Delivery Date Getting Close ?

mountainborn

• Moderators

SeaDawg has posted on these forums that their pick up date is near the end of February, so how bout' it Dawg, gettin' close ? Or have you already picked up and checkin' out fire plugs on the way back home ? :o

Photos ! Please post photos !

Others picking up soon, or already have ? Tell us about it ! :D

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Hee, hee, hee.... There are, according to the count on all four paws, approximately 2,876 fireplugs between Howenwald TN and Tampa Bay...give or take one or two. Our trip home towing our new Oliver took a little time as we had to "mark territory" at every plug.... :D

Seriously, we are soooo happy to have our new Oliver at home in the driveway. The real reason we haven't been on the board is we took the long route... Tampa Bay, Asheville, Nasheville, Howenwald, Destin, Tampa Bay.... and just got home! My brother Mike came along with us, and was the official photographer for the expedition. As soon as we've had time to download, we'll post some pix.

Only one thing missing... Paul forgot to ask Robert to install the kegerator and beer tap! Otherwise, as our daughter says, it's totally "tricked out" and really cute.

On a serious note, we really felt a sense of family when we spent the day in Howenwald picking up the new Oliver. Everybody there, without exception, was welcoming, warm, and helpful beyond description. It is evident that everyone at Oliver Technologies and Oliver Travel Trailers takes "ownership" of their work, and every Oliver is a labor of love. Our thanks to Robert, Bert, Linda, Danny, Brandon, Mike and Bill... and all the others we met but can't remember the names right now. Our Oliver camper trailer is perfect and beautiful. We promise, we'll take good care of him!!! :):)

More later, the pizza's ready and it's been a long drive home.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I get mine in early March and will be visiting new Grand daughter in Bradenton late march, we'll have too see about a mini rally!!!!!

Currently enroute to Apalachicola/Eastpoint FL to put my stuff into storage, see my girlfriend and we'll go up to pickup "Ollie". :o !!! Assumed you used the half ton truck,, how was handling????

Hope to me you soon, Chuck! 8-)

• Moderators

Hi, Chuck! So excited for you!

We, too, had hoped to stop in Destin and Appalachicola for a couple days, but other cirucumstances brought us home early.

As to our trip, we towed with the Volvo, not the Silverado, because my brother was with us and the Silverado does not have the extended cab. The Volvo does not have a ton of power (only a 2.4), but the Oliver towed along behind like a dream. You'd hardly know it was there! In the hills, with all our extra "stuff" for three people and outfitting the camper for the first time, we would have been happy for the extra power of the 5.3 liter Chevy, but we had zero problems, winding through the small roads of Tennessee and Alabama, and cruising down the Interstate in Florida. One of the reasons we chose the Oliver was that we were confident we could tow with either the car or the truck, and, gee... we can!!!

Please post when you're going to be down in the Bradenton area. If we're here in Florida, it's a short hop, and we'd love to have the first (I think) Oliver mini-rally! Since I already know how much curiosity one Oliver attracts, two will be double the fun. I think one nice guy in Tallahasse may be next on the list for an Oliver after touring ours at the gas station...

PM us with details if you like, or post on the board. Look forward to meeting you!!!

Sherry and Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Chuck said:

Currently enroute to Apalachicola/Eastpoint FL to put my stuff into storage, see my girlfriend and we'll go up to pickup "Ollie". !!! Assumed you used the half ton truck,, how was handling????

Hope to me you soon, Chuck! [/i]

>

Hey, Chuck, here it is the last couple of days in February, you are getting close to delivery time. What day will you arrive at Hohenwald ?

Oh, yeah, I see that you have chosen the same nick name for your coach that we have. It usually goes like this around our house. "Honey, wil you carry this stuff out to OLLIE ?"

I makes me wonder if owners will just refer to their camper as "Ollie" instead of giving them a speciffic name as Casitan's often do ?

I havn't seen any one posting a name for their Oliver TT yet. :?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Chuck said:

Oh, yeah, I see that you have chosen the same nick name for your coach that we have. It usually goes like this around our house. "Honey, wil you carry this stuff out to OLLIE ?"

I makes me wonder if owners will just refer to their camper as "Ollie" instead of giving them a speciffic name as Casitan's often do ?

I havn't seen any one posting a name for their Oliver TT yet.
:?

Well, our dog already has the name "Oliver" in our household..... Do you think maybe we should name the camper "Rover" or "Spot"?

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4