Ready for summer!

topgun2

• Moderators

Just thought that a nice little reminder for all those that think the "south" is always sunny and warm.  Also, for those of you "basking" in the warmth of the southwest - enjoy it while you can.

These shots were taken at 7:45 this morning.

Bill

p.s.  it is now 9:15am and any snow on the street is gone, the sun is out with not a cloud in the Carolina blue sky.

P1020818.JPG

P1020817.JPG

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Same here - was a  nice brisk evening  at 7PM. woke up to 1/4 inch of the white stuff - roads and most solid surfaces clear. Soon, very soon, it will be springtime in the SE, lovely - yet - soon my son will have gone from verbally poking / bragging about 80 degree winter days in central AZ to complaining about the hellish heat of the coming summer. 

Nice pics Bill.

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

Pretty snow, Bill. 

I'm looking forward to summer, and camping again, too.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

One of the things we like about our home in western North Carolina is that we can experience the snow above and by 2:45 that same afternoon it is 50 degrees and all of that snow is gone.

P1020821.JPG

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

One of the things we like about our home in western North Carolina is that we can experience the snow above and by 2:45 that same afternoon it is 50 degrees and all of that snow is gone.

That is, indeed, my kind of snow. Though, if I don't have to go anywhere, I  personally don't mind if it hangs on a few days.

I shoveled plenty if snow in Minnesota and Iowa. I never have to shovel the heat out if my Florida driveway. 😉

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I would have included a picture from western ND, however the camera "OPERATOR" does not work well when temps are -20° real and -32° with the wind chill. 

Yes, right now the sun is out, sky's are a slight overcast, and a balmy +2°. 

We too look forward to the spring and the start of OTT camping season and all the wonderment it will bring.

Edited by SNY SD UP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators
Just now, SNY SD UP said:

I would have included a picture from western ND, however the camera "OPERATOR" does not work to well when temps are -20° real and -32° with the wind chill. 

Yes, right now the sun is out, sky's are a slight overcast, and a balmy +2°. 

We too look forward to the spring and the start of OTT camping season and all the wonderment it will bring.

In that weather, I don't blame you for not going out, if you don'thave to. My sister-in-law in Minnesota went to town a few days ago, to avoid having to go in with the arctic front you all are experiencing.  

Stay warm. Spring is just some weeks away. Hopefully. 

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

We have had a very mild winter up to a few weeks ago.  little to no snow, and temps in the 25-45 range.  then winter arrived and you have all read about what it is doing east & south of ND.  A lot of people do not think much about the cold in ND, because that is a given... If we do not get a lot more snow or spring rains, then the (dryland farmers) up here will be hurting.  right now a number of them are down in AZ in their 2nd homes working on their golf games and evening out their "Farmer Tan's". 

So i only feel for those that winter over because they had to stay here and  take care of the "Beef".

To keep this comment "On Topic", when they start to head back up here to "Go to Work", we will be heading south, to "Start our Camping Season". 🤣

Edited by SNY SD UP
fat-fingers
  • Like 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators

Ouch!

I remember a -16 while in Pittsburgh and the door seals on my car were NOT soft anymore.  You area a better man than I - Gunga Din.

Bill

TV is in un🥶heated garage, that we need to remedy...  Sny Sd Up is hibernating in a heated😛 Quonset.

I have removed e-bike batts & the Garmin gps's just to be safe, and to begin 😀 to load 2021 routes.  TV & non-tv have block heaters plugged in.