TPMS -Tireminder App version

Anyone running with this one?  I want a TPMS for pickup but like having and app versus another device on the dash as main source of info and warnings.

Where and how have folks wired in the amplifier for signal?

TIA

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

53 minutes ago, TexasGuy said:

Anyone running with this one?  I want a TPMS for pickup but like having and app versus another device on the dash as main source of info and warnings.

Where and how have folks wired in the amplifier for signal?

TIA

I have been using the Tireminder TPMS for several years but not the App Version.  As for the amplifier, I installed ours under the housing for the propane bottles, just made a bracket to mount it near the switch box for the rear jacks.  As for the 12VDC that the amplifier needs I just tapped into the power lead for the tongue jack on the protected fuse side.  Then installed another inline fuse (1 amp) to feed the TPMS amplifier.   If the tongue jack fuse blows you will not have any power to the TPMS amplitier; but this is something that will show up quickly, since you use the tongue jack a lot.  There is a green LED on the amplifier that remain on when power is available.  The system works fine without the amplifier but Tireminder highly recommends installing the amplifier.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

I just bought Tire Traker TPMS system but have not installed it yet on the Ollie. I got the six sensor group so I could also monitor the spare tire on the Ollie and the TV.

Those that have  the Tire Traker brand, have you needed the amplifier?

Where did you install the amplifier and how did you connect to the 12DC power?

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

48 minutes ago, dewdev said:

I just bought Tire Traker TPMS system but have not installed it yet on the Ollie. I got the six sensor group so I could also monitor the spare tire on the Ollie and the TV.

Those that have  the Tire Traker brand, have you needed the amplifier?

Where did you install the amplifier and how did you connect to the 12DC power?

I bought the amp and found out that it was not needed for either my full sized Ram pickup or my shorter Land Cruiser. There have never been any issues with connecting, except when a sensor battery gets low, which is to be expected. I have never even needed to raise the dorky antenna mast on the display....

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2482-review-tire-traker-tt-500-tpms/

IF you needed to install it, a good spot would be in the left overhead cabinet at the bathroom divider wall. You could splice into the power and ground wire for the cabinet lights, that is where I mounted the Garmin backup camera transmitter.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I have the Tire Traker 500 also.  It’s worked very well, and I haven’t needed the amplifier.  I do have a question though for those who buy extra sensors and mount them on the spare tire of the Ollie or the spare of the tow vehicle.  The sensors go into sleep mode after a time interval when the tires aren’t rotating, and only send new readings after waking up when the trailer starts moving and the tires start rotating (takes a few minutes on mine to get updated readings when just starting out on the road).  Does the sensor on the spare tire actually wake up and send a new reading?   The spare tire is only getting random road vibrations.  Is that enough to wake up the sensor on the spare tire to send a new reading every so often?    Or is the receiver unit sending a “wake up” signal to the sensors when the receiver is turned on?

E784A8A6-121D-4A72-93E2-1AF95326BB4E.jpeg

Edited by FrankC

47 minutes ago, FrankC said:

Does the sensor on the spare tire actually wake up and send a new reading?   The spare tire is only getting random road vibrations.  Is that enough to wake up the sensor on the spare tire to send a new reading every so often?    Or is the receiver unit sending a “wake up” signal to the sensors when the receiver is turned on?

The spare tire sender wakes up by itself after driving a few minutes and it stays working like the other four. You can also wake one up by flicking it with a finger (imagine flicking a booger, sorry for the perfect analogy🙄). First thing in the morning while doing my walk around inspection before leaving the site, I wake the display and then flick the senders to get “today’s” pressures, not the ones from when they last went to sleep (when they were warm from driving). This is in case one happened to pick up a nail and was quietly deflating over night. (You would not know until after driving a few minutes otherwise.) I never use a tire gauge unless one of those morning readings seems odd. They do not indicate super accurate numbers, but they are very consistent.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

FrankC

According to TireTraker, the sensors on the spare tires will sense the road vibration when moving and wake up.

As TireTraker recommends, in the morning you can do a "Auto- Update" which will provide data on all the sensors.

Richard

Edited by dewdev
  • Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

On 3/9/2021 at 5:17 AM, John E Davies said:

I never use a tire gauge unless one of those morning readings seems odd. They do not indicate super accurate numbers, but they are very consistent.

John Davies

Spokane WA

JD:  On your recommendation back i 2018, I purchased the same TPMS.  It works really well. 

One thing that I previously had no idea was occurring is that tire pressure changes A LOT from cold mornings to hot desert crossings at speed.   Also, the tires in the shade side can be ten PSI or more lower than those basking in the sun.   This info, and bouncing dishes and flying dinette cushions encouraged me to reduce tire pressure from 60 to 50 PSI cold pressure.  Don't get quite the MPG, but do believe that it is a better highway tire pressure for wear and impact damage perspectives..

A nice tool to have is a battery powered air compressor.  I especially like the DeWalt 20V one.   

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

GJ - 

Be a bit careful to not drop your tire pressures too low.

According to Goodyear Tires,

"Just as colder weather can cause PSI to drop, excessive heat can cause your tire pressure to temporarily increase. For every 10 degrees of increased temperature, your tires can be expected to increase by 1-2 pounds of pressure."

Therefore, if your tires increase temperature any more than 10 to 12 psi and there isn't some other mitigating factor (like the tires being in direct sunlight) then the tires are most likely under-inflated.  An under-inflated tire is more likely to be the cause of a blow-out given that excessive heat weakens the carcass.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"