Hull 735 Launched!

BillATX

• Moderators

I am so happy that the LE1 is getting the Lithionics Lithium option. 260 ah is a lot of energy for our trailers. Thanks for all the info, Fritz.

I don't know how many of you look at the FitRv blog or youtubes, but Jim and Stef installed lithionics over four years ago, and I'm pretty sure that's what's going into their new Winnebago,  as well.

I dug up this info from their original install. (Jim's actually a real rocket scientist/aerospace engineer, but he's pretty entertaining, and keeps the info down to a level I understand.)

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/our-generator-free-rv-lithium-battery-solar-alternator-and-inverter/

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

The Lithionics rep told me that Lithionics makes a 315 AH battery specifically for Winnebago.  But for wiring, two of these (for 630 AH) would theoretically fit into the LE2 battery tray.  But from what I understand from Oliver, with wiring: no go.  Might something will change in the future? -- who knows.  This battery size would support (or even beg for?) a larger solar array. Cha-ching, cha-ching 🤑.

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

I need to measure the tray - seems the 12V 400AH 5DM Module | Lithionics Battery will come close to fitting the space. Two 400 - hmm the future looks interesting. These folks have a lot of good product data and systems info. Thank you for the heads up.

Edited by BackofBeyond
  • Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Lithium in the LEI must be a new for 2022 model year. I don't recall the option available. Will the solar controller in the LEI charge lithium?

Thanks, Bill. I had planned on the Texarkana campground stop on my return from picking up the trailer, probably there March 19, after visiting my dad's gravesite in Stamps, AR.

John

• Like 1

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I #758       

image.png.d972b5fc86270818b1e0f030bfaa433a.pngMap of Provinces I Visited

Made it back home yesterday in time for the game.  Still learning how to tow it, but getting better.  Really enjoying this little trailer.

Only 2 "issues" with the Ollie so far:  (1) rear back-up camera became loose during a storm. (2) center cap from one of my wheels cracked.  Both are/were easy and cheap fixes.

ANOTHER QUESTION:  How do you know when your fresh and gray tanks are completely empty?  I though I had completely emptied both tanks prior to towing, but I did notice my truck jerking/lurching a bit when towing.  When I got to my destination, I noticed the fresh and gray each were 13% full.  I tried the fresh water drain, but didn't see any water pouring out of the bottom of the trailer when I opened it up.  Perhaps I just need to really crank up the front jack when I am emptying my tanks?  Other ideas?

Thx for your tips and advice.

Bill

• Like 1

Hull #735 - 2021 Elite 1 (Shorty)  |  2021 Toyota Tundra

Bill, by design the tanks are very low and long, and the openings are toward the back, so having the tongue raised a few inches helps with getting all the fluid out. 

John Davies 

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 4

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Bill - 

That 13% you cite is very indicative of your front not being raised when dumping.  Unless there is a long line at the dump station, I always raise the front during this process.  Not only does this help in achieving a "full" dump but it also helps increase the velocity of the liquid during the dump which helps move "things" along.

Great to hear that your towing experience is going well.  Olivers are certainly easy to tow.

Strange that the center cap on the wheel should crack.  Do you recall hitting it?  A quick call to Service will have a new one on its way in no time.

Bill

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The cracked cap might be due to an irregularity on the hub or inside the wheel opening. It just sort of floats around there, in a recess. I took all mine off and put them away in a spares box on my garage shelf, to give to the next owner.. I prefer to be able to see and touch the axle caps, in case one falls off, or leaks, or the hub is getting hot. You can’t detect any of those problems with it completely hidden by a purely cosmetic chrome doodad. I recall that one owner removed his wheel, only to find that the steel grease cap had been rattling and spinning around inside the cap. It makes for a mess, like metal shavings, especially since a lot of the grease will also escape from the bearings. I am sure it also sounds pretty strange to an onlooker as you drive by. “Bonkety bonk dink bump”. At some point the steel cap could wear a groove completely through the chrome one, and then you will have to replace it and the metal contaminated bearings and races.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
On 2/6/2021 at 8:20 PM, BillATX said:

Making my way back to Central TX after  2 nights at David Crockett.  I am currently camped at the Clear Springs campground on Wright Patman lake near Texarkana.  Thanks @Mike and Carol for the recommendation.  All is good in Ollie-land.

