Maiden Voyage

bugz

Well we are back from our first camping trip in our Oliver which is also the first trailer we have ever owned. My husband said it towed like a dream behind the Jeep. We got it in some pretty tight spaces after making a "driveway" onto our property and setting up took just a few minutes. We had some technical difficulties but all in all it was a good trip.

• Moderators

Hey, Bugs & wife,

Congrats!!!!

We're so happy your first trip went well.... We're looking forward to our first "real" long trip ourselves in our Oliver. The trip home was cut short, so just a jaunt and one quick stop.

We're glad you had fun. Can you tell us what you mean about making a "driveway"? Any pix? Love to hear more about your trip when you have time!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry,

Our property is in the middle of nowhere and has a dirt road to it but the land itself is (was) untouched so when our group arrived my husband and the other guys scoped things out and then grabbed some shovels and saws. They trimmed some pine tree branches, moved assorted boulders, bushes, cactus and drove the Jeep back and forth along the area we wanted to use as a driveway. It's probably 100ft from the road to the area where we camped. Silly me didn't get any pictures but we are going back up in two weeks and I will take some to post here.

:lol: Picked up 'Ollie" yesterday and stayed at Naco/TT campground. Area around here is gorgeous even in the rain!! Everybody at Oliver factory is GREAT! Pleasant,helpful and gracious. Will be headed home tonite so hoping weather improves!

8-) Love Ollie!!!!! Better than expected!!!!

• Moderators

Congrats, Chuck!!! Glad you're happy, too! Safe trip, and have fun on the way home!

Sherry n Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

bugz,

Your Oliver looks very happy in your family. Thanks for sharing your great photos with us . . . looks like all were having a grand time. Can't wait to do the "smores thing" with the grandkids!

Nice mural, is that Lake Havasu itself?

May you experience many, many more wonderful memories building moments with your trailer . . .

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

bugeyedriver,

That is I believe in Idaho. It was the picture that was on the trailer when we bought it and I can't recall exactly where Jim said it was taken although I asked and was told a few times :) We are taking sunset pictures each evening though, searching for that perfect one to put on our trailer. We may end up with a daytime picture of the lake instead but we aren't sure.

We drilled. I know, I know! But it wasn't that bad really and the bracket is curved and fits perfectly! It was only ten bucks at Lowe's and it looks like it was made for the trailer. Highly recommended.

Hi Bugz!

Thanks for posting the pics! Having done a lot of Casita mods, the first hole is the

hardest! ;)

I know, these ain't Casitas but they will need a FEW mods and/or personalizations!!!!

Got the slideout paper towel holder from CW and will have to drill a couple of holes to install it. Also, will be putting in 2 "assistance handles" back to back in bath thru to short wall next to closet for assistance getting in and out of entry door. Other than that, prob use suction cups!

The Oliver is so well thought out, it's hard to find something to change!!!

Has anyone "treated" the back of the mirrored bath door to preserve the silvering? Thinking of a urethane of some kind. Any thought??

Chuck

That's a really good question. My brother-in-law is a glazier and just happens to be coming for a visit in a week or so. I will have him take a look at it and see what he thinks. I can't wait to show off our trailer! (again)

• Moderators

Chuck, you've gotta' post photos when you get those handles mounted. We find ourselves a bit reluctant to put the step down for just every little stop, and a handle to assist quick entry would be great, for grabbing a fast cold drink.

>

Bugz, I do like that towel rack and will likely scrap my suction cup jury rig. I am also intrested in something to cover the back of the bathroom door. Maybe another mirror so that the bathroom light shines on my face to facilitate shaving.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Hi, Bugz,

Thanx for posting all the great pix! I see you've updated even more. Looks like you had a lot of fun on the first trip... We all wish you many more happy trips!

I'm really interested in hearing your brother-in-law's ideas on the back of the shower door. I don't want to hang a shower curtain, and toweling off the door every time helps, but I'm also a little concerned. Maybe the door is already coated??? I don't know. I do know how I love the feeling of extra space the mirrored doors give the interior of the main salon!

Love the soap dispensers. I see you use them in a home bath too (unless you installed glass block in the oliver :D , which I doubt!) Must mean that you like them there, too. Are these a Lowe's product? They look great with the bath! And my suction cup stuff in the bathroom keeps falling down :cry:

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

mountainborn,

Do you have a mirror over your sink? I was thinking of putting one there but wasn't certain of the best way to go about it. We are installing a soap dispenser next to the kitchen faucet today and will post pictures of that when it is done. We are having such a good time making our trailer just so.

Sherry,

The dispensers you see in the picture with the glass block are in our home shower and were purchased from http://www.dispenser.com. We love them and knew they would be perfect for the trailer because they are secure and don't take up counter space. We didn't want to fill them up with soap though and have them sitting in the trailer for extended periods of non-use so Andrew came up with the idea of just buying an extra mounting bracket and grabbing our dispensers before we hit the road. Problem solved.

• Moderators

Bugz, no mirror over the sink, but the factory installed mirror is to the right of the door as you enter the bathroom. We have a suction cup mirror that's stuck to the wall, that we can move about as needed.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

One nice looking rig . . .

DSC_0024_2.jpg

Camping on the Natches Trail, compliments of Oliver Travel Trailers, Inc.

DSC_0023_2.jpg

"Honor the Sacred" by Kathy Hatt

DSC_0027_2.jpg

Eggzactly Perfect

DSC_0026_2.jpg

One Happy Trailer

DSC_0028_2.jpg

One Happy Camper!

DSC_0033_2.jpg

Bugeyedriver & Meanderthal . . . Its a RALLY!!!

DSC_0034_2.jpg

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Hi, Pete,

Thanks for posting the great photos. Sorry we didn't get to stay in Howenwald when we picked ours up.... Too little time, too many commitments at home... tho we'll take them up on the offer of a night on Oliver one of these days!!

Hope the rally is a lot of fun... sure it is.

Best regards,

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4