LE 2 wheel lug nut size

Ospreybob

• 2 weeks later...

Oliver supplied a lug wrench set with the universal selection of sockets when I picked up my LEII. If they still do, just repurpose the handle and use the socket with your torque wrench. You will have to buy a short 1/2" drive extension however.

Edited by bhncb
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Note that the little shorty extension that BHNCB mentions above is to be used so that you do not "dent" your chrome hub caps in the center of the wheel.  The set that mjrendon mentions right above that gets you the socket and the extension for a good price and the quality from Harbor Freight is good enough given the number of times you will actually use these parts.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Oliver includes the socket for the trailer wheel lug nuts and a lug wrench as well.  But if you really want to be prepared here’s what I carry.  The extra socket sizes come in handy for helping other motorists.  You’ll need the torque wrench as recommended by Oliver to make sure the lug nuts are tightened properly.  And the breaker bar is for loosening / removing lug nuts since you should never use a torque wrench as a breaker bar. 

ARES 1/2-inch Drive 4- Piece Flip... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FT26IGS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Craftsman 1/2-Inch Drive 18-Inch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00065T0MS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

eTORK (C3250) 1/2-Inch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BYG66BT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Edited by FrankC
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for this information!  I am planning to purchase a torque wrench & breaker bar, but did not know the socket came with the trailer. That’s great. 

2021 Legacy Elite II  Twin Beds   "R-Villa" ~ Hull #803 

2021 GMC Denali HD, 6.6 L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, 10-speed Allison

ALARILINIAKYMNMSMOMTOHSDTNWIWYsm.jpg

For those who are buying the tools for tire removal for the first time.  A suggestion, it would be a good idea to practice changing the tires if its your first time. It would be better to learn how to change the tires on the Ollie in your driveway and get comfortable with it than have to change a flat tire on the side of the road. Which in most cases will be in poor conditions. Un even surfaces.  Not a lot of walk around room given that vehicles and trucks will be wizzing by you at 60 -70- 80 mph’s  scary. you should also check with your insurance carrier most policies now have some kind of road side assistance for tire changing. The down side to that option is a very long wait time or you may not be able to get service.  It all depends on the situation your in at the time you have a flat. Safety first.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

A couple of summers ago I was showing another person how to use a torgue wrench - they had never even seen one before.  For those that have never used one THIS VIDEO should help with the most common type of torgue wrench.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"