Place to stay near factory

TexasGuy

We have reservations at the Commodore for Sunday 2/14 before our Monday pickup. The other recommendations were further east then have to drive back the other way the next day. For one night I think it will be fine.

• Thanks 1

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

If you want chain motels, 2 possibilities exist 45 to 50 minutes away:

I-40 exit 172 in Dickson, TN

I-65 exit 46 outside Columbia, TN

For those coming from the west, a cornucopia of chain hotels exist in Jackson, TN  (I-40 exit 80). It's possible to get to Hohenwald in 90 minutes from Jackson (i.e. the morning of your visit). 

David and Vicky | Burns, TN | 2020 LEII #686 | 2017 Ford F-250 4x4 6.2L

24 minutes ago, Time2Go! said:

We have reservations at the Commodore for Sunday 2/14 before our Monday pickup. The other recommendations were further east then have to drive back the other way the next day. For one night I think it will be fine.

We will be there at the same time !  I have meeting Monday morning to finalize and see factory so I booked 2/14 and 2/15 and will head home Tuesday.   

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

Maybe we will see you there! We should arrive late afternoon. They told me their restaurant is closed on Sunday. He said there is a Mexican Food place, DQ, pizza or subway. Should be an adventure. 

• Like 1

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators

I'm excited for both of you.  A delivery, a factory tour and contract finalization in mid February - what could be more fun?

Actually getting together for at least a beverage would be great for each of you and, of course, a full report back here is expected on the accommodations, delivery, tour, food, etc..

Bill

p.s.  pics are expected too!

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

40 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I'm excited for both of you.  A delivery, a factory tour and contract finalization in mid February - what could be more fun?

Actually getting together for at least a beverage would be great for each of you and, of course, a full report back here is expected on the accommodations, delivery, tour, food, etc..

Bill

p.s.  pics are expected too!

Absolutely! I take tons of photos on our trips and always post them on my personal FB page so I will share a few here and there!

Also a great idea for two sets of Texans to meet up in Tennessee for a refreshing beverage and to compare notes on the Oliver. 

It’s getting real now!

Cindy

• Like 2

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• 9 months later...

For what it's worth, we stayed at a nice Airbnb loft/apartment that my wife found in Mt. Pleasant, about 24 miles east of Hohenwald. There are some good restaurants, a coffee shop downstairs--and the town looks like it's out of a Hallmark movie.  Here is a link if needed:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/29821566?source_impression_id=p3_1636060214_pcwrkn01so5nwryl&guests=1&adults=1

Bedroom 2.jpg

Kitchen loft.jpg

Living room.jpg

Ext shot wide.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Keith & Jill Burnett | 2022 LE2  #1071 | 2021 Toyota Tundra

Atlanta GA

1 hour ago, Mattnan said:

Hi Folks   any other suggestions that will allow a dog?  Our Ollie is going in for service in early December.  Thanks 

Columbia is a large town 30 miles due east, you could visit Henry Horton State Park if you would like to hike or picnic, it is very pretty. Or drive up to Nashville for a day trip.

https://www.bringfido.com/lodging/city/columbia_tn_us/

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Try the Embassy Inn in Hohenwald. It's not fancy, was being remodeled. Stayed there one night last year when we took delivery of 802.

• Thanks 1

Jeff Simone and Katie Thibodeau

2021 Oliver Elite II Hull # 802

Tow Vehicle; 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 6.0 Liter Vortec