which met that criteria. Next I wanted something that had ground clearance and double axles. Next it was important to be able to be able to take it boondocking on moderate dirt roads without damage to the undercarriage. Following was the importance of a four season hull. Oh, did I mention I live where hail is not uncommon?

for my needs and many others on this forum the ollie fits well within our ways of using a travel trailer.  It is a tool, nothing more.

I liked the feeling of being inside the airstreams but knew that how I planned to use my trailer would end up trashing it in a few years (hail, branches, low hanging cleanouts, low ground clearance and wood floors) so I went with the Ollie. I also did not find an Airstream model that met the above criteria and was less than 24’ as measured from ball to bumper, since several of the campsites I frequent have these size limits. 

for me it helped that I have a trailer now that I was able to take to many of the places my new LEII will go in the future in order to learn firsthand what will work and what won’t.

Have you made a list of your must haves (deal breakers) and wants in a new trailer and been able to test them out on the road, going to the places you would take either your new Airstream or Oliver?  If not, maybe a “lesser” (cheaper) trailer than the Airstream or Oliver could be a relatively inexpensive first purchase and experience?

as an aside, the wet bath isn’t a turnoff even with my height, as a dry bath (while nice) is not a must have above the items in my list above.

A turning point for me was a visit to the sales office in TN and several hours spent inside a LEII talking to their sales manager. If you can make this happen it may serve to point you towards or away from an Oliver as your next trailer.  Also suggest a factory tour of both Oliver and the Airstream plants. 

Best wishes in your search. 

At 6'7" I resemble that remark, and we Love our LEII and all that it has to offer us.

• Like 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg