Zarcor tinted window and blind install 2020 OLEll Hull# 634

Patriot

• Moderators

Looks great! I'm sure you will enjoy it!

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

A question, Patriot. Is it easy to move the vanes of the blind without opening the door? You can reach the slider thru the little opening for the door handle in the screen door?

Edited by SeaDawg
Typo

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Good install job!  Looks very similar to what I did a few years ago.  Ours has operated flawlessly.

42 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

A question, Patriot. Is it easy to move the vanes of the blind without opening the door? You can reach the slider thru the little opening for the door handle in the screen door?

It is very easy to open and close the blind without opening the door.  The slider is accessible through the sliding panel for the door handle.

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

57 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Good install job!  Looks very similar to what I did a few years ago.  Ours has operated flawlessly.

It is very easy to open and close the blind without opening the door.  The slider is accessible through the sliding panel for the door handle.

Thank you Mike! 👍🏻

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

2 hours ago, Fritz said:

Nice job!  This mod will be high in my list later this year...

Fritz, thank you. If you have any questions later on just shoot me a PM, glad to help.👍🏻

Edited by Patriot

IMG_2879.jpeg

Patriot

Nice work. Great pics.  I plan on doing the same mod. I don’t like the idea not being able to see out the door.  As a safety reminder I’m sure most know this. At night and you need to look outside if you hear a noise or someone is at your door. Always turn on your outside lights on, and leave all interior lights off. Any one who is outside will not be able to see you inside  due to the tinted windows,  turning on interior lights you be seen plain as day.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• 2 weeks later...

Patriot,

Nice work!  You motivated me to do the same thing to my 2015 Ollie.  When I called Zarcor (last week) to ensure I received the correct color handle I mentioned we had been discussing their window shades on the Oliver Forum and they gave me free shipping.  Total cost (tinted window plus white shade w/white handle) was $129 with no tax and no shipping.  For those of us with the older Ollies with the screw in window frame versus snap-in Mike also has an installation thread that was helpful. 

Just installed it today and it looks great!  Really nice to be able to see outside while seated at the dinette as well as see who is knocking at the door. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Walter & Rebecca| 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II | Hull #104 | "SoGo" | Nissan Titan SL 5.6L w/ Tow Package

ALAZCOIDIAKSKYLAMIMSMOMTNENVNMOHSDTNTXUT

1 hour ago, WandR said:

Patriot,

Nice work!  You motivated me to do the same thing to my 2015 Ollie.  When I called Zarcor (last week) to ensure I received the correct color handle I mentioned we had been discussing their window shades on the Oliver Forum and they gave me free shipping.  Total cost (tinted window plus white shade w/white handle) was $129 with no tax and no shipping.  For those of us with the older Ollies with the screw in window frame versus snap-in Mike also has an installation thread that was helpful. 

Just installed it today and it looks great!  Really nice to be able to see outside while seated at the dinette as well as see who is knocking at the door. 

WandR,

So glad to hear this worked out for you. John Halter the owner of Zarcor was a pleasure to do business with and I highly recommend his company. He really made things seamless for us when we ordered.
Maybe Oliver will offer this as option or better yet a standard feature. We would have gladly selected it.
@Topgun2 as mentioned was instrumental in our pursuit of this very useful mod, so to his credit. 👍🏻

Happy Camping!

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 4
  • Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 1 year later...

I thought I would bump this post since I was asked about the Zarcor window shade while at this years Rally by a few new owners.

It’s a nice mod passed on to me by TopGun and naturally allows us to see who is knocking at the door. As mentioned we ordered tinted glass to match the Oliver tinted windows. A top five mod of ours. Hope this helps those that asked about it at the Rally.

Happy Camping! 

• Like 6

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2022 at 8:29 AM, Patriot said:

I thought I would bump this post since I was asked about the Zarcor window shade while at this years Rally by a few new owners.

It’s a nice mod passed on to me by TopGun and naturally allows us to see who is knocking at the door. As mentioned we ordered tinted glass to match the Oliver tinted windows. A top five mod of ours. Hope this helps those that asked about it at the Rally.

Happy Camping! 

@Patriot Thanks for this post. We are waiting on our LE II and this will be one of the first things I do. We are in TN but moved here from Mooresville, NC and I am originally from New Bern, NC - where are you in NC?

Brian

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne Lewis said:

@Patriot Thanks for this post. We are waiting on our LE II and this will be one of the first things I do. We are in TN but moved here from Mooresville, NC and I am originally from New Bern, NC - where are you in NC?

