Wanderinglabs.com

topgun2

• Moderators

As I prepared and was planning my two month fly fishing trip to Wyoming for this summer, I found out that I could not get reservations in one of my favorite campgrounds.  This particular campground had always been a bit of a problem in that it only has eight sites and only four of those are reserveable.  A day or two later I found out about a "free" reservation service available at Wanderinglabs.com.

I went to that site, opened an account, filled out a form stating the campground, camp site and the dates I wanted to reserve and then waited.  This morning - some four weeks later - I received an email stating that reservations were now available for exactly what I wanted.  I clicked on the link to Recreation.gov and got the site reserved.  Simple as that!  All without having to check back every day to see if something had become open.

This service is free unless you want to pay for "premium service" (more frequent checking for openings) or if you want to "donate" because of the amount of time they saved you from having to do this checking yourself.

Bill

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

https://reserve.wanderinglabs.com/new

It needs a whole lot of work to be of any use use to me. It seems to be mostly State Parks, but even using the Corps of Engineers  filter, it did not show any of their reservable campgrounds in WA. It shows just thirteen COE locations, all in a handful of southern states. And I tried the WA State parks filter and it returned zero hits. Unless I am using it wrong? It seems to be disfunctional.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I added this to my RV search tab last year - but never used it. I am horrible at pre planning. Good to know it works - at least for some situations.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

Since I figured that I had nothing to lose - I simply listed the campground and dates I wanted and then sat back and let Wanderinglabs do the work for me.  Frankly I was a bit surprised when I got an email from them saying that reservations had opened up and even more surprised when making the reservation worked exactly as they claimed.

Bill

p.s.   The campground that I reserved is a National Forest Service campground north of Cody, WY.

Edited by topgun2
added detail
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"