Retracting the Visio TV

I did a quick search and don't see this subject covered.  It's another thing I neglected to ask during our walk-through:

How do you get the center mounted television in the 2021 Elite II Twin to swing down?  I can't seem to find any information in the manuals and no sign of a catch or button to release it.  I tugged a little, but was afraid I might break something.

I'm hoping there is someone here who asked this question and can help me.  It would be embarrassing to call Oliver to ask 😳

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

When I was in Hohenwald after my tour, I was by myself in their LE II on the sales lot. I had the same problem; I could NOT get that TV down!  
Later I was informed to push UP on the back of the TV to release it. 
Glad to know I’m not alone...

• Thanks 1

2021 Legacy Elite II  Twin Beds   "R-Villa" ~ Hull #803 

2021 GMC Denali HD, 6.6 L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, 10-speed Allison

ALARILINIAKYMNMSMOMTOHSDTNWIWYsm.jpg

4 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

I did a quick search and don't see this subject covered.  It's another thing I neglected to ask during our walk-through:

How do you get the center mounted television in the 2021 Elite II Twin to swing down?  I can't seem to find any information in the manuals and no sign of a catch or button to release it.  I tugged a little, but was afraid I might break something.

I'm hoping there is someone here who asked this question and can help me.  It would be embarrassing to call Oliver to ask 😳

That means you didn't watch TV at all on your week+ journey home from Hohenwald?  Bravo!!!  👍

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

• Moderators

Susan, is the TV a Visio now? Is it still 12v, or must you use the inverter or shore power to watch tv?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

9 hours ago, NCeagle said:

That means you didn't watch TV at all on your week+ journey home from Hohenwald?  Bravo!!!  👍

Nope . . . . we actually ordered our Ollie without the omni-directional antenna (in case we want to add another solar panel).  We really don't watch TV while traveling, except for a DVD when the weather forces us inside.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

3 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Susan, is the TV a Visio now? Is it still 12v, or must you use the inverter or shore power to watch tv?

120v so shore power or inverter.  Model D24H-G2 Smart TV, 24" and not HD (720p). Specs indicate 45W draw; <0.5 on standby.  It plugs into an outlet in the attic, so you can unplug it to eliminate parasitic draw.  There is a USB port for thumb drive (to view pictures) and a stereo jack for headphones.  Specs say it has 2 HDMI inputs, but there's only 1 shown in the manual (on the back panel); perhaps the other is connected to the Furrion entertainment system (not Blu-ray).  It also has basic manual controls - Power, volume, input - on the back (should you lose your remote or it dies).  And wireless connectivity, but no Ethernet plug, so you can stream video.

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff
additional info
  • Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

12 hours ago, IL_Travelers said:

When I was in Hohenwald after my tour, I was by myself in their LE II on the sales lot. I had the same problem; I could NOT get that TV down!  
Later I was informed to push UP on the back of the TV to release it. 
Glad to know I’m not alone...

Thanks for the tip!  I only wish the mount swiveled, but it doesn't

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Hi,

We just got back from a trip to FL and I am not sure you ever got an answer. If you didn't and it is still and issue, the way you lower the TV on th3 2020 is to push up on the TV a bit, then it will lower.  

image.jpeg.09f40a09983d95bd862eb789e3430148.jpeg

2019 Ram 1500 5.7L V8, 3.92 axle ratio - 2020 LEll - Hull676