Eliminating phantom electrical loads for long term storage.

John E Davies

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

My combination wrench was paid for 50 years ago.  It works real good on the terminal to disconnect and kill all loads.  Cost me about 90 seconds longer than switching a switch.  Just saying why add more weight for almost no value?  

Your combination wrench is a good solution for some folks.  The switch I installed weighs very little even with the extra short cable.  My batteries are now always off when in storage except when I stop by to do something - once or twice a week.  I appreciate the convenience of opening the door a little and turning the switch without opening it all the way, sliding the tray out, getting the wrench out of my tool box, etc.  We’re all different!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

John, 

What about installing a solar tube skylight (or 2) right above the solar panels on your Ollie?  I have one in my living room and it is amazing how much sunlight is brought into the room.  It would be interesting to see how much energy you could get from that?

• Like 2

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

On 9/8/2021 at 2:39 AM, Mike and Carol said:

Your combination wrench is a good solution for some folks.  The switch I installed weighs very little even with the extra short cable.  My batteries are now always off when in storage except when I stop by to do something - once or twice a week.  I appreciate the convenience of opening the door a little and turning the switch without opening it all the way, sliding the tray out, getting the wrench out of my tool box, etc.  We’re all different!  Mike

For sure that's the case.  Living in Hawaii, with my Ollie on the mainland, she only gets out once a year.  Granted, it's for a  3 to 4 month spin around the USA.  After her exercise, she gets a nice cover and rests in a dark barn.  So a wrench is logical in my case.  Not so for most owners who are out and back many times a season. 

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

Living in Hawaii, with my Ollie on the mainland, she only gets out once a year. 

Our son was born in Hawaii back when we lived there in the 80s.  Good memories.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS