Window shade fell off

Moonlight Mile

• Moderators

First pic, drop-down  cable can be reattached with glue. I don't even have one.

Second, shade  frame attaches to those clips you see all around. Receiver portion is inside the frame..  line them up, top first,, and they pop into place, with a light tap with the palm of your hand. If you are tired from driving, just line it up, hang it up, and deal with it tomorrow .

A couple of my shades have fallen off on curvy roads, over the years.

Neither situation requires a return trip to the mothership. Just a little patience.

On fridge, do you have electric at your site?

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

And, ps, congratulations on your first few days of towing.  Well done.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, SherMica said:

I just arrived and must run fridge on propane. I have business here. A two day drive from Hohenwald. The thought of driving all the way back (not to mention gas, wear and tear, my time, and with a dog) is not appealing. 

Your fridge will run very efficiently on propane.  We’ve boondocked for weeks with no shore power and the propane worked well with the fridge.  Like Sherry said, the cable can be reattached with some good glue or epoxy, mine popped off once when I let the door drop.  The window shades will come off from time to time depending on the roads you travel.  Use Sherry’s method to put back up... if you would rather have the solid side on the bottom now is the time to reverse them.  Mike

Edited by Mike and Carol
  • Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Re: fridge on propane,  at least in my  van our Dometic fridge uses  VERY little propane even  in hot weather.  When out camping we only rarely have  run it on electric. After a few weeks  in hot UT/AZ weather I've refilled out of an  abundance  of  caution (there is  no way to tell how full  the  welded on tank is on  our van) only to find that I've  used *maybe* a gallon (and some of that  for bursts  of furnace heat now and then).

• Thanks 1

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

You might check your tire pressures to see if Oliver is still filling them with concrete.  I keep mine at 40-45, which for us eliminated the flying blinds.  That's for an Elite 2, so the single axle might need higher pressures.

Edited by Overland
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Overland said:

You might check your tire pressures to see if Oliver is still filling them with concrete.  I keep mine at 40-45, which for us eliminated the flying blinds.  That's for an Elite 2, so the single axle might need higher pressures.

Asked at deliv day, told 80 was it. Period.

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

First pic, drop-down  cable can be reattached with glue. I don't even have one.

Second, shade  frame attaches to those clips you see all around. Receiver portion is inside the frame..  line them up, top first,, and they pop into place, with a light tap with the palm of your hand. If you are tired from driving, just line it up, hang it up, and deal with it tomorrow .

A couple of my shades have fallen off on curvy roads, over the years.

Neither situation requires a return trip to the mothership. Just a little patience.

On fridge, do you have electric at your site?

Yep cannot deal with any more breaking falling etc. Not now. Tried lining up and got tired after 20 min of FAIL.

Edited by SherMica

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

Just hang it up over the top rail for privacy. You'll have a small gap at the bottom,  but it will be fine til you get some sleep, and patience. 

Your tire pressure is at max, which is not necessary,  imo.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

10 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Just hang it up over the top rail for privacy. You'll have a small gap at the bottom,  but it will be fine til you get some sleep, and patience. 

What should it be then? And is this going to be a regular thing with stuff breaking and falling off and breakaway not long enough etc etc? I am thinking if this is the case this is not for me. I don’t mind some routine maintenance, like a car, but I don’t have the time, or knowledge, or patience for becoming a repair tech (not for free anyway, and esp not when I bought something expensive and brand new. AND, I have not even tried the sewer and water and tank stuff yet. Hoping they all work. Cannot take anymore right now. 

Analogy. You pay a doctor $100k to give you a new heart or whatever. Then over the phone — lots of vm and different doctors call you back, within a week, and you with no medical training, but they’ve got you unscrewing “valves” and nice former patients are telling you (well-meaning intent, of course) they had to do some “work” on their heart too and that’s just how it is. My truck has had zero issues. I will take in in here for its first scheduled maintenance. FWIW, that is how I see this at this point.

Edited by SherMica

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, SherMica said:

What should it be then? 

I was running at 55 psi in the BF Goodrich tires that came on my trailer.  Oliver had them at 80 psi which causes lots of bouncing.  I just replaced my 5 year old tires with Cooper Discoverers, the ones Oliver is now using and the ones probably on your trailer.  Discount Tire put them at 80 psi, and I aired down to 55 psi as soon as I got home.  We drove from San Antonio to Texarkana this week and tire temperatures were perfectly normal, 5-7 degrees higher than outside air temps.  55 psi would probably be safe for an Elite.  Mike

• Thanks 1

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

4 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

I was running at 55 psi in the BF Goodrich tires that came on my trailer.  Oliver had them at 80 psi which causes lots of bouncing.  I just replaced my 5 year old tires with Cooper Discoverers, the ones Oliver is now using and the ones probably on your trailer.  Discount Tire put them at 80 psi, and I aired down to 55 psi as soon as I got home.  We drove from San Antonio to Texarkana this week and tire temperatures were perfectly normal, 5-7 degrees higher than outside air temps.  55 psi would probably be safe for an Elite.  Mike

The irony does not escape me, in that they put a breakaway too-short cable on a chain but damn those tires are gonna be set at 80. Safety, right?

Edited by SherMica

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

We run ours around 60 psi.

We have a different tire than yours. But, you could easily back off to 70 psi, and see if the ride improves.  You'll know, when less stuff is jumbled after a day's drive.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

1 minute ago, SeaDawg said:

We run ours around 60 psi.

We have a different tire than yours. But, you could easily back off to 70 psi, and see if the ride improves.  You'll know, when less stuff is jumbled after a day's drive.

I will take it to WalMart and have them check the lugs - 120! they were adamant about checking at 50 miles and then every 200! - and let them take some air out of the tires, I guess. 

Edited by SherMica

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

Check before you go to a walmart. My local Walmart doesn't service trailers, unless I remove the wheels and tires and bring them in, which I do on the boat trailer. Not the Oliver.

I take my trailer to a local independent. 

Do you have a tire pressure guage?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

You have lt tires. I have st tires. 

You can back off pressure at a gas station with an air pump, yourself. Or, get a tire pressure guage. You should carry one, anyway. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, SherMica said:

I used to build computers. “Baling wire and chewing gum.” You either get that joke or you don’t. Also, tech support level 1: “Did you try rebooting?” Grr.

I get it. I grew up on a farm Baling wire had many uses. 

Chewing gum has, however, been replaced by duct tape 

🤣🤣

Rebooting is still very useful. 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Haha 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

1 minute ago, SeaDawg said:

I get it. I grew up on a farm Baling wire had many uses. 

Chewing gum has, however, been replaced by duct tape 

🤣🤣

Rebooting is still very useful. 

Unplob de block corb. Ha. Riiiiight. Get me to level 7 “take supporb” and we’ll talk. 

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

You have the same tires I just put on.  Go to Walmart and buy a tire pressure gauge.  Take off the green cap and measure your pressure with the gauge. Then, push the little thing in the middle of the tire stem to let pressure out.  Do that for 3 or 4 seconds and check again.  When you get down to what you want (I run at 55 psi) put the cap back on and you’re done.

• Like 1
  • Care 1

5 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

You have lt tires. I have st tires. 

You can back off pressure at a gas station with an air pump, yourself. Or, get a tire pressure guage. You should carry one, anyway. 

Imma get Wally World to check the lugs anyway. Someone said they will just do it. I’ll buy a potted plant to get them to help if I have to. Use it to prop up my fallen window.

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

12 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Check before you go to a walmart. My local Walmart doesn't service trailers, unless I remove the wheels and tires and bring them in, which I do on the boat trailer. Not the Oliver.

I take my trailer to a local independent. 

Do you have a tire pressure guage?

Yeah I have several. Used to ride motorcycles. I am a woman of many talents but disassembling cabinetry is not among them, nor does it interest me. $61k.

I’ll get the vehicle inspector — appt tomorrow for truck and trailer — to do all this.

Edited by SherMica

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

41 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

I saw a “trailer” at the last park (last night’s Ninth Circle) that had a huge air duct vent snaking out from under a DIY box thing and blue tarps and all manner of improvisational accoutrements. I sat there trying to justify spending $61K. Yes I did.

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png