20210206_180049.jpg

Bill, that looks like the same site we were in last week, B03.  Glad your pickup and trip home went well.  We’re in Lake Livingston State Park north of Houston but should be home Wednesday or Thursday. Looks like some cold weather coming in.  Mike

80859DB8-A43D-4EB8-9E99-D8126E15C249.jpeg

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

On 2/5/2021 at 7:37 AM, Time2Go! said:

We’re assigned site 60 for our pick up. Looks like a nice area. I’m looking forward to exploring the park. 

Cindy

That was our site, too.  Dec 7-8.  It was in the upper 20's at night, but we did not winterize.  We were practically the only campers in the park, though another Oliver did pull in one night while we were there.  We explored a bit; saw a lot of wildlife and a nice sunset just across the road from the campground entrance.  

Enjoy your stay; hope the weather is not too cold.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

15 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

That was our site, too.  Dec 7-8.  It was in the upper 20's at night, but we did not winterize.  We were practically the only campers in the park, though another Oliver did pull in one night while we were there.  We explored a bit; saw a lot of wildlife and a nice sunset just across the road from the campground entrance.  

Enjoy your stay; hope the weather is not too cold.

Susan,

We have to decide by Friday whether we want them to de-winterize our trailer Monday morning for pick up. I have been watching the weather. Current forecast is for Monday high 32 & low 23 with 50% chance of snow. Tuesday high 36 & low of 23 with 60% chance of snow. We are only staying in TN those first 2 nights then heading south to Gulf Shores, AL to visit friends.

We have a Truma water heater with the freeze protection and standard toilet. I feel like freezing would not be an issue with the heat on.

I'm hoping we can have them fill the fresh water tank before we leave from pick up but if not I guess we'll do it at the park.

We'll be 2 days at Gulf State Park then stop at a Harvest Host location (Melrose Plantation) in Melrose, LA for an overnight on the way back to Texas. Doing a mini vacation and learning about the trailer along the way.

Once home we are camping the last weekend in February with friends at our local state park. Hoping to understand most things by then as I'm sure they will be checking out the trailer.

Let me know your opinion on the winterize/de-winterize options for the 2 nights in DCSP.

Thanks,

Cindy

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Time2Go! said:

Susan,

We have to decide by Friday whether we want them to de-winterize our trailer Monday morning for pick up. I have been watching the weather. Current forecast is for Monday high 32 & low 23 with 50% chance of snow. Tuesday high 36 & low of 23 with 60% chance of snow. We are only staying in TN those first 2 nights then heading south to Gulf Shores, AL to visit friends.

We have a Truma water heater with the freeze protection and standard toilet. I feel like freezing would not be an issue with the heat on.

I'm hoping we can have them fill the fresh water tank before we leave from pick up but if not I guess we'll do it at the park.

We'll be 2 days at Gulf State Park then stop at a Harvest Host location (Melrose Plantation) in Melrose, LA for an overnight on the way back to Texas. Doing a mini vacation and learning about the trailer along the way.

Once home we are camping the last weekend in February with friends at our local state park. Hoping to understand most things by then as I'm sure they will be checking out the trailer.

Let me know your opinion on the winterize/de-winterize options for the 2 nights in DCSP.

Thanks,

Cindy

My suggestions:

You will certainly want to have a full tank of fresh water and use it rather than hooking up to campground water.  It should last you a couple of days.   Ask David Crockett SP; the campground faucets might even be turned off.   Run the furnace at night,; Oliver can tell you the furnace temp needed to protect internal plumbing.  You should winterize the exterior water connections (city water and fresh water tank inlet) by using a hand pump to inject antifreeze as per Oliver winterization instructions. The black flush connection should be fine as it will be dry unless Oliver has used it (check with them).  Also ask them how to winterize the external shower.  Keep Truma in winter mode (electric freeze protection on).  I'm not certain what you do with the Truma while traveling; possibly drain it??   

To be on the safe side, I would ask for winterization advice Oliver during your walk-through, based on expected weather conditions.  Ask for specifics regarding the different components of the plumbing system and temperature thresholds.  Also, if you have the Lithium Pro option, they should advise you regarding battery temperature and protection from freezing temperatures.

