Potential fire hazard - not an equipment issue, but candles

JRK

As a retired firefighter, and fire origin and cause investigator for more than 40 years, I am somewhat paranoid as to what can cause fires. Candle fires have paid for my Oliver - they can cause fires. For insurance companies,  I have investigated many fires caused by candles, for which I have been paid well. A candle has been recalled,  https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2021/ADCO-Recalls-Candles-Due-to-Fire-and-Burn-Hazards-Sold-Exclusively-at-Dollar-Tree that can cause a fire. Remember to be fire safe. This candle, and many like it, can get too hot which can cause the glass container to break. When the container breaks, the wax melts, which can cause nearby combustible material to ignite and cause the room (or trailer) to burn and hurt people. Just making sure our Oliver family is aware, and are safe. Most RV fires and personal injuries have been caused by failures in the refrigerator, mostly cured by newer refrigerators - propane refrigerators. The Oliver trailers do not have such refrigerators, that cause fires. Just what items that we might put in our Oliver, or how we use them. I have daughters who like to burn candles, and so do I. Make sure yours are safe. Also be safe with portable heaters. 

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

• Moderators

Thank you for your words of caution.  Your warning based on your job experiences are certainly more valuable than the information on the package the candle came in.  Sometimes, all we need is a reminder.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”