Tire Pressure Survey

dewdev

Tire Pressure Survey  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Answer the bolow questions

• Do you keep your Oliver tire pressure at 80 psi?
    • Have you reduced your Oliver tire pressure below 80 psi?
    • I have not noticed any difference in ride after reducing pressure.
    • The Oliver rides better with reduced tire pressure?

I know that the subject of tire pressure on Oliver's trailers have been discussed on other threads in this forum and as a new owner I am trying to decide weather to keep the Oliver recommend tire pressure of 80 psi (when traveling major highways) or maybe reducing it to 55 to 60 psi.

what are other Oliver owners doing. You can respond to this post of complete the above survey. Thanks

1. Are you maintaining the tire pressures at the 80 psi, as recommended by Oliver, or have you reduced the tire pressure to something lower and what reduced pressure have you chosen.

2.  For those that have reduced their tire presssure have they really found the Oliver travels better (less bounding).

Thanks

Edited by dewdev

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

Add a poll to this thread, people can answer the questions there. It is easy and a lot more interesting than just getting a stream of comments.

Why don’t you just try dropping the pressure and seeing for yourself? This is not rocket science. Common sense tells us that rock hard tires that are inflated for a 6000 pound load per axle will not ride well when the weight is HALF that number. This is in reference to the LE2 trailers only!

If you have a HD truck with 10 ply tires, you should also be using much less than the 80 psi sidewall pressure on the front tires, and also on the rears when driving empty. My Land Cruiser has LT tires and they are set at 42 psi. I had a Ram 3500 and used 50 front and 60 rear towing and loaded. And dropped the rears to 50 when empty. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.