Oliver Elite II - Twin Bed Model

Shredder

We haven't ordered yet, but we are getting ready to do so soon.  I've been looking at the pix of the Twin Bed model - the one with the access  door under the nightstand and the additional pillows (bolsters) for the beds.  I was wondering where those of you who have that configuration put the extra pillows when it's time for sleeping?  Seems like they would have to be placed into the kitchen area?  Please let me know how you handle.  Hubs wants the larger bed configuration but I want the twin bed model.  I think it makes the trail look more spacious.  Thanks for your responses.

• Moderators

I don't have the exact setup you are talking about, but I do have one side set up as a bed and the other set up as a couch.  When my wife is with me we simply take those extra cushions off the couch and place them in the dinette area and/or directly under the "lip" that hangs out into the isle from the bed itself.  We don't have that acess door you mention but I think that it would be a tight squeeze for those cushions anyway.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We have the twin plan with cushions - the back cushions fit easily in the dinette area like Bill said, and they haven't seemed in the way for us.  Some go in the seats and some on the floor under the table.

However, since we use sleeping bags rather than making up beds every night, we've found that there's enough width for us to sleep comfortably with the cushions in place, with the added benefit being that the back cushions are great insulators agains the side hull.  So now the only cushions we have to relocate are a few small ones and some throw pillows.  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

We put extra pillows and other stuff on the dinette seats and/or table.  We get up and make beds right away so we can sit at the dinette and drink our coffee if it’s too cold to go outside!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We went to Hohenwald for the factory tour over a year ago fully expecting to order the king bed layout. We looked at both models on site and ended up ordering the twin.

At my age, it is not unusual to get up once in the middle of the night to use the loo. The twin bed model allows that without disturbing your partner. Not sure how you do that with the king. We like the nightstand in between the beds, too. Great place to store your phone or tablets. 

If at all possible, look at both before committing to the layout. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I don't have the exact setup you are talking about, but I do have one side set up as a bed and the other set up as a couch.  When my wife is with me we simply take those extra cushions off the couch and place them in the dinette area and/or directly under the "lip" that hangs out into the isle from the bed itself.  We don't have that acess door you mention but I think that it would be a tight squeeze for those cushions anyway.

Bill

We use the access door for laundry.  We have a laundry basket in the basement.  Dirty clothes are out of the way.  If we need to do laundry on the road, the hamper is easily accessed through the exterior basement door.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

We use the access door for laundry.  We have a laundry basket in the basement.  Dirty clothes are out of the way.  If we need to do laundry on the road, the hamper is easily accessed through the exterior basement door.

Interesting idea.  What kind of basket/hamper do you use?  I'm trying to figure out how you'd deal with the limited height and small door.  

57 minutes ago, Overland said:

Interesting idea.  What kind of basket/hamper do you use?  I'm trying to figure out how you'd deal with the limited height and small door.  

The basement floor is lower than the bottom of the door.  I used an old plastic hamper that came with our 5th-wheel (which had a trap door in the floor for a laundry chute!).  The one side of the hamper was cracked, so I cut it down to give room to put clothes in.  Not full door access, but it works.  I could have cut the side down further, but didn't want to give up capacity of the laundry basket.

Before doing this, we tried using a canvas laundry bag, but it was too hard getting things into; I think the rigid basket will work much better.

P1540555.JPG

P1540556.JPG

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

We are just to simple - our "needs wash" clothes go to a cloth bag, thrown into the front closet - besides - the basement is full of rv stuff - you know- important stuff- real important stuff, well ok;  its my (RV)  stuff - so CB says......

• Like 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

At this time, ropes, hoses, electrical (I know not a good combo with Wet...) and other "Utility Stuff" all resides in the drivers’ rear basement. 

At this time, my only change would be to build a shelf to keep "Electrical" above the "Wet Stuff", maybe adding a slider below the shelf so I utilize more of the basement, and not have to reach in so far to get something that has shifted.

Laundry in bag in basket in front closet, along with wash supplies, and we still have room on the closet floor for "Stuff".

We have vowed not to let the Ollie become like the Home Based basement, where "Family Treasures" reside for the (adult) Kids to "Claim & Remove"... after we are gone.

• Like 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators

We keep one day's laundry in a small bag in  the bathroom.  The rest goes into two ikea bags in the truck bed, presorted. We empty daily.  

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.