New From Indiana

Drc

Hello. I currently own a 2020 TAB 400 Boondock which I would like to sell this coming June and trade up to the Oliver Elite.  I previously owned a Casita so I'm sold on the fiberglass construction. For now I'm just monitoring the forum to get tips on buying, etc.  

• Moderator+

Are you looking for a used or new trailer?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

I don't really think there are too many "tips on buying" that you probably don't already know.  Since you have already owned a Casita, you are aware of how this type of camper holds its value and how they tend to stay solid as long as they have had even minimal care.  And, with the aluminum frame of the Oliver, worries of rusting are virtually eliminated.  So, if you are truly interested all you have to do is decide which model is to your liking and then be prepared to write the check quickly.

Good luck!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

You will soon come to find - there are few on the second hand market- new are 10 -11 months out. 

Figure out what you want from the Oliver offerings - if anything - and perhaps a used one will pop up that fits your desire - and snap it up. 

If there would have been any pre owned available when we purchased ours from Oliver - I would have seriously considered one. But - like Hens teeth - pretty scarce.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

The smaller Elite is more of a rare sighting in the used market, because there are far fewer of them.

We have certainly enjoyed ours for the past 13 years. Great boondocking choice.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I'm curious about your Tab 400 boondock, which is actually a pretty cool trailer.

Did you have the Alde heat system? The Dometc coolcat ac? How did/do you like them, if so?

Also, I've always wondered about the pullman/drop down sink in the bathroom. Was it great, or a bother?

I've always thought the alde heat system would be a great addition.  Nucamp kind of moved ahead on that front.

Edited by SeaDawg
Typo

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Also, I've always wondered about the pullman/drop down sink in the bathroom. Was it great, or a bother?

We looked at the Tab 400 when they came out.  The main issue we had was the bath and the fold down sink.  Would be interested in how it worked out for you...  We liked the dinette and kitchen and the big bed with skylight!

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Not sure if this reply goes to all who contacted me but here is my response. I'd consider a used Elite depending on how it is configured but by all accounts, they are rarely on the market. I did have the Alde heat system which is brilliant. I do not have the Coolcat AC but something they call the Aire8 AC. Folks are curious about the fold down sink in the bathroom. To be honest, I rarely use the bathroom, especially the sink. It drains water ok and I don't see any problem with it. The TAB does have a "cool" factor but I just haven't enjoyed it as much as I thought I would. Having said that, there's nothing I would say against it. I guess tastes can change. Truth is, I have always wanted an Oliver but its no mystery that you have to pony up the big bucks to get one. I might be about ready. Thanks for all the comments. if I don't return comments in the future don't take it personally please. This forum business can get time consuming in a hurry. As a retired professor, I try to minimize my online time if I can :). 

• Like 1