My hull # advertised for sale on RV Trader.

Nan

I just had someone e-mail me about selling my Oliver. He saw my hull number with a price of $22,000 on RV Trader. It is located in North Dakota. Never been to ND.  How do I have this erased?  Thanks,  Nan in Georgia

• Moderators

Nan, I sent you an email from the RV Trader ad to try helping with this issue.  Is the picture in the add of your trailer?  You might try calling them to discuss your issue.  The picture below has some phone numbers for RV Trader.

Mossey

8CC747F9-98DD-4C66-9F65-F50DBA5E6F55.thumb.jpeg.6a99689c79948cd6f62bec5cb5592b0a.jpeg

Edited by mossemi
  • Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Ok, I just called "Jeanette" at R V Trader and she verified the for sale ad.  She advised me to file a claim with Fraud@Traderonline.com. I will do that shortly. I told her this was a scam because:  #1 no one had hull #279 but me and #2 there is no way someone will buy an Oliver for $22,000. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Nan, for your own protection and peace of mind, keep at least one screen capture of the page for when it goes away, which it definitely will. It may reappear in the near future with a few changes. I am surprised that RV Trader has these bogus ads, but Craigslist is swarming with them, and I flag them daily. If you don't know how to do a screen cap, ask here and I will send you one by Forum Message.

Doesn't this make you MAD?

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I see casita and scamp scams all the time, and report them. Good for you , reporting them, Nan!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

29 minutes ago, Nan said:

OK, I have reported this.  John Davies, I do not know how to do a screen cap, so please tell me how.  Thanks

Check your Messages, I sent you some tips and also a screen capture of the bogus RV Trader ad.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.