Free Campground

earthdancer

Chuck and I left Quartz Mountain Nature Park on Monday and headed into the Texas panhandle. Once again we found ourselves on Highway 70 and taking the backroads through America. I guess it doesn't matter where you go in the Texas Panhandle, I-40, I-10 or State Road 70, you are gonna see cattle, oil rigs, windmills and a lot, a whole lot of wide open spaces ! But Chuck found a free campground listed on Highway 70 in a small town called Floydada TX. The free campground provides free water and electric, nice area to walk the dogs, a gravelled well kept camping area. Nothing fancy, but really nice. We have paid for worse, believe me! Remember that place in Jackson Mississippi Pete??? :o

In the Floydada space. we even picked up a free wifi signal with 3 bars! Here are some pictures of it for you!

• Moderators

Thanks you guys ! When we go West to Colorado we plan to go that way. We will put this information to good use !

Could this be the city park across from the church & Parsonage ?

If this is it then it is a couple of blocks North of US Hwy. 70 ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Now you got it! I forgot to mention that if you need LP Gas, there is a place right next to the park, DOT on one side, LP on the other! Restaurants closed on Monday, we found a Mexican one that was so/so. Never saw a laundry mat. Park was quiet at night too. We are now in Carlsbad at Carlsbad RV, a great place with good showers and laundry, heated indoor pool. We are leaving about 1 PM to go tour Carlsbad Caverns and hopefully be there tonight when the bats come out to feed! :)

• Moderators

WooHoo ! Wouldn't that make a good photo, bats sihlouetted against a rose & orange colored sunset ! I wonder if the terrain would alow something like that ? Betty and I have plans to visit again, there is so much to see that several visits still wouldn't see it all.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)