Oliver called us a day or two prior to delivery to confirm whether we wanted the system winterized; we chose to not winterize.  Conditions weren't quite as severe at the time (Dec 7) - no snow; daytime temps above freezing, but it was below freezing at night.  We stayed unwinterized all the way home (via I-40 to Oregon).  It was above freezing during the days, but a couple of nights in the low 20's in Albuquerque, NM and Flagstaff, AZ.  We used only an electric space heater at night, leaving the (optional) basement access door open to warm the inner hull.  We placed a remote temp sensors in the area under the curbside bed and in the basement to monitor temps.  All stayed above freezing.

Hope this helps.  Safe travels!

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

On 2/7/2021 at 10:20 AM, Carl Hansen said:

Thanks for the information about the Lithionics batteries.

I poked around on the Lithionics website and they make an impressive product.  Once again, OTT has done their homework and have picked industry leading technology for their trailers.

Carl

Are they also going to be using these in the Elite II?  Instead of LifeBlue?

Ray and Susan Huff

I have confirmed that Disney uses Lithionics batteries in their ride vehicles and other attractions as they are one of the safest, rated battery makers in the US.  For example, their new ride, Rise of The Resistance vehicles are using custom designed Lithionics batteries and they are run all day long, and recharge at a docking port.  

I'm excited to see them coming in 2022 models and would consider doing a Oliver Service upgrade if they come available.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

On 2/12/2021 at 11:20 AM, Dgsmith said:

I found out at delivery of my Elite II on 3 Feb. that it had the Lithonics batteries.

Could you post a picture of your batteries.  Specifically the label on the battery.

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

Here’s a picture of the Lithonics battery.  Oliver installs three 130 amp hour Lithonics batteries now instead of the two LifeBlue200s.

97B5C1AA-619B-4854-978B-E3D9F6637DB2.jpeg

Edited by Dgsmith
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

David Smith, Hemphill, Tx

2016 Ford F-150, 3.5l EB, King Ranch

Elite II #736 delivered 3 Feb 2021

• 2 weeks later...

A big congrats to Hull 735! Good luck on your adventures.

FYI: Comparison chart Lithionics and Battle Born

We will be picking up our Elite l this month, hopefully with lithium batteries. We purchased the Solar Package and specifically asked for the batteries. At the time, we were thinking Battle Born but after the above info it looks like it may be Lithionics. We will be glad to get either one during this pandemic since supplies can easily be depleted. Although we are not familiar with Lithionics we are impress with the effort Oliver makes to bring us the best products available for the price range. We checked out a few websites and I thought others may want to see the comparison chart below. We were researching the temperature range of the batteries. My concern is the hot Vegas temperatures in the summer. My husband is not so worried.

Audrey & Vincent

image.thumb.png.1c8c8fe62bdbd074e5adc22b76ae3677.png

• Like 2

Not Sure about the Elite I but I confirmed today that all Elite II trailers that select lithium are have the Lithonics installed.  I guess Lifeblue is no longer being used.

John

• Like 1

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

• Moderators

The original lifeblue batteries did not have a case that would fit in the smaller Elite I battery tray. Unless something has changed,  you'll be getting Lithionics. Imo.

Edited by SeaDawg
Typo
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I just measured my 2021 Elite 1 battery tray.  It is approximately 14" wide x 14" deep, with a 9" tall opening  (to enable pulling out the battery tray).  Thus, I think two Lithionics or two Battleborn batteries would fit according to the dimensions shared by @Starshine above.

I have the AGM batteries in my new trailer and will keep them until they are no longer sufficient or wear out.

Thanks for all of the valuable info.

• Like 1

Hull #735 - 2021 Elite 1 (Shorty)  |  2021 Toyota Tundra

In July, we delayed our production order on our Elite 1 because we hoped they could give us the lithium batteries. Plus. like on Games of Thrones  "Winter was coming". We knew they were placing them in the Elite ll and questioned about placing them in the Elite l. Oliver was gracious enough to say they would get back to us. We understood it may require additional changes to the camper like a different solar controller/charger, battery mounting in tray and wiring. So, we kept our fingers crossed. Lithium or not, we are anxiously waiting for our camper scheduled for the end of March.

• Like 1