Dry run

jam49

Took Revilo with me to visit the grandkids since I didn't have time to unhook it before I left the house after returning from getting same load range tires mounted. Since the battery and power problem hadn't been fixed yet I got the bright idea to CAMP with 2 of the grandkids in the driveway - Had a small solar lantern, got a jug of fresh water from the house, grandson's guitar minus 1 string, multiplication workbook for granddaughter, and powdered donuts. We were set. Then we decided to go about 1/2 mile down the way and park at a fishing spot on the river. While there we enjoyed exploring Revilo since this was the first opportunity we had had together, opening the drawers, the windows and the screens, and everything else imaginable for the grandkids to find out about. Stayed there about 45 minutes then decided to walk along the river. Because it was getting dark, we went back to the house to get settled for the night. Out came the guitar minus one string, solar powered lantern, and multiplication facts workbook. They decided that we should put everything up and lay there talking. They slept on the double bed and I slept on blankets on the floor. Finally went to sleep when lightning and rain woke me up about 5 a.m. I quickly hurried us inside the house because the weather report the night before said possible violent weather could be associated with the storm supposedly moving in much later that came in much earlier. All went well and no violent weather but I wasn't taking any chances. I am very glad that I went for a dry run before trying the first real camping trip away from the security of walking in the front door if anything was needed. Still have more things to

find out before attempting the first trip - All in good time. Thanks for letting me share this special time. I love hearing about the adventures of my neighbors that are just a little further apart! Jennifer

• Moderators

Jennifer,

My own mom is such a great role model for me... and I can perfectly picture the guitar minus one string, and all the fun.... Sounds so much like my mom years ago with our daughter and my nephew.

We still laugh today that the only quarrels Kate and Jonny had in six years were about a twenty-five cent flyswatter... they both spent at least two months together, every summer with gramma and grampa in their young years...

What memories you are making, parking in the driveway. Grandkids, according to my mom, are the best gift from God ever. I know you share her sentiments from your writing.

I wish you all the best. My heart if full, thinking of the little kids, the exploration, and the guitar (minus one string... totally fun). Even the beat home, to escape forecasted weather. I remember one night when I flew home to pick up the kids, and stay a few days, and we had an non-forecasted tornado rip through. Gramma sensed it, got everybody up and into the cellar. Our damage was confined to a picnic set ripped from the backyard, bouncing off every car in the driveway, and landing in the street. Neighbors on the next street lost trees and shingles. Us? Oh, we were cosy, and laughing, and having fun with word puzzles in the basement, thanks to my mom.

If my mom could see your posts (I wish she could, she's just not all that keen on computers) I know she'd be cheering you on. And , in my mind, she' s A1 Gramma Supreme .... (totally the same image my daughter has.... many years past spending the summer with Gramma)

Safe and happy travels,

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Ps

My mom and dad are the heroes of my life. I suspect your kids feel the same.

Happy Mother's day, early, because I"ll be out of touch on the real day next Sunday.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry,

My grandchildren are the loves of my life. They are the biggest reason I wanted to get a small travel trailer. My grandson commented that he really liked mine so I asked him what he liked so much. His reply was he liked the soft bed, and the stereo, the refrigerator and the screen windows and having the shower and bathroom and the table to sit at to name a few reasons. I agree 100 % with your mom. I hope you have a very special mom's day. Jennifer