“Snowhenwald” Tennessee

Patriot

Wow! Looks like a serious snow storm will pass through Snowhenwald, Tennessee. Be safe everyone! 

3DA71339-22D2-44AD-8278-97D5AE05621E.png

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

I doubt that Hohenwald is very prepared for this kind of snow.  However, it appears that by next weekend they will be having a major melt going on.  Certainly that is a good thing for those that had to postpone delivery due to this storm.

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I'm pretty much on the same storm swath - currently its fine. We will see what tomorrow brings. In 20 years the worst of cold, icy, snowy weather has never last more than a few days. Given the last years  restrictions - staying home will be almost normal. 

Come Friday - this will be a memory. 

Happy Netflixing all. 

RB

• Like 3

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, BackofBeyond said:

In 20 years the worst of cold, icy, snowy weather has never last more than a few days.

One of the many benefits of living in the Southern States.  While it can get cold here and it can get hot here, the extremes don't usually last very long.  And, that's a good thing.

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

10 degrees and snowing right now in Dallas thus no trip to factory today and tomorrow.  Supposed to hit 0 Tuesday am.   Never seen it that cold here.   All 254 counties in Texas under winter storm warning, crazy. 

Edited by TexasGuy
  • Wow 2

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

Portland, Maine is warmer  than Dallas Texas!! Crazy seeing people in Texas using sleds and skating in their yards (including the vehicles on the roads)

Be safe in your travels and do not push delivery dates until it is safe. I do not want to see any Oliver's on the TV reports of traffic pile ups.

The weather will change and be more normal next week.

Edited by dewdev
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• The title was changed to “Snowhenwald” Tennessee

Well into morning, and no real change - still around freezing, no freezing rain, but there is a band headed this way - about Huntsville. Was a really stupid early AM  pile up on 231 Huntsville - black ice is undrivable - I'm sure those folks in the pile-up had no idea until it was to late. Slow or fast - you just slide until stopped.....

The really cold air is due tonight. A trip to the woodshed, Will stock up on firewood, stoke the woodstove, and enjoy the Presidents day. I might even spend some time on the bike trainer.

Would not be a good day for an Ollie deliver day!! Try later in the  week....

Old fashioned mother nature  induced social distancing. Many Business are closing for the day, my pool session - included,,,,,

Be safe out there.

RB

g

• Like 2

We are also in Texas near DFW. Currently 6 degrees here and 4” of snow on the ground. More ice and snow expected Wednesday. Rolling blackout for the state. Some in our town have now been 7 hours without electricity. Luckily it’s only been 2 hours for us and we have a fireplace. My sons house is 40 degrees inside. 

Today was our scheduled pick up day. We postponed on Friday after the forecast here and Hohenwald was for snow and extreme temps. Our new date is next Monday. Weather forecast looks much better next week. 

Cindy 

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators

Time2Go - 

I'm conflicted!  First I wanted to give you a "Wow" with regards to the weather issue.  Then I wanted to give you a "like - thumbs up" for your new delivery date.  AND, then I see that you have sent me a PM.  I've not had that second cup of coffee yet!!!

Hang in there.

Bill

• Like 1

• Moderators

We woke up to 7 degrees and 6” of snow with no power.  Electricity came on after 8 hours.  We put on our cold weather camping gear and had a good fire in the fireplace.  4 degrees tonight.  These are all time record lows and snowfall for south Texas.  It will be above freezing by the end of the week.  I hope the globe does not get much warmer!  Mike

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Interesting weather pattern - just a touch north and west of us the storm had a real impact. - drive 30 min NW - and its a different world.  Much more ice around the hills and dales - not to mention the roads. We had heavy rain that at times attempted to freeze. I am sure it will tonight. 

RB

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

We woke up to 7 degrees and 6” of snow with no power.  Electricity came on after 8 hours.  We put on our cold weather camping gear and had a good fire in the fireplace.  4 degrees tonight.  These are all time record lows and snowfall for south Texas.  It will be above freezing by the end of the week.  I hope the globe does not get much warmer!  Mike

Scary for folks in Texas who have been without power most of the day.  I’ve been lucky with power but going to -1 tonight.   

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

Good luck down there. The weather  is  kind of freaky all around the  country. It's warming up a bit here in WA starting today and  more into tomorrow. May you get the same asap!

