Shenandoah River SP, VA

Nancy K.

Has anyone stayed at Shenandoah River State Park in VA?  A couple of the reviews I saw mentioned a steep, curvy road into the campground area, but the other reviews did not.  Looking to possibly stay there in October.

"Creativity is the fun of putting together unexpected ideas."  Hazel Edwards

1 minute ago, Nancy K. said:

Has anyone stayed at Shenandoah River State Park in VA?  A couple of the reviews I saw mentioned a steep, curvy road into the campground area, but the other reviews did not.  Looking to possibly stay there in October.

We have camped there multiple times over the years; it is a really nice campground.  The camp sites are level and very easy to back into them; I think there are a few pull thru sites.  Last spring we were in site 11; I recommend you try and reserve a site, they fill up fast.  Most all of the sites are great including very clean restrooms and showers.  The entrance road is not that steep, you will not have any issues getting into the campground.

• Like 2

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

When you look ar reviews, it's nice if reviewers include their rig info. What's easy for us, can be difficult for big motothomes and sunblocker fifth wheels.

Edited by SeaDawg
Typos
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

There are no issues with any size camper in Shenandoah River SP, VA.  Very easy access to all site up thru the largest 5th wheels or sunblockers.  Most Virginia State Parks have very nice campgrounds with large sites.

You can not see the river from the campground but it is only a short walk to reach the river.  Enjoy or stay.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93