How much wind can the awning handle

On 3/10/2021 at 8:17 PM, dewdev said:

I would suggest that you contact Oliver sales group. They should know how the system was designed and be able to give you the information first hand.

Let us know here what you find out.

Talked with sales today.  They said they didn't have a definite answer because of the fact the powered awnings had settings that could be adjusted.  However they also stated that when not on site to retract the awning.

• Like 1

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

Yes, the floors are shiny! Both times we visited there was a lady polishing the floors! The showroom is spotless.

Cindy

• Love 1

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

On 3/11/2021 at 11:06 AM, BackofBeyond said:

One good Bee cough will test most awnings.

A few of the poles as stated help out a lot. Overland has posted some  pics of a setup that looks about as secure as possible. 

We have learned - put it up when you will be gone for any amount of time. Murphy is always watching.

RB 

Bee cough LOL

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• 2 weeks later...

On my (new to me) 2018 Oliver Elite II, I have the manual Carefree awning. Have not used it yet but it has the legs that can attach to the side of the Ollie. I think those legs can also be placed straight down on the ground. Will the Cardfree awning withstand more wind due to these leg supports?

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

30 minutes ago, dewdev said:

Will the Cardfree awning withstand more wind due to these leg supports?

Somewhat.  For sure, the racket that the legs make when attached to the hull acts as a nice early warning system for when the wind picks up.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

If those legs are not secured to the ground in some manner there will be NO additional "support" for the awning in the event of any wind.  Also, if the legs are NOT secured in the fixtures on the side of the trailer when they are in that position then there will be no additional "support" for the awning in the event of wind.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"