Generator Security

Carl Hansen

Greetings!

I am planning on purchasing a Honda EU2200i inverter generator for our Elite I and am interested in how best to secure the generator.  I am ordering the tongue box and plan to transport it there.  I was interested in your thoughts on how best to secure it there as well as when you are using it in camp.

Thoughts?

Carl

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

We added a locking cross-bed tool box to our pickup.  It's actually one that sits down in the bed, flush with the bed rails (not resting on top of them.  It's roomy enough to carry our BBQ grill, portable generator, fuel and a small propane tank in it as well as other gear that we don't want to worry about "walking off".  

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

That looks great, Townes. Thank you for sharing it.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Yes, that does look a bunch better than having some cables or chains with big old padlocks.  Certainly it will draw less attention.  It will be interesting to hear how it works in the real world.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

8 hours ago, Townesw said:

Look at a LowPro LockDown.

http://lowprolockdown.com/

I don’t have one yet but this is what another forum member uses and it looks like the best solution to me.

This does seem like a great way to secure a generator but I don’t think this company is still in business.

Andrew

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

6 minutes ago, AndrewK said:

I don’t think this company is still in business.

The facebook page hasn't been updated in ages. http://perfectcasita.com/ was updated in early 2019 but the e-commerce pages are broken on both http://perfectcasita.com/  and http://lowprolockdown.com   

Really cool product. Maybe the 2020 RV madness will open them back up for business.

(469) 312-1222 if anyone wants to give their listed number a try.

• Thanks 1

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull #748

• Moderators

Actually, if they aren't in business anymore, I  think there are some highly skilled metal shop folks here who could build something similar, from the photos....

Sherry 

Edited by SeaDawg
Typos

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I called Orbital Machine Works, the company that makes this item. The lady that returned my call said that they are still being made, but you put your name on a waiting list and the wait time is currently 1 year. 

Edited by Townesw
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

• 2 months later...

As of today, still a 1 year waiting list 😲 and if you want to order one, you need to do it by phone as their website doesn't work for orders.  I didn't ask what the current price was as I didn't want to wait the year.

• Thanks 1

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

Here is another option you may look at a rv generator box  the company makes aluminum diamond plate Rv generator boxes that are made for small generators and can be run in the box. I’m sure this will fit the Ollie basket then just  bolt it down to the basket should be a secure option  i can’t link the web site.  The web site is rvgeneratorbox.com 

• Thanks 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