Summer's here... Where are you?

SeaDawg

• Moderators

We're home. Getting ready for a family reunion trip to camp at Disney's Ft. Wilderness next week. Then on to North Carolina, the Midwest to visit my family, and then... see where time allows and the road takes us.

Summer plans?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sounds like you'll be putting some miles under your Oliver. We will be doing the same mid month. Heading for Telluride, CO. We will be stopping at Palo Duro Canyon in TX, Great Sand Duens NP, Telluride and Black Canyon Of The Gunason NP.

Black Canyon is awesome.. we loved our visit there!

Our summer plans are still up in the air. We're currently in St. Louis visiting Chris' family, and probably heading up to Indiana/Chicago/Michigan area later this month. Right now we're contemplating ducking up into Canada and then exploring the east coast down through Maine, and then the Appalachian Trail to start our westward trek to Burning Man at the end of August.

We're also tempted to find a perfect spot somewhere for a month and work on some business building.

Who knows what the summer will bring :)

- Cherie

• Moderators

Above 10,000 feet in the Rocky Mountain's Rio Grande National Forest.

100_0389-1.jpg

I have your free campsite waiting for you !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Sherry, you've have to let us know if/when you pass through the Twin Cities...it would be great to meet the two of you.

As for our own plans, being that we're heading into the nicest part of the year here, we don't expect to travel far. Maybe we'll do something longer-range in the fall.

Herm

• Moderators

Herm,

We'd like to meet both of you, too. We're looking forward to camping in Minnesota, and visiting friends and family there and in Missouri, Iowa, and Wisconsin.

I'll send you a pm with our contact information. Haven't figured out whether to circle east or west first.... and, without any birthdays or weddings this year to attend, we'll probably make up the route as we go along.

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to All,

Geneva and I have cancelled our RV trip out West this summer due to unexpected cost we incurred and high gas prices. Hopefully, we will go somewhere this fall, if fuel prices fall, perhaps to the North Carolina area and then down the East Coast a bit.

We have cancelled our Verizon internet service in order to save money, so I don't get an opportunity to post on the forum very often.

We hope everyone has safe and fun travels this summer. Hope to see you on the road soon.

Doug

• Moderators

Doug & Geneva,

Chances are, we'll be back in North Carolina this fall. (We're here now, planning our trip to NY and Canada, back down thru Minnesota and Missouri to visit my family.)

We love the Carolinas in all the seasons. Please keep us posted on your plans. We'd love to camp with you in the Carolinas if the schedules mesh. If there are a few other Oliver owners possibly interested in the North Carolina in the fall..... I sense another mini rally in the making.

We'd be happy to host if everyone doesn't mind boondocking outside of Asheville.... no power or potable water, but great views, hikes, and the city is only twenty or thirty minutes away. (We have a big generator to share, if needed, and toilet facilites, and lots of space and clean mountain air.)

I'll pm our phone number so we can keep in touch.

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

4th of July weekend, Brazos Bend State Park, Texas. A good time was had by all.

http://peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com ... s-too.html

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderator+

Fourth of July weekend at Tishomingo state park with all the dogs and a relative with his Airstream...

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

We've completed our Canada tour of the north shores of the Great Lakes, stopped in Grand Marais and Gooseberry Falls SP in Minnesota, and spent several days with my brother and sister-in-law outside Brainerd . On our way to Milwaukee, we stopped to visit with Herm and his wife in the Twin Cities. Herm is quite the grillmeister, and he and his wife were great fun and great hosts. Lots of laughter and lively conversaton.

We hope they'll come and visit us near Asheville later this month, or catch up with us in the fall there for the autumn leaves. (Doug and Geneva have indicated they'll likely visit us in October in NC, too!) Anyone else traveling our way? Could be a fun little mini-rally in the mountains. Dates are a little fuzzy right now... more later in another thread.

Thanks so much for the hospitality, Herm!

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderator+

Tali and I are planning a trip beginning Sept. 24 thru Oct. 14. We have not finalized our plan yet, but we will be leaving Tupelo and heading in a general North and West direction. Probably hitting Yellowstone and then more Southerly, perhaps going on out to Yosemite. Would love to meet up with some of you guys along the way.

Steve

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Seadawg, we thoroughly enjoyed your visit as well. But, "grillmeister" is a bit of an exaggeration...seems that the size of the grill really fooled you.

We've heard a lot of good things about Asheville, but have never been there. If the timing works out, we might join your little rally.

Herm

Any of ya'll gonna' be on the I 25 in New Mexico cruzin' by Truth or Consquences,New Mexico are welcome to swing off the Interstate and come soak in some world reknowned mineral hot springs. :lol: We only have one campsite :( but several VERY nice parks close by but our hot springs here are on the Rio Grande River are GREAT!!! :D The tubing trip down the river is also VERY restful and $8.oo per person INCLUDING :tube, life vest, and transportation on both ends! :lol: This Sat will be our 3rd trip!!

For any of ya'll wondering about workamping, this is one job....hard to take, but somone must check out the mineral water daily, the tube rides and the local eateries and we're tough enough to handle the responsibility.

Please join us if ya'll have the chance a check upon the quality of our hard work ;)

Chuck 8-) , Geri :D , n the critters

• 4 weeks later...

Geneva and I are at the Oliver Factory in Hohenwald today where we are getting a black water flush system installed. We will leave and head north to Nashville tomorrow, then on up into Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and back to Texas by Thanksgiving. We hope to meet up with Sherry and Paul in North Carolina during the peak of the fall foliage. From there we plan to head east to the coast, then down the Eastern coast to Florida where we hope to see a space launch lift off on November 12th. We plan on staying primarily at national forest, national park and Corp of Engineer campgrounds along the way.

Happy trails to all.

Doug

• Moderators

Well, after the birth of twin grandkids, here in Texas, Oscar & I took off for for some cooler temperatures. We started in the low mountains of Fort Davis, Tx and then visited Roswell, NM to look for aliens. After Roswell we headed into the mountains a bit higher to stay at Monzano State Park, NM and then headed out for the summit of our trip to visit Mountainborn & Butcherknife at Trujillo Meadows in Colorado. What a wonderful 10 days (except for the 6 1/2 hours when Oscar was lost in the woods in bear country :o but that's another story, he's back!)

We're back in Texas for the birthday of another grandchild and will be camping with her & her folks at the Kerrville Wine & Music Festival over Labor Day. I'm camping there now helping with preparations for the festival.

Next, we have the Pineknot-V Rally followed by fly fishing at Octoberfisch in Junction, TX.

Life is gooooooood . . . :D

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg