2021 camping reservations

topgun2

• Moderators

In planning my annual western fly fishing trips, I tend to use a mix of reservations in campgrounds where I know things can get a bit busy and boondocking.  Unfortunately, this morning I tried to make reservations in one of my favorite NFS campgrounds - Hunter Peak, WY - and they have nothing available for reservations anywhere near the dates that I need (they do have 4 sites that are available on a first come/first served basis).

This is the first time I've not been able to get into this campground and it appears that this is going to be another busy year on the road.  Fortunately, I do know of a number of boondocking spots in this same area, so, my trip is not in any jeopardy.  However, anyone planning to be on the road this summer should remember that there are a bunch more people camping these days.  Plan accordingly.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Topgun,

I have been wondering about this very issue - after last years experiences- and looking into 2021, it seemed to me little had changed - lots of free time, and  $$. I too had looked at a few places - and saw similar demand. Any western trips we take will probably be focused on boondocking. Perhaps smart planning may help - but - we may just have to take our chances.

If I were to wager - I'd also bet this years RV'ing will be more congested, busy, and aggravating than 2020. Overcome and adapt will be the 2021 motto. Those FCFS spots will be competitive. 

Good luck on your planning.

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201