Dinette Shelf In The Way

I found the dinette shelf to get in my way when sleeping. It seemed just a little two deep so I cut it down by about 30%. Just enough room to hold the remotes and a couple of odds and ends. The tricky part is that you will need to carefully back cut the rim of the shelf.

• Moderators

Nice job, DCKiefer.

The existing shelf is beautiful, but not quite wide enough for some items, and too wide for others... Your shelf looks great. Ours mostly holds eyeglasses, bear spray, paperback book, etc. A small box of kleenex.

Sherry

PS We always take our shelf out when traveling. What do the rest of you do?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We have to take ours out while traveling, as ours was originally cut too big to fit so they had to sand it down. Now it's slightly too small and easily slides out with motion.

We keep a desktop clock/weather station on ours, and it holds my cell phone overnight. It's also a perfect width to hold our Tervis Tumbler mugs, so I can sip a drink while working or laying in bed.

Kiki also likes to sleep on it or under it. I've not had too many troubles sleeping next to it. I sleep cuddled up between Chris and a body pillow. The body pillow fits nicely under the table, keeping me far enough away from it for it not to be a problem. And Kiki loves to wedge herself between the body pillow and shell of the Oliver underneath the table.

- Cherie

I also remove the shelf for travel, largely because of the way I secure the TV, using a cushion on top of the table to stabilize it somewhat. I still need to come up with a better solution, but that's a whole 'nother discussion. I've been throwing the shelf and the table leg in the closet, but I like mountainborn's idea to put it under the seat...something I never even considered. I might be a little worried about breaking something down there, but it's good to know that it does in fact fit down there.

Herm