We have reached another milestone!

• Moderators

As of a few minutes ago, we now have 5,000 members!

Thanks to all of you who join and participate.  Especially those of you who are so helpful in answering questions from new members.

We appreciate all of you.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 11

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I echo what SeaDawg says and add a thanks to those that help the Moderators by reporting Spam and other issues with our Forum.  This really does make our jobs easier.

Bill

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

As of a few minutes ago, we now have 5,000 members!

I’m continually amazed at the knowledge and expertise of members on this forum.  It’s nice to know I can come with an issue and get lots of relevant input.  I wonder what a rally with 5,000 would look like!  Mike

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

A reason to celebrate, and also a reason to be cautious.   This forum has been great for support and ideas.  But considering that there are only something over 700 Oliver trailers out there now, a number that big of 5,000 forum members means actual Oliver owners are the minority, with the rest made up of future owners with orders pending (another 100-200?), plus those with a future interest in possibly buying, and also internet trolls and spammers as well.  Even assuming all 700 or so current owners are registered here and double it for couples, so call it 1,400, owners are still the minority.  And as it gets bigger it will get even more attention on the internet.  So be careful about your posts and avoid including personal info such as phone number and e-mail addresses.  Even posting your whereabouts in real time when traveling is a risk.  I'm even starting to think that listing a hull number might be a bad idea as we've seen a recent example of a bogus RV Trader ad with a real hull number and contact info of a forum member here.   

But enough ranting.  🙂    A BIG thank you to the moderators on here for keeping the problems to a minimum.  

Edited by FrankC
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, FrankC said:

A reason to celebrate, and also a reason to be cautious.   This forum has been great for support and ideas.  But considering that there are only something over 700 Oliver trailers out there now, a number that big of 5,000 forum members means actual Oliver owners are the minority, with the rest made up of future owners with orders pending (another 100-200?), plus those with a future interest in possibly buying, and also internet trolls and spammers as well.  Even assuming all 700 or so current owners are registered here and double it for couples, so call it 1,400, owners are still the minority.  And as it gets bigger it will get even more attention on the internet.  So be careful about your posts and avoid including personal info such as phone number and e-mail addresses.  Even posting your whereabouts in real time when traveling is a risk.  I'm even starting to think that listing a hull number might be a bad idea as we've seen a recent example of a bogus RV Trader ad with a real hull number and contact info of a forum member here.   

But enough ranting.  🙂    A BIG thank you to the moderators on here for keeping the problems to a minimum.  

That is all very good advice.

Our administration have been a big help in spa m control, as well,  from a software controls standpoint. I'll add a big thanks here to jason and Matt, too.

I would note that the scam posting of an Oliver hull # was a cut and paste of the original owner's old ad.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Oliver makes great products and obviously values supporting a healthy community where owners and interested parties can ask and answer questions, share ideas and otherwise communicate. 

A big thank you and high marks to the administrators and moderators for keeping the forum on a positive path. Both of these roles can be difficult and often times thankless, but in my opinion are being done consistently well here.

• Thanks 4
  • Like 7

• Moderators

Thank you so much, mjrendon.

That means a lot to all of us on the mod team. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

Another milestone,  though I missed the click. We are now over 6000 members and 60,000 posts.

Thank you, everyone,  for making our forum a fun, interesting,  and congenial community. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

@BillandDoris, did I miss a post? 

What's going on with your generator?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 2 weeks later...