MOGOLLON DREAMIN'

mountainborn

• Moderators

In our last blog post,( link in the signature line ), we post a photo of the outside/inside thermometer and the time of the day, where we are driveway camped at kin folks home in Arizona. Here is that photo:

100_0284.jpg

Now, it is days yet until Summer is here, by the callendar, at any rate. Soon, we will likely pull up stakes and drift on up to higher elevations on the Mogollon Rim country. I just love those very early morning views from the lofty vista that the 2000' escarpment provides, with distance haze slightly shadeing each successive set of mountains off into the distance ! Maybe we can capture some of that for those days when we can use a lift !

The upgrade to double pane windows has proved to be a good thing for us. The roof air is on it's lowest speed and the thermostat is half way down to achieve the inside temperature in the photo. Look out cooler, higher country ! Here we come !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

We arrived on the Mogollon Rim this afternoon about 1400 hours. took a few pix and shot a little video. Line speeds are too slow to upload the video, so heere is a still photo:

100_0297.jpg

Mild days and cool nights, it's gona' be hard to take !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Love the trees on the Mongolian rim... I'm sure it's a lot cooler there!!

Can't imagine 100 in mid-may... just too hot for me. (I know the old adage, it's a dry heat... but heat is heat, I think.)

Wishing you both a great trip up to Colorado.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.