Brian

We live near Shelby, NC approx 50 mi west of Charlotte. The Zarcor shade is not one of our first mods, but it’s one of our favorites. The install is for the most part straight forward. PM me if you have any questions that I can help with. 😊

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

13 hours ago, Patriot said:

We live near Shelby, NC approx 50 mi west of Charlotte. The Zarcor shade is not one of our first mods, but it’s one of our favorites. The install is for the most part straight forward. PM me if you have any questions that I can help with. 😊

We went to Shelby often, nice little town. We especially liked the old red barn (Used in the Hillshire Farms ads) that is now a winery and events venue.

Thank you for the offer to assist, I might need it.

Brian

• Like 3

I installed the exact set last week in hull 414.  I will provide one caution:  It is possible to "over compress" the inner and outer frames when seating the male and female serrated tabs when re-assembling.  If you do that, you end up forcing the inner frame to push us against the glass on the inside that will warp it slightly.  If that happens, the tightly fitted shade will not fit properly.  (You can guess how I know this).

Only compress the frames to the point where the edges just "touch the glass.

If however, you end up "gorilla-izing" the job and go too far, simply use the shims previously used to separate the frames to release tension on the affected portion.  Easy-Peasy. 

Just a lesson learned the hard way.

HOBO

• Like 4

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• 7 months later...

I installed this several weeks ago while in storage and we are now testing it out on our first (short) trip with it. So far so good. We are at a Myrtle Beach site where there is some but not a lot of outdoor lighting hitting the white blind. Very little light is coming through. Will have a better report next month when we have had a number of sites behind us as we travel to the west coast. But so far we can say this is one of the better bang-for-the-buck improvements that can be made.

Thanks to all of you above for your installation comments. While working with John Halter was a pleasure, it was nice to have a number of questions to ask, and it was helpful to have warnings about installation issues. The end result of the installation is beautiful, and the function is very good.

The only negative I have to report is that one of the handle screws will come loose after a number of openings and closings using the grip button on the handle. Retightening works, but only for a short while. I found that using the grip button to close the blind applies sideways torque to that screw. The workaround is to open or close by pressing the handle where it curves at the top of the vertical handle shaft portion. I was careful not to over tighten the screws and not to elongate the drill holes during installation.

• Like 3

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L FX4 3.55

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MobileJoy said:

Retightening works, but only for a short while.

A drop of Loctite (blue) should take care of that issue.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

8 hours ago, MobileJoy said:

While working with John Halter was a pleasure, it was nice to have a number of questions to ask, and it was helpful to have warnings about installation issues.

@MobileJoy

I agree John Halter was more than helpful when I had a few questions about this install/mod.

One of the best most memorable dinners we enjoyed at MB was here - https://www.seacaptains.com

The food and dinning area view of the Atlantic was excellent!
Enjoy Myrtle Beach. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 4

IMG_2879.jpeg

4 hours ago, MobileJoy said:

I installed this several weeks ago while in storage and we are now testing it out on our first (short) trip with it. So far so good. We are at a Myrtle Beach site where there is some but not a lot of outdoor lighting hitting the white blind. Very little light is coming through. Will have a better report next month when we have had a number of sites behind us as we travel to the west coast. But so far we can say this is one of the better bang-for-the-buck improvements that can be made.

Thanks to all of you above for your installation comments. While working with John Halter was a pleasure, it was nice to have a number of questions to ask, and it was helpful to have warnings about installation issues. The end result of the installation is beautiful, and the function is very good.

The only negative I have to report is that one of the handle screws will come loose after a number of openings and closings using the grip button on the handle. Retightening works, but only for a short while. I found that using the grip button to close the blind applies sideways torque to that screw. The workaround is to open or close by pressing the handle where it curves at the top of the vertical handle shaft portion. I was careful not to over tighten the screws and not to elongate the drill holes during installation.

Couple drops of Blue Locktite on the threads should keep those screws where they need to be...

• Like 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

8 hours ago, topgun2 said:

A drop of Loctite (blue) should take care of that issue.

Thanks, I'll try that.

8 hours ago, Patriot said:

One of the best most memorable dinners we enjoyed at MB was here - https://www.seacaptains.com

The food and dinning area view of the Atlantic was excellent!
Enjoy Myrtle Beach. 

We'll try that as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1

Sea Captains was very good. FWIW, I add my endorsement.

Hi from Hull 997, I’m local to the area. If you’re staying a while, a trip to the Conway Riverwalk area offers a wonderful contrast to Myrtle Beach, as does the Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk. Enjoy!

• Like 3

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie” Hull 997

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

21 hours ago, Jstone said:

Hi from Hull 997, I’m local to the area. If you’re staying a while, a trip to the Conway Riverwalk area offers a wonderful contrast to Myrtle Beach, as does the Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk. Enjoy!

Sadly we had already returned home in NC when I saw this. We have done the Marsh Walk but not the Riverwalk. We love Myrtle Beach, so odds are we'll get another chance. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1