B&W Tow and Stow TS20037B

Townesw

Is anybody using a B&W TS20037B hitch? (2-1/2 inch shank, 5 inch drop, 2 and 2-5/16 balls)
With the 2 inch ball up and the ball bracket in the top position, what is the vertical distance from the top of the ball to the top of the shank? 

I want to replace this:

CFBDF5D0-54B2-4F59-9DB6-C15CDB129EE1.thumb.jpeg.300e9ab98312d3c48f73db493732d3fb.jpeg

Edited by Townesw

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

This dimension will be the same for all Tow & Stow models regardless of shank size or drop length. WIth the shank installed in the drop position, the highest bracket position is equivalent to a zero rise. Therefore, the height of the ball above the shank will be 2-1/2" for the  2" ball or 2-3/4" for the 2-5/16.

Somebody with a digital caliper can make a liar out of me. 

• Thanks 2

And remember that the height of an Andersen ball will vary a little, depending on how worn the friction sleeve and steel shaft are, and whether it has been just assembled or it was used for a while. It does settle a fair amount with use. So if you are looking for precision, this is kind of an apples to oranges comparison.

Is there a specific reason you prefer this over an Andersen Rapid Hitch? At 1/2 the weight (17 pounds), and no rust issues, that can just be tossed into a plastic bin when not needed. Or just put the head itself in storage and rotate the mount 90 degrees in the receiver for clearance and to use it as a step (drill a new pin hole). Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.