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

15 hours ago, Time2Go! said:

We are also in Texas near DFW. Currently 6 degrees here and 4” of snow on the ground. More ice and snow expected Wednesday. Rolling blackout for the state. Some in our town have now been 7 hours without electricity. Luckily it’s only been 2 hours for us and we have a fireplace. My sons house is 40 degrees inside. 

Today was our scheduled pick up day. We postponed on Friday after the forecast here and Hohenwald was for snow and extreme temps. Our new date is next Monday. Weather forecast looks much better next week. 

Cindy 

Hope Monday works out for you!

I am forever thankful that our delivery date was stepped up from February 4, 2021 to December 7, 2020!  In light of the recent severe weather across most of the US, I will never again complain about the Oregon rain.  Here in SW Oregon we have had nearly 6 inches of rain the past three days, but at least it is not freezing rain or snow.  One of our sons, on the other hand, lives just east of Portland, OR.  They just got their power back on last night (they are one of few - many are still without power).  Trees downed by the February 13th PNW ice/snow storm caused massive power outages.

Edited by Ray and Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderator+

Susan, does your 2013 F350 really have a 3.2L diesel?

• Haha 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

4 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

I would imagine it is the 6,2, but with all this cold weather - as those bits and bytes flow across the country  - it may have shrunk a few liters. 14 here this morning - wind chill - too cold.  But we are good - feel for all those with the power outages and such. 

• Haha 1

Was 12 degrees this morning down in the southeast corner of Texas.  And yes, we have a real "lizzard" problem right now!  I found a good deal on some "lizzard" shovels here on Amazon if anyone is interested. 

Time2Go - hoping you have great weather and a great trip next week for your pickup!

Jim and Frances

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

18 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

:classic_huh:  It took me a while to figure out what you were referencing.  Then I read my signature!  I must have been thinking about my "car" which has a 3.0l diesel.  If only my X5 had the 6.7l diesel . . . . . . I could outrun anything on the road  🏁  🚔

Thanks for pointing this out; I will make the correction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Our camping buddies just left this morning and are heading to Holenwald to pickup there new trailer on Monday 2-22-2021. They were to get it last week, but something told them to wait till this week, I wonder what it was. 

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Warm temps for most of yesterday and all today, plus rain tonight, should clear the roads across the state completely.

All in all, we’re pretty proud of how well TN dealt with this. At least on the western end, no major utility problems and our city even had the forethought to bring in snowplows from outside. The worst problem for us has been low water pressure, but that’s a tiny inconvenience, considering.

And I suspect that an add on silver lining will be a reduction in COVID rates across the southeast, what with everything shut down for a week. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Overland said:

Warm temps for most of yesterday and all today, plus rain tonight, should clear the roads across the state completely.

All in all, we’re pretty proud of how well TN dealt with this. At least on the western end, no major utility problems and our city even had the forethought to bring in snowplows from outside. The worst problem for us has been low water pressure, but that’s a tiny inconvenience, considering.

And I suspect that an add on silver lining will be a reduction in COVID rates across the southeast, what with everything shut down for a week. 

Yes, nice temps today, worked outside all day on Sat, roads have been clear since Friday, snow all gone but for the  few areas in the shade. 

I cannot complain- the worst issue I experienced - the pool was closed one day, and delayed open a few other. So basically we had it good.

And our snow creatures have seen their best days....

My two remaining bee hives seem to have made it - 

All a good day!

RB

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 2/16/2021 at 7:53 PM, TXLSUCajun said:

Was 12 degrees this morning down in the southeast corner of Texas.  And yes, we have a real "lizzard" problem right now!  I found a good deal on some "lizzard" shovels here on Amazon if anyone is interested. 

Time2Go - hoping you have great weather and a great trip next week for your pickup!

Jim and Frances

Actually, some places in Florida do have lizard warnings when it gets very cold. The iguanas start falling from the trees. 

Since they revive when warmed, it's not recommended that the general public pick the up. Even with a lizard shovel.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/look-out-below-falling-iguanas-in-south-florida-possible-as-temperatures-dip-nws-says/2373858/

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators

So, the falling iguanas warning has been issued again... 

Don't pick them up! Above 40 degrees, they come back to life. And can be aggressive. 

It's not been chamber of commerce weather in most of Florida this week.

Screenshot_20220126-163103_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.