New Wannabes from SE Texas

Jim and Frances

Hi!  Jim and Frances here from Beaumont, TX.  We are new to RVing having never owned a TT.   We are still working but getting close to retirement and interested in RVing as a way to share seeing our beautiful country.  We are very impressed with both Oliver Trailers and you - the owners.  Just looking through the forums lets us know what a great group of people you all are.  We are looking to see if we can soon change our topic description to "New Owners"  😀

We are trying to arrange an owner showing just so we can change a couple of dimensions, awaiting OTT Sales to let us know.  I am a large guy and I need how well I "fit".   My lovely wife does not have this quandary 😇.    

Since we have missed to 2021 production, I was wondering if someone could provide two dimensions for us on the LE II.  The first is the opening of the bathroom door and the second is the distance from the back of the dinette cushion and the dinette table.  I've attempted to download drawings available online and scale them, but am not confident of my scaling.  With these two numbers, we should know if we can go ahead and put down a deposit to get a production space before 2022 is gone! 

Thanks for any help here and thanks for all your work in this forum - it is excellent for wannabes like us!

image.png.c1c9103fccc7f00785bcef52cc269a2d.png

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

• Moderators

Hey Jim, welcome to you and Frances.  There are quite a few Olivers here in Texas, the sales office could tell you who is close to Beaumont and maybe arrange a visit.  I don’t have my trailer here at the house right now but will on Friday.  If nobody posts those dimension by then, I will.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Here you go . . . . bathroom door opening width 19 1/4" . . . . . back of dinette cushion to edge of table 18 3/4".

We did the same, arranged for a tour of an Elite II twin before purchasing, to make sure my 6'2" husband "fit" the twin bed.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Thanks so much!  We were able to meet up with some other owners who were nice enough to give us a tour.  They were just returning from a couple of weeks in Big Bend (we were just a little green with envy 😉).  Such a great group of folks!

As you could guess, we were totally impressed.  I fit (a bit of a prerequisite!).  We are now on the production schedule - October 26 delivery!  Yippee!!!  So much to learn, so little time  LOL!

Jim and Frances

• Moderators

TXLSUCajun

As has been mentioned a ton of times before - with that October delivery you have time to read the Oliver University and much of this Forum.  These readings should give you a good idea of what to expect, of what your Oliver will look and function like, and make you more comfortable with its systems.  It will also probably spur questions - let um fly!

Congrates on joining the family - welcome aboard!

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

50 minutes ago, carnivore said:

Congratulations Jim & Francis.

it was great meeting both of you and we look forward to seeing you down the road.

Thanks again you two for being so gracious allowing us to see your Oliver!  Be sure to collect your sales commission  😁We are looking forward to seeing you two on the road.

13 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

TXLSUCajun

As has been mentioned a ton of times before - with that October delivery you have time to read the Oliver University and much of this Forum.  These readings should give you a good idea of what to expect, of what your Oliver will look and function like, and make you more comfortable with its systems.  It will also probably spur questions - let um fly!

Congrates on joining the family - welcome aboard!

Bill

Appreciate your kind words and thanks for all your posts - very very helpful.  I think I have already memorized most of the University documents  LOL