How to Remove 2017 Dometic Penguin II Interior Cover

Bobfirst

• Moderators

I know the bolt in the red circle holds down the roof unit.  I think, because I don’t remember, the screw in the green circle holds the control portion of the inside cover in place.  To remove 90% of the inside cover, open the curb and street side vents completely and 2 screws will be visible in each opening.  Now that you know where to look, open the front and rear vents completely and look on the hinge side of the opening and you should see 2 screws in each opening, but they are much harder to see.  Use a long #2 Phillips screwdriver with a round barrel because you will be rubbing on plastic and a square barrel will hinder your efforts.

Mossey

Edited by mossemi
  • Thanks 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

16 hours ago, mossemi said:

I know the bolt in the red circle holds down the roof unit.  I think, because I don’t remember, the screw in the green circle holds the control portion of the inside cover in place.  To remove 90% of the inside cover off, open the curb and street side vents completely and 2 screws will be visible in each opening.  Now that you know where to look, open the front and rear vents completely and look on the hinge side of the opening and you should see 2 screws in each opening, but they are much harder to see.  Use a long #2 Phillips screwdriver with a round barrel because you will be rubbing on plastic and a square barrel will hinder your efforts.

Mossey

Mossey you stopped me from making a huge mistake! Will tackle the front /rear vents screws . Thank you 

• Like 1

I have the 3314850.000 Air Distribution Box on Hull 313.

13832ECC-0779-4254-8B70-5BE7679163CD.thumb.jpeg.db579d1ac6c865ce7174f16cd3548476.jpeg

See if this document for installation of the Dometic Air Distribution Box 3314850.000 answers your questions. 

https://www.intechtrailers.com/images/info/PDF/Dometic/schematics-ac-diagrams.pdf

Edited by Townesw
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

On 1/20/2021 at 6:40 PM, mossemi said:

I know the bolt in the red circle holds down the roof unit.  I think, because I don’t remember, the screw in the green circle holds the control portion of the inside cover in place.  To remove 90% of the inside cover, open the curb and street side vents completely and 2 screws will be visible in each opening.  Now that you know where to look, open the front and rear vents completely and look on the hinge side of the opening and you should see 2 screws in each opening, but they are much harder to see.  Use a long #2 Phillips screwdriver with a round barrel because you will be rubbing on plastic and a square barrel will hinder your efforts.

Mossey

Moses I removed 2 Philip screws from the front , rear & side vents but I still can’t pull down the inside white cover . What am I doing wrong ? 

0A19300A-C052-4699-9EFB-86CDC29A2555.jpeg

36DA80EA-5515-4FE9-83BA-D96A883CB4E4.jpeg

8451CC4F-AD17-4839-9D8E-B92B5A4A6771.jpeg

• Moderators

If you have the 8 screws out from the vents, then I think the 2 screws inside the filter area do need to be removed.  You circled 1 of them in green.

Mossey

This picture is from the link Townesw provided.

28B57A1C-CD4A-4723-914A-405B3E9931EB.thumb.jpeg.b38d74d446a72dbf90bb8feca5179f7c.jpeg

Edited by mossemi

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

55 minutes ago, Bobfirst said:

Finally got the cover off . Now know the model & serial # that is needed to move forward with the heat strip blowing the furnace fuse 

I don’t know if that was your only reason for wanting the cover off, but you should be able to see that label by taking off just the return air grill and filter. 

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1