winterizing outdoor shower

hbschof

Ditto, but you would also need to choose three way valves and also install a drain hose leading out the belly. Otherwise the water in the vertical lines and the faucet would be trapped there. If you decide to go to all that trouble, install them on the curb side near the fresh tank drain, so the outside shower water lines going through the back wall of the trailer can also be emptied, using a blast of compressed air.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Just thinking about  the options now. If one were willing  to violate the explicit instruction in the  user manual  not  to winterize with  compressed  air... wouldn't it  also  work to simply have a shutoff valve on each supply line and to blow both lines out (say from  the city water port) and then turn both user-installed valves off? That would add its own hassle each time you'd do it but  would avoid the issue of needing  to puncture  the belly for a new drain  hose. 

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

I was thinking about installing shut off valves for the out side shower and then placing a T valve behind them to either blow them out with air or fill with anti freeze, that way winter camping will avoid any frozen lines, and to winterize the entire system simply open up the valves and fill with antifreeze. What would be a safe pressure  to blow out the short section of water line?

Hull 833

2019 F250 6.2L

After the last two winters-I'm just going to stay where it DOESNT freeze! Problem solved. 

RB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, BackofBeyond said:

After the last two winters-I'm just going to stay where it DOESNT freeze! Problem solved. 

Yep - that's exactly what some of the folks down around Texas were thinking. ☺️

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 2 years later...
On 3/2/2021 at 4:01 PM, xmavrick said:

I was thinking about installing shut off valves for the out side shower and then placing a T valve behind them to either blow them out with air or fill with anti freeze

@xmavrick it’s been a while, just wondering if you installed the shut off valves? 

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

On 3/2/2021 at 10:59 AM, hbschof said:

is there a bypass valve for outdoor shower ?  I was most certain a four season camper would have one in order to avoid freezing  ? 

thank you 

I had the same question.

Sounds like a good idea for a factory change

• Like 1